PDA

View Full Version : Spoilerific COMIC discussion thread (also spoilers for all aired episodes)

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I just want to branch off of fifth's thread here for the sake of protecting people from potential spoilers for upcoming episodes (if they follow the comics).

So I'm all caught up on the comics now, and I have thoughts I'd like to share with anyone else reading:

I'm so very surprised that Shane is still alive on the TV show when he dies so early on in the comics. I wonder if they mean TV-Shane to be kind of an amalgam of comic-Shane and comic-Tyreese.
Rick learns that the bites just kill you--but everyone is infected and will come back as a walker after they're dead. Is anyone else thinking that this may be what the CDC doctor revealed to Rick in the Season 1 finale?
Michonne and the Governor are both awesome characters. I wonder if we'll ever get to see them in the show. And if we do, who would play them?
Comic-Carl has gotten to be tough as nails, hardened to the world. It's so sad, but so incredibly compelling to read. I hope the TV series does this too.
When the comic characters left Hershel's farm, they set up camp in the prison....isn't this just a perfect direction to go in if AMC is trying to force them to take things indoors?
the ending of the Made to Suffer arc--the one where like 3/4 of the characters die in a single issue--holy friggin' hell. What a terrific issue that was. I hope the show can do it too!

the fifth man
December 7th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Yeah, the comic has definitely been something very special. So many good ideas for the show to choose from. I really do hope we see the prison story next though. That would be amazing IMO.

Steelbox
December 8th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Agreed a hundred percent. Michonne is my pick for best character in the book, along side Abraham. For Michone there are many potentioal actress but for the governor there is only one that comes to mind for me and it is

http://www1.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/photos/stylus/116436-Danny_Trejo.jpg
"The Mayor" Danny Trejo.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001803/
There is a pick is there that looks identical to the picture of governor cutting Rick's hand.

I mean, the guy don't even need makeup, he has The Governor writen all over his mustache.

DigiFluid
December 8th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Oooh, an excellent choice. Now that you've put that bug into my head I probably won't be able to see anyone else cast in the role!

Hopefully he isn't 'too big' for TV by the time they introduce the character (if they do).

the fifth man
December 8th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Oooh, an excellent choice. Now that you've put that bug into my head I probably won't be able to see anyone else cast in the role!

Hopefully he isn't 'too big' for TV by the time they introduce the character (if they do).

I would be shocked if they don't introduce his character. I think late next season, or sometime thereafter.

Steelbox
December 9th, 2011, 02:47 AM

Nah, i don't think he would let this pass. Ain't that big tou, ye high as Lou Diamond Phillips in my book. Though he is in Sons of Anarchy he may not be able to do it even if he wanted.

I would be shocked if they don't introduce his character. I think late next season, or sometime thereafter.
He was introduced in the late of Behind Bars story arc. I can se him appearing 2-3 episode after they find the prision if they find.

the fifth man
December 12th, 2011, 08:10 PM
He was introduced in the late of Behind Bars story arc. I can se him appearing 2-3 episode after they find the prision if they find.

That would work for me.

Steelbox
December 13th, 2011, 02:35 AM
Another one that would be cool to have would be Abraham. This time there is no one better to interpret him than

http://www.bikernet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/www.timesunion.com_.jpeg
Paul Teutul Sr.

He ain't an actor and he is a little old for the character but for resemblance, he is the guy, appart from tatoos. Also with Paul's temperament, it would be a nice addiction to Abraham's, make him a little dirtier.

the fifth man
December 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM
Another one that would be cool to have would be Abraham. This time there is no one better to interpret him than

http://www.bikernet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/www.timesunion.com_.jpeg
Paul Teutul Sr.

He ain't an actor and he is a little old for the character but for resemblance, he is the guy, appart from tatoos. Also with Paul's temperament, it would be a nice addiction to Abraham's, make him a little dirtier.

He definitely does look like an older version of Abraham.

The Flyattractor
February 20th, 2012, 02:06 PM
In the comic how long were they at the farm?
How long have they been at the farm in the tv show?

DigiFluid
February 20th, 2012, 02:57 PM
The first story arc, Days Gone Bye, (6 issues) runs from Rick's awakening until they decide to leave the camp outside Atlanta.

The second, Miles Behind Us, (6 issues) runs from their departure from the camp, through their time at Hershel's farm, until they depart and discover the prison.

The Flyattractor
February 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I just wondered about the farm in the tv show.
I want to say that they have been there only a couple of weeks but then she says that both Rick's son and daryl would need way more time to heal after their wounds.

Teddybrown
February 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Wow, suprised by the fact that Shane was killed off early in the comics...
How early may I ask?, as obviously in the TV series hes one of the main characters...
Have they morphed another comic character into the Shane we see on TV who doesnt appear in the show?

DigiFluid
February 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wow, suprised by the fact that Shane was killed off early in the comics...
How early may I ask?, as obviously in the TV series hes one of the main characters...
In the comics Shane dies before they leave the camp outside Atlanta.

