Is MacGyver worth revisiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is MacGyver worth revisiting?

I know this is the SG-1 forum, but I'd like input from people who specifically watched Stargate SG-1. Anyway, I used to watch MacGyver as a kid and found it on Netflix. Is it worth revisiting? For so long, I've identified Richard Dean-Anderson as "Jack O'Neill," and with Stargate over, a trip down memory lane seems like a good idea.

Fellow SG-1 fans, what are your thoughts on MacGyver?

I've seen the first season of MacGyver again after starting to watch SG-1. Mac is certainly a much more sympathetic character. Might be worth a revisit, but don't be surprised if you don't feel the same way about it as you felt watching it as a youngster.
    sigpic

Comment

I'd say so. Well, I've only seen up to the middle of the second series, but I really enjoyed it.
      (I was watching it on YouTube, but the account was closed down when I reached that point... )
      I'm planning on getting the DVDs. That is, if no one's got me them for Christmas.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I'd revisit it, time permitting. I loved the series, and RDA was the reason I started watching it. The nice thing about Netflix is you can skip to the next ep if you find yourself feeling unhappy about a particular storyline. (can do that any time, but Netflix makes it easier, IMO).
        sigpic

Comment

I caught an episode on TV last year. I couldn't sit through the whole thing. I liked the show when I was younger, but it just isn't watchable for me anymore. Same with Knight Rider.
          sigpic
          Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

It's worth revisiting, so long as you keep in mind that 1) Mac is a VERY different character from Jack and b) the show is very politically correct, and reflects its time (it was on the air from 1986-1992).

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

For nostalgia it's a great romp...and also, if you're a "location spotter" then comparing the Vancouver of MacGyver days with the Vancouver of Stargate SG-1 days is fun.....shows how Vancouver has progressed as a city over the past 2 decades for sure..

And RDA doesn't half wear those tight jeans well!.......

Deeds xx
              Last edited by discodiva; 18 December 2011, 12:19 PM.
              sigpic
              Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
              MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

definately

Comment

I have the show saved in my streaming que on Netflix, but got bored after a few episodes. I will probably see a few more when I get around to it but there are other series I would rather see or just watch SG1 over again. To be honest I like shows with teams of people so you don't get bored with the same old person doing the same old thing. Don't think I was that crazy about the show back when it aired either.

Comment

lol. I just have to say as I'm watching the Simpsons episode featuring RDA and Stargate SG-1. It's funny watching his (the whole episode in general)feelings about MacGyver in regards to his feelings about SG-1. I loved it when Selma and Patty kidnapped him because he pissed them off in regards to these feelings and he ends up (albeit even if he goes mad) wanting to be like MacGyver again. Great episode for any Simpsons or RDA fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X