Was Sheppard Promoted to Full Colonel??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Sheppard Promoted to Full Colonel??

I keep seeing people refer to Shepperd as Col Shepperd but I do not remember it being mentioned that he was promoted to full Colonel from my understanding he was still Ltc Shepperd at the end of Atlantis. If im wrong can someone get the exact episode and time from when you hear he is a full Colonel and dont point me into episodes when they call him Colonel because you never say Lt Colonel unless its him saying his own rank

On the show, John Sheppard was not promoted to full-bird colonel.
    sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Generally speaking people call you colonel even if you are still colonel be it a full colonel or not. Its like how Hammond or Landry were called General even when they were only major generals
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Lt. Cols. are usually referred to as simply Colonel. However, after Sheppard took out the Wraith hive in Earth orbit in the finale, I suspect he would have been promoted to full Colonel.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Lt. Cols. are usually referred to as simply Colonel. However, after Sheppard took out the Wraith hive in Earth orbit in the finale, I suspect he would have been promoted to full Colonel.
          However promotions aren't given out as 'rewards', they're connected to jobs and responsibilities. I find it unlikely that they'd promote Sheppard without handing him more responsibiity. He certainly wouldn't retain the same posting as a full-bird.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

thanks. I know all about rank names and the system of it cos im in the australian army and we use the same rank structure

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
              However promotions aren't given out as 'rewards', they're connected to jobs and responsibilities. I find it unlikely that they'd promote Sheppard without handing him more responsibiity. He certainly wouldn't retain the same posting as a full-bird.
              An O6 in charge of a large naval vessel (something between Carrier/Battleship and Sub/Frigate would likely be an O6. Fully armed with drones, Atlantis would be the most powerful ship in our forces making that a "Flag" officer position. When SGC goes to Atlantis it would likely be a Lt. General position and would likely house the Joint Chiefs once moved to Chesapeake Bay. In reality military commander of Atlantis with Atlantis on Earth would be a significant position. With Atlantis out of the Galaxy I would agree that is an O-5 Billet.

Sheppard is insubordinate and won't make O-6. Him deciding not to man the chair in Area 51 nearly caused the loss of the planet. Military (at least ours) wouldn't forget that.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                An O6 in charge of a large naval vessel (something between Carrier/Battleship and Sub/Frigate would likely be an O6. Fully armed with drones, Atlantis would be the most powerful ship in our forces making that a "Flag" officer position. When SGC goes to Atlantis it would likely be a Lt. General position and would likely house the Joint Chiefs once moved to Chesapeake Bay. In reality military commander of Atlantis with Atlantis on Earth would be a significant position. With Atlantis out of the Galaxy I would agree that is an O-5 Billet.

Sheppard is insubordinate and won't make O-6. Him deciding not to man the chair in Area 51 nearly caused the loss of the planet. Military (at least ours) wouldn't forget that.
                When he had man the chair in Area 51 he would had been dead in the middle of EatG. I don't see anything insubordinating there. He was on his way when the attack began. It always takes me wonder that a so well-advanced outpost like Area 51 didn't have an air raid defense.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                Sig & Avi by Josi
                sigpic
                LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Comment

However promotions aren't given out as 'rewards'
                    Perhaps, but that seems to be how they're handed out in Stargate.

I find it unlikely that they'd promote Sheppard without handing him more responsibiity. He certainly wouldn't retain the same posting as a full-bird.
                    Why not? O'Neill was leading SG-1 for seven years as a full Colonel, and he was second to General Hammond who was running the SGC.

Comment

Perhaps, but that seems to be how they're handed out in Stargate.

Why not? O'Neill was leading SG-1 for seven years as a full Colonel, and he was second to General Hammond who was running the SGC.
                      But O'Neill's promotions all came with upwards movement of position. He didn't stay in the same role.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

agreed shep would only make full colonel if he took over the atlantis expidition if it ever went back to pegasus so he's either stuck where he is or has to take on more responsibility
                        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/~ussthor

Comment

But O'Neill's promotions all came with upwards movement of position. He didn't stay in the same role.
                          I didn't say anything about promotions. I said that when he was a Colonel, he lead SG-1 and was second only to Hammond. With Atlantis on Earth, why should these circumstances be any different? Sheppard could be a Colonel, lead missions as O'Neill did, and be second to whoever's in charge like he's always been and like Colonel O'Neill was to General Hammond.

Originally posted by USS Thor View Post
                          agreed shep would only make full colonel if he took over the atlantis expidition if it ever went back to pegasus so he's either stuck where he is or has to take on more responsibility
                          If a U.S. Air Force officer is to be in charge of the Atlantis Expedition, shouldn't it be a General? I always wondered why Colonel Carter was given such authority during Atlantis's fourth season.

Comment

If a U.S. Air Force officer is to be in charge of the Atlantis Expedition, shouldn't it be a General? I always wondered why Colonel Carter was given such authority during Atlantis's fourth season.
                            Because shes hot haha

Comment

The role of the city and it's ranking military officer would change upon landing in US waters. The city is now the most powerful ship at our disposal. Sheppard will be nothing but a team leader now and there will by a Flag officer in charge (likely Oneil once homeworld command is located on Atlantis).

Comment

Working...
                              X