Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting the first season for X-Mas to see what the big deal is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the first season for X-Mas to see what the big deal is....

Been hearing about this show for a while but I have yet to watch it. What exactly is so good about it?

Hope I enjoy it.
    sigpic

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Been hearing about this show for a while but I have yet to watch it. What exactly is so good about it?

Hope I enjoy it.
    The short answer? They found a way to make a series about zombies interesting. The show is focused a lot on the characters and their developments rather than just them running and shooting zombies for an entire episode. Make of that what you will, but it is definitely worth the watch.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      The short answer? They found a way to make a series about zombies interesting. The show is focused a lot on the characters and their developments rather than just them running and shooting zombies for an entire episode. Make of that what you will, but it is definitely worth the watch.
      Ah, well that's good.

Was the pilot episode a two-hour broadcast?
      sigpic

Comment

Hope I enjoy it.
        If you like well written drama, character driven, gore and action/shoot-them-up type of storylines, then you should check it out.

Comment

You won't regret.
          sigpic
          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Was the pilot episode a two-hour broadcast?
            I think it came out to an hour and a half or so.

Anyway, terrific series. I think the explanation of the original comic given by Kirkman, its author, is a great way of summing up what the series is all about: when the zombie movie ends and the survivors are still alive in a world populated by the living dead--what happens then?

That's what The Walking Dead is all about. People surviving, dealing with the world they live in, dealing with each other, trying to determine their own future in a world gone mad, and the on-going struggle for survival.

If by the end of the first season you find yourself not enjoying it...well, that'd be a shame, but you can easily stop there. The first season encapsulates everything the show is about, and if it doesn't grab you by then it never will. Plus you only wasted 6 episodes worth of time anyway.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This is hands down my favorite show on TV right now. And that is saying a lot for me.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                This is hands down my favorite show on TV right now. And that is saying a lot for me.
                Id say not my favourite show, but its ranking very highly in my list.

Comment

Its ok...When you get to season 2, stick it out. Trust me.
                  sigpic
                  Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Lol I will.
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol I will.
                      I really think that you will be pleasantly surprised with this show. It is way deeper than one might think.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I really think that you will be pleasantly surprised with this show. It is way deeper than one might think.
                        True.
                        sigpic

Comment

I have just finished the first season, and wow.... its slowly becoming my favorite show, might even replace chuck as my favorite show when chuck ends

Ive gotta say i was pleasantly suprised by this show
                          Last edited by mr_kennedy; 17 December 2011, 12:11 AM.
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                            I have just finished the first season, and wow.... its slowly becoming my favorite show, might even replace chuck as my favorite show when chuck ends

Ive gotta say i was pleasantly suprised by this show
                            Glad to hear that you enjoyed Season 1. Just wait for Season 2. Even better IMO.

As for being pleasantly surprised, I have heard that from quite a few people. This show definitely far exceeds expectations for a show based on zombies.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Okay...So the other night when I was done with watching Haven, I decided to watch 1 episode of this show before bed. Well, I enjoyed it, so I watched another, and another...Finally, at 4:40 AM, I finished the show and had to go to bed.

Hooked.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X