What is the REAL episode order for SG1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the REAL episode order for SG1?

I moved several months ago, and have lost all my home-recordings of SG1.

I ended up buying the entire series (in the season by season format, NOT that horrible-quality full-series box set).

I noticed, tho', that the epsiode order on the DVDs isn't the same as I was familiar with (and had listed, based on SciFi/SyFy airings and the list at www.tv.com).

For fun, just so I can do it again, I also started recording the episodes as they air, two per week, on "THIS TV". Now that season one is over, tho', I'm going back to burn DVDs off the hard drive, and have found that the episode order is also out of step with what I'm familiar with. (I'm not sure yet if it's the same as the DVD set, but it looks like it may be).

I know MGM is part owner of THIS, so it may make some sense, but is there anyplace I can go to that will give the "official" order in which the episodes should run (and should be viewed)?

It's just sort of strange that if the DVDs are the correct order, why other sources (like Showtime...yep...the old ones are back on Showtime too, along with THIS and SyFy) may be holding to the order shown at TV.com .

Any comments, and any possible explanations?

Thanks.

Why buy the DVD's if you're just going to record the show for free from your TV set? That's a waste of money! I don't mean to be harsh, but your money should come first.

To answer your question, the episode-order on the DVD's are accurate. Only the first season's episode order was messed up for the DVD release. I've got the first season on DVD, and honestly, I never knew they were out of order until coming to GateWorld. Personally, it's not worth the effort to watch them in the original broadcast order, simply because there's just no detectable difference.

Season 1 (DVD)
    1 "Children of the Gods" (feature length)
    2 "The Enemy Within"
    3 "Emancipation"
    4 "The Broca Divide"
    5 "The First Commandment"
    6 "Brief Candle"
    7 "Cold Lazarus"
    8 "Thor's Hammer"
    9 "The Torment of Tantalus"
    10 "Bloodlines"
    11 "Fire and Water"
    12 "The Nox"
    13 "Hathor"
    14 "Cor-ai"
    15 "Singularity"
    16 "Enigma"
    17 "Tin Man"
    18 "Solitudes"
    19 "There But for the Grace of God"
    20 "Politics"
    21 "Within the Serpent's Grasp" (season finale)

Season 1 (GateWorld's Episode Order)
    1 "Children of the Gods" (feature length)
    2 "The Enemy Within"
    3 "Emancipation"
    4 "The Broca Divide"
    5 "The First Commandment"
    7 "Cold Lazarus"
    12 "The Nox"
    6 "Brief Candle"
    8 "Thor's Hammer"
    9 "The Torment of Tantalus"
    10 "Bloodlines"
    11 "Fire and Water"
    13 "Hathor"
    15 "Singularity"
    14 "Cor-ai"
    16 "Enigma"
    18 "Solitudes"
    17 "Tin Man"
    19 "There But for the Grace of God"
    20 "Politics"
    21 "Within the Serpent's Grasp" (season finale)

I left the numbers with the episode titles and simply moved them around to how the episode order appears on GateWorld. This way, you can more easily see the difference. Honestly, it doesn't matter, just watch the show on DVD. It'll be far better quality than TV recordings.

Comment

If you're referring to the discrepancies in the Season 1 and Season 2 box sets, it honestly doesn't make any difference.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Wow, I didn't even know the Season 2 episodes were out of order until just now. Huh. Like I say, just go with the DVD order. It doesn't effect any story lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Why buy the DVD's if you're just going to record the show for free from your TV set? That's a waste of money! I don't mean to be harsh, but your money should come first...
          Do I tell you how to spend money on recreation?

If I want to record the show off TV "for fun" (which is what I said), is that something you need to comment on? Things you enjoy might seem wasteful, trivial, or even dangerous to other forum members, but we wouldn't be telling you what to do or not to do.

(As for recording the show vs. buying DVDs, originally it wasn't certain THIS would re-run the series. They still could drop it at any time, and running only two a week it'll take two years or so to get the entire series again.)

