PDA

View Full Version : Getting the first season for X-Mas to see what the big deal is....

Gen. Chris
November 28th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Been hearing about this show for a while but I have yet to watch it. What exactly is so good about it?

Hope I enjoy it.

magictrick
November 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Been hearing about this show for a while but I have yet to watch it. What exactly is so good about it?

Hope I enjoy it.

The short answer? They found a way to make a series about zombies interesting. The show is focused a lot on the characters and their developments rather than just them running and shooting zombies for an entire episode. Make of that what you will, but it is definitely worth the watch.

Gen. Chris
November 28th, 2011, 11:19 AM
The short answer? They found a way to make a series about zombies interesting. The show is focused a lot on the characters and their developments rather than just them running and shooting zombies for an entire episode. Make of that what you will, but it is definitely worth the watch.

Ah, well that's good.

Was the pilot episode a two-hour broadcast?

lookupwardsnshare
November 28th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Hope I enjoy it.

If you like well written drama, character driven, gore and action/shoot-them-up type of storylines, then you should check it out.

Steelbox
November 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM
You won't regret.

DigiFluid
November 30th, 2011, 01:31 PM
Was the pilot episode a two-hour broadcast?
I think it came out to an hour and a half or so.

Anyway, terrific series. I think the explanation of the original comic given by Kirkman, its author, is a great way of summing up what the series is all about: when the zombie movie ends and the survivors are still alive in a world populated by the living dead--what happens then?

That's what The Walking Dead is all about. People surviving, dealing with the world they live in, dealing with each other, trying to determine their own future in a world gone mad, and the on-going struggle for survival.

If by the end of the first season you find yourself not enjoying it...well, that'd be a shame, but you can easily stop there. The first season encapsulates everything the show is about, and if it doesn't grab you by then it never will. Plus you only wasted 6 episodes worth of time anyway.

the fifth man
November 30th, 2011, 11:34 PM
This is hands down my favorite show on TV right now. And that is saying a lot for me.

Teddybrown
December 3rd, 2011, 06:42 AM
This is hands down my favorite show on TV right now. And that is saying a lot for me.

Id say not my favourite show, but its ranking very highly in my list.

Phinguyver
December 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Its ok...When you get to season 2, stick it out. Trust me.

Gen. Chris
December 8th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Lol I will.

the fifth man
December 10th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Lol I will.

I really think that you will be pleasantly surprised with this show. It is way deeper than one might think.

Sp!der
December 12th, 2011, 06:24 AM
I really think that you will be pleasantly surprised with this show. It is way deeper than one might think.
True.

mr_kennedy
December 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
I have just finished the first season, and wow.... its slowly becoming my favorite show, might even replace chuck as my favorite show when chuck ends

Ive gotta say i was pleasantly suprised by this show :D

the fifth man
December 17th, 2011, 07:51 PM
I have just finished the first season, and wow.... its slowly becoming my favorite show, might even replace chuck as my favorite show when chuck ends

Ive gotta say i was pleasantly suprised by this show :D

Glad to hear that you enjoyed Season 1. Just wait for Season 2. Even better IMO.

As for being pleasantly surprised, I have heard that from quite a few people. This show definitely far exceeds expectations for a show based on zombies.

Gen. Chris
December 30th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Okay...So the other night when I was done with watching Haven, I decided to watch 1 episode of this show before bed. Well, I enjoyed it, so I watched another, and another...Finally, at 4:40 AM, I finished the show and had to go to bed.

Hooked.

DigiFluid
December 30th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Excellent :D

Sp!der
January 1st, 2012, 08:40 AM
Okay...So the other night when I was done with watching Haven, I decided to watch 1 episode of this show before bed. Well, I enjoyed it, so I watched another, and another...Finally, at 4:40 AM, I finished the show and had to go to bed.

Hooked.

Great! :)

Gen. Chris
January 1st, 2012, 10:33 PM
Yeah...I'm gonna watch the second season when I get the chance and catch up to where it has left off.

Gen. Chris
January 2nd, 2012, 11:48 PM
Watching the first episode of season 2 now :)

Gen. Chris
January 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well that was a depressing but well executed mid-season finale

the fifth man
January 4th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Well that was a depressing but well executed mid-season finale

Very well executed IMO. I can't wait for this show to come back.

Gen. Chris
January 4th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Very well executed IMO. I can't wait for this show to come back.

Only thing that sucks is that it was sort of predictable...They showed her name in the "also starring" at the first part and since I hadn't seen the name for a while, or at all before (probably didn't notice it), I knew it had to be her or someone new. Luckily I had forgotten about it before the end. But that, along with other times shows do something similar, can be a plot spoiler for returning characters.

DigiFluid
January 6th, 2012, 07:37 AM
:indeed:

Really fantastic way to end the first half of the season. I can't wait for it to start up again.

the fifth man
January 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
:indeed:

Really fantastic way to end the first half of the season. I can't wait for it to start up again.

I definitely second that.

Gen. Chris
January 7th, 2012, 08:49 PM
It seems so far away...Lol

Gen. Chris
January 8th, 2012, 02:28 PM
My dad watched the first episode and liked it...I think I created a new fan :P

Gen. Chris
January 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Well my dad just caught up to where it has left off. He loves it.

The show comes back on his birthday :P