Spotting 8-Chevron Stargates (VFX goof)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spotting 8-Chevron Stargates (VFX goof)

I'm rewatching this show with my mom who's a first-time viewer. It just donned on me, when did the 8-chevron stargates begin appearing in the show? My next episode is 3-13 "Irresponsible." Wasn't the first one the Asuran satellite weapon in 3-20 "First Strike?"

As far as I know it was the Asuran weapon and later popped up again with the Midway Station. I don't recall any specific moments with Space Gates missing them, but I know it's happened a few times later on.

sigpic

Comment

"The fifth race"

Comment

How was The Fifth Race a goof? It's not attempts at using the 8th chevron, but when the gate appears to only have 8 rather than 9.

sigpic

Comment

It seems like some time in the third season, the VFX people forgot that stargates have nine chevrons. I don't think this was ever a problem on SG-1 since stargates were usually represented with set pieces unless far off into the distance.

Comment

sigpic
            Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              As far as I know it was the Asuran weapon and later popped up again with the Midway Station. I don't recall any specific moments with Space Gates missing them, but I know it's happened a few times later on.
              The earliest 8-chevron stargate I can find is the midway station in "The Return, Part 1." Did it pop up before that?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                The earliest 8-chevron stargate I can find is the midway station in "The Return, Part 1." Did it pop up before that?
                in the season 3 intro at Joe flanigans title scene the background image i think
                sigpic
                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                  For some reason I was thinking Midway Station's glitch (The Return) happened after the Asuran weapon. I don't think it did happen before Midway was introduced, but I think one or both FRAN episodes had the same problem.

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
                  in the season 3 intro at Joe flanigans title scene the background image i think
                  That's a nine chevron gate. It's from season 1 if I remember correctly.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X