Why are Earth weapons so powerful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are Earth weapons so powerful?

In "Unending", the modified Earth ship takes out an Ori ship with a couple shots from the Asgard weapon. If this were possible, why did the original Ori beachhead (the second supergate) battle fail so horribly? This has really been bugging me >.<

Because the Asgard weapons were their newest and most powerful tech, and they had just developed them.

Out of universe explanation? The writers pulled an arse pull and introduced it out of nowhere to put an end to the series after Season 11 was not renewed.
    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
      Because the Asgard weapons were their newest and most powerful tech, and they had just developed them.

Out of universe explanation? The writers pulled an arse pull and introduced it out of nowhere to put an end to the series after Season 11 was not renewed.
      This.

The Asgard were probably testing them long before, and before they died, they wanted to ensure the Tau'ri would have not only the weapons capable of defending themselves and the galaxy but also for the legacy of the Asgard to live on.
      sigpic

Comment

Its also possible the ship sent to the supergate was they only ship that could get their at the time. In fact, do we get to see what happens to that ship?

Comment

It is very likely that mini-me Oneill was collecting specific intellegence on those shields and that knowledge went back to their homeworld to a weapons designer.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
            Its also possible the ship sent to the supergate was they only ship that could get their at the time. In fact, do we get to see what happens to that ship?
            We see the ship fly off while shooting then you dont see it again so it leaves it open to whether it was destroyed or not. Im pretty sure the Asgard explain that alot of the stuff is new technology included the plasma beam weapon

Comment

Because Earth is FTW? )

Comment

Earth has such powerful weapons, because they were handed down from the Asgard. As for the finale, I just assumed that the Asgard were as busy creating anti-Ori weapons as they were solving the cloning problem. What good is handing their legacy to Earth if the Ori turns around and wipes them out?

Comment

Working...
                X