Thank you for the rest of your reply, tho'. It still doesn't quite answer my question, but I appreciate the effort.

Maybe I can check out MGM's official site for STARGATE. Maybe they'll have something.

Comment

The season 8 episodes are in different orders on the region 1 and region 2 DVDs. Anyone know the real order of those? Was Citizen Joe intended to be before or after Reckoning and Threads?

Also, does anyone know why Region 2 doesn't have commentaries on It's Good to be King or Citizen Joe?
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Citizen Joe comes first because Jack mentions the following in the opening:

Spoiler:

O'NEILL
              No, I have a thing with someone from CIA. A Johnson someone or other. It's about that whole Kinsey thing.

And in Threads it turns out they're dating.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                The season 8 episodes are in different orders on the region 1 and region 2 DVDs. Anyone know the real order of those? Was Citizen Joe intended to be before or after Reckoning and Threads?
                They did that just to fit episodes onto discs for some stupid reason. The actual order runs Full Alert, Citizen Joe, Reckoning Parts 1 and 2, and then Threads. There's a comment in Citizen Joe that alludes to the proper order, even though in terms of narrative it doesn't really affect things.

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                Also, does anyone know why Region 2 doesn't have commentaries on It's Good to be King or Citizen Joe?
                The Stargate DVDs are notoriously bad for having regional variations in bonus content. Nobody seems to know why.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  They did that just to fit episodes onto discs for some stupid reason. The actual order runs Full Alert, Citizen Joe, Reckoning Parts 1 and 2, and then Threads. There's a comment in Citizen Joe that alludes to the proper order, even though in terms of narrative it doesn't really affect things.

The Stargate DVDs are notoriously bad for having regional variations in bonus content. Nobody seems to know why.
                  I wonder if you complain they give you replacement DVDs, like they did with the 45-min Threads?
                  sigpic
                  http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                  http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I wouldn't count on it. The Threads issue was missing content, the R2 problem has all the content, just mis-ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Niddle View Post
                      Do I tell you how to spend money on recreation? If I want to record the show off TV "for fun" (which is what I said), is that something you need to comment on? Things you enjoy might seem wasteful, trivial, or even dangerous to other forum members, but we wouldn't be telling you what to do or not to do.
                      I struggle financially. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to have boots for work tomorrow. When I see people spend money frivolously, it makes my blood boil, because it's like they don't know how valuable that dollar is. $20 could mean DVD's for one person, and gas for the week for another. If I seemed to preach, it's just that boiling over the edge of the pot. I only meant well. I hope you understand.

Thank you for the rest of your reply, tho'. It still doesn't quite answer my question, but I appreciate the effort. Maybe I can check out MGM's official site for STARGATE. Maybe they'll have something.
                      Have you tried GateWorld's episode guides?

Season 1, Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5
                      Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9, Season 10

Comment

I'm going mad.

I did check out the MGM website, which you'd expect to be THE correct list.

It lists the episodes in the traditional (original broadcast) order.

In other words, different from the DVD set.

The DVD set MGM itself produced.

I think my DVD set came here thru a quantum mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          ...When I see people spend money frivolously, it makes my blood boil, because it's like they don't know how valuable that dollar is...
                          I never said my buying the DVDs was done frivolously. I said it was done because after the original discs were lost, and I decided to get the official sets. You have no idea what my circumstances are, how I budget, or what I may have given up to get the DVDs.

You're not allowing others to be individuals, and you're (seemingly) thinking we all have the same circumstances as you and must make the same choices you do. This is a mistake.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation with the boots.

Try taking a look at www.haband.com to see if anything in their clearance catagory might help.

Comment

The list on the lexicon is the right order.
                            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              The list on the lexicon is the right order.
                              Not to be obsessive about this, but would a list be official just because it's on Richard's site?

I'm going to look now, but am fearing it'll be different from the MGM list, which of course will mean two different official sources contradict each other just like the DVDs and the MGM site already do.

Here goes...

Comment

Working...
                              X