Atlantis Movie idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Movie idea

I personally think that the creators behind Atlantis should put money into making the movie. I heard David Hasselhof is doing it for another baywatch movie so why cant the creators of Atlantis?? Anyone else agree?

A Baywatch TV movie is easy to fund, all you need is to assemble some actors and have them run on the beach and rescue people from the ocean.

The Stargate: Atlantis TV movie would be far more expensive. They only could have pulled it off if the sets were still standing with the costumes, props, and so on still available. All of that is gone, so all of that would have to be recreated, driving the expense even higher than originally anticipated. Further, people aren't buying DVD's as much as they are renting, watching via Netflix, or illegally downloading them. MGM can't justify the expense of making the movie.

Comment

I liked Stargate: Atlantis, but it's over now, best to just let sleeping dogs lie.
      sigpic
      Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Yep, the show ended in January, 2009. The movie script got shelved when SGU was cancelled. It's over. On the bright side, there's still 100 episodes for us to enjoy. Good enough, no? I'm watching the show with my mom who is a first time viewer. It's making the show feel new all over again. Some episodes, I'd totally forgotten.

Comment

And then there are the fandemonium books about SG1 and SGA. I've just recently read some of the SGA books, and for the most part they are really good (IMO). In fact, the most recent one could easily have become a mini-movie or two part episode for SGA.

Comment

Must check those out
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
              Must check those out
              You might want to check out this thread: SGA-Legacy-Book-Series

and

Stargate Novels Bookshop

In the Legacy Series on SGA, I've read "Homecoming" and "The Lost". There are supposed to be four more in the series, and these first two are quite good (IMO).

There's an earlier one called "Exogenesis", which is also very good.

I have to space out how many I order for my ereader, but I'm planning on also Another called "Mirror, Mirror" looks interesting (having read on exerpt from it).

There's also "Dead End", "Hit and Run", "Entanglement" and a few others which I may read eventually.
              Last edited by hedwig; 17 December 2011, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I've picked up one SGA novel, "Homecoming". It was pretty good, I don't enough to have an opinion of the others. The one I read seemed to have the characters being true to what they were on the TV series. Do the other novels take the story forward, or are they just like bottle episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumIguana View Post
                  I've picked up one SGA novel, "Homecoming". It was pretty good, I don't enough to have an opinion of the others. The one I read seemed to have the characters being true to what they were on the TV series. Do the other novels take the story forward, or are they just like bottle episodes?
                  Other than the SGA series that starts with "Homecoming", the others appear to be "bottle" episodes. I've now read several related to SGA, the others being separate from them going back to Pegasus. After "Homecoming" is "The Lost", then "Allegiance", and there will apparently be three more in that particular "arc".

I've also now read several SG1 books and they have all been individual or "bottle" episodes.

Comment

I know David Hewlett said in a recent interview (here on Gateworld) that getting the rights to Stargate at this point would be a nightmare and that it would be much more likely that a continuation from the original movie would be made.
                    sigpic

Comment

I know I ask this a lot, but is "Enemy at the Gate" such a bad episode to end on? Yes, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered. It was suppose to be a season finale, not a series finale. Still, as a final episode, I loved it. They brought back most of the recurring characters, even if just for cameos. A Wraith hive guns it for Earth. Atlantis finally gets fully powered (without Ancients or Asurans), flies all the way to Earth, and dukes it out with the Wraith hive in orbit.

What else could you ask for?

Comment

The reason people want more SGA is because the show ended before it started to suck. Everybody misses a girlfriend they still love, few miss the ex wife who took half their junk kind of thing.

At least Enemy at the Gate wasn't a cliffhanger where you don't know if somebody in danger is going to die or not. It was an OK episode.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                          The reason people want more SGA is because the show ended before it started to suck. Everybody misses a girlfriend they still love, few miss the ex wife who took half their junk kind of thing.

At least Enemy at the Gate wasn't a cliffhanger where you don't know if somebody in danger is going to die or not. It was an OK episode.
                          What about poor Todd?
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                            What about poor Todd?
                            What about him? He isn't a main character anyway. Few shows answer the question of what happens to non core characters down the road.

The wraith in general are not going anywhere unless you get all genocidal on them over a long period of time (and that can swing the wrong way, ask the ancients).

Comment

Originally posted by unknown_k View Post
                              Few shows answer the question of what happens to non core characters down the road.
                              Agreed. Star Trek: Deep Space Nine is one of the few shows that did.

Comment

Working...
                              X