Season 1 BD/DVD announcement + bonus content + cover art

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1 BD/DVD announcement + bonus content + cover art

HBO finally gets around to announcing the home video release of Season 1!

Game of Thrones - 'The Complete 1st Season' on DVD and Blu-ray: Date, Cost, Extras and Packaging

HBO Video has announced at their website that Game of Thrones - The Complete 1st Season is coming to DVD and Blu-ray Disc on March 6th. As we reported last June, the price is $59.99 SRP for the standard DVD set, and $79.98 SRP for the high-def (1080p video and DTS-HD Master Audio) Blu-ray Disc version, but you can pre-order both of them at a nice discount from Amazon.com using the button links below. Under that we have the package art for both formats. The information at HBO's own site had a brief list of the extras found on these releases, but one of our readers, "Ryan" (thanks!), pointed us toward EW.com's story with a more complete list of the bonus material that will be equipped on this title:
    • Complete Guide to Westeros
    • Making Game of Thrones
    • Character Profiles
    • Creating the Show Open
    • From the Book to the Screen
    • The Night's Watch
    • Creating the Dothraki Language
    • Audio Commentaries with Cast and Crew including David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, George R.R. Martin, Emilia Clarke, Peter Dinklage, Kit Harington, and more

Exclusive to the Blu-ray version:
    • Blu-ray Complete Guide to Westeros
    • In-Episode Guide
    • Anatomy of an Episode: episode six, 'A Golden Crown.'"
    • Hidden Dragon Eggs

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I can't wait to get hand on this one.... I think from 2011 Game of Thrones has been the best thing when it comes down to television or cinematic entertainment.. none of the new falls tv shows has toped the awesomeness of this epic show! If I had a bluray player I would buy it on bluray, but I have to stick with the dvd although it does not do justice to this awesome show, heck I would by the bluray as well if I had the kind of money
    sigpic

Comment

I still have yet to watch this show...Sadly enough.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post

You should try watching it if you don't mind nudity ( which often serves to the story actually except for one scene maybe)!
        sigpic

Comment

I think I watched about half of it, then lost interest. Well lost interest is too strong, I still want to see it but other stuff got in the way so it wasn't as important. May just wait and catch the whole thing on Blu-Ray

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
            You should try watching it if you don't mind nudity ( which often serves to the story actually except for one scene maybe)!
            ...Oh noes...Nudity...I could never stand that..

(we are talking about female nudity, right?)
            sigpic

Comment

...Oh noes...Nudity...I could never stand that..

(we are talking about female nudity, right?)
              I think we see man ass at least once, but yeah mostly female.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                I think we see man ass at least once, but yeah mostly female.
                We were also tortured with the aassassin's swinging cod in one shot. You know, for all the equal opportunists out there.

Comment

That BluRay cover is gorgeous! I love the border and the spine artwork!
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

I might try watching it over winter break...Though I don't know how.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                      That BluRay cover is gorgeous! I love the border and the spine artwork!
                      me like it as well
                      sigpic

Comment

I can't wait!

I just wish HBO was a bit faster about releasing their shows, they seem to wait until just a little while before the next season premieres before they release anything.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Shylodog View Post
                          We were also tortured with the aassassin's swinging cod in one shot. You know, for all the equal opportunists out there.
                          Shockingly enough, I don't remember seeing anyone's Thrill Drill during the show. If it happened during the second half of the season, something to look forward to I guess.

sigpic

Comment

the show wasn't any more sexually graphic than the books are. HBO wasn't throwing nudity and sex in just because they were HBO. remember that.

Comment

I was personally offended by the male nudity, offended I say! I will say there wasn't enough female nudity, thou does protest!

I think the nudity is harmless, but the first sex scene with whatshername and Jason Momoa was bit off putting. It just make the scene more believable because I don't think she was enjoying it any more than I was.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X