How he dies:
At that point he's already about as unhinged as where he is in the show now, and attacks Rick (over Lori) while out hunting in the woods. Carl happens to be nearby, unbeknownst to either of them, and shoots Shane in the neck to protect his father.

Have they morphed another comic character into the Shane we see on TV who doesnt appear in the show?
TV-Shane doesn't quite have a comic equivalent at this point. For a while I thought they were making him into an amalgam of two of the comic characters--comic-Shane and Allen (who isn't a character on the show at all)--but with TV-Shane having kind of gone off the deep end, that doesn't appear to be the case anymore.

Teddybrown
February 22nd, 2012, 04:42 AM
In the comics Shane dies before they leave the camp outside Atlanta.

How he dies:
At that point he's already about as unhinged as where he is in the show now, and attacks Rick (over Lori) while out hunting in the woods. Carl happens to be nearby, unbeknownst to either of them, and shoots Shane in the neck to protect his father.

Wow, didnt see that coming, thought hed die from a walker or something...

The Flyattractor
February 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
How old is Carl in the comics?
Same age as on the show?

DigiFluid
February 22nd, 2012, 05:37 PM
Yep.

the fifth man
February 22nd, 2012, 09:11 PM
I wonder how closely Carl's development in this "new world" will mirror how it was treated in the comics? I hope they keep it pretty close.

DigiFluid
February 23rd, 2012, 05:32 AM
I hope so too. So far, at least from Carl's lines in this week's episode, it looks like they're moving a bit in that direction.

The Flyattractor
February 23rd, 2012, 01:43 PM
The Prison should be next in the story arcs shouldn't it?

DigiFluid
February 23rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
If it follows the comics, definitely. But we'll see if they follow the comics, or try to diverge....

I wonder if/when we'll meet Michonne on the show.

Steelbox
February 24th, 2012, 02:41 AM
If it follows the comics, definitely. But we'll see if they follow the comics, or try to diverge....

There is a still/scene of the next episode that shows a walker behind a fenced gate, maybe... and the name of the episode "18 Miles Out" could be a reference to "the mile" that prisioners in the death row have to symbolically walk.

I wonder if/when we'll meet Michonne on the show.

If the producers somehow don't include Michonne they would be missing one of the most brilliant character of the comic, it would be like not including Glenn or Shane, she is essential, in my view to The Walking Dead.

The Flyattractor
February 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
I would think the prison all hangs on if they can find a location that would suit their needs.

the fifth man
February 25th, 2012, 09:16 PM
I would think the prison all hangs on if they can find a location that would suit their needs.

Well, I wish them luck then. I really want to see that storyline on the show.

Teddybrown
February 26th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Just watched the trailer for next weeks episode, at the end, it shows Shane and Rick walking up to a fenced compound, possible introduction for the prison?

Steelbox
February 28th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Just watched the trailer for next weeks episode, at the end, it shows Shane and Rick walking up to a fenced compound, possible introduction for the prison?

Turns out it wasn't the prision, even so i think it was finally revealed, kinda, what Jenner told Rick.

the fifth man
February 28th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Turns out it wasn't the prision, even so i think it was finally revealed, kinda, what Jenner told Rick.

That is a distinct possibility. Hopefully we will know for sure soon.

DigiFluid
February 28th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I very, very firmly believe that Jenner told Rick what we learned ages ago in the comic--that the infection is not just at death, that everyone is infected. The burned bodies in Sunday's episode, to me, was just further evidence to that end; that someone else has figured it out too.

Steelbox
February 29th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I very, very firmly believe that Jenner told Rick what we learned ages ago in the comic--that the infection is not just at death, that everyone is infected. The burned bodies in Sunday's episode, to me, was just further evidence to that end; that someone else has figured it out too.

I didn't get the burned corps as evidence to that, would you be kind and explain why you thought that?

DigiFluid
February 29th, 2012, 05:40 AM
I didn't get the burned corps as evidence to that, would you be kind and explain why you thought that?
I was thinking that if you know your dead friends are going to get back up again 10 minutes after they die, you burn 'em. Doesn't waste a bullet (or fire a gun, drawing the attention of walkers).

Steelbox
February 29th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I was thinking that if you know your dead friends are going to get back up again 10 minutes after they die, you burn 'em. Doesn't waste a bullet (or fire a gun, drawing the attention of walkers).

It would be a good reason, yes.

DigiFluid
March 16th, 2012, 06:02 AM
It was announced today that Walking Dead comic writer — and TV show exec producer — Robert Kirkman has penned a one-off comic revealing Michonne’s much-discussed-by-Deadheads origins. The tale is illustrated by regular Walking Dead artist Charlie Adlard and will appear in the April issue of Playboy, which is out tomorrow. So you should feel free to start making those “I only read Playboy for the zombie comics” jokes right about…now.

Link (http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/03/15/walking-dead-michonne/) (it's Entertainment Weekly, link is safe for work)

mr_kennedy
October 30th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Just started reading the comics, only read the first 2 issues and its already so different isnt it? i kinda like the differences tho