PDA

View Full Version : What fate, Fringe? Season 5 renewal ''Still too early to tell''

Homer 120
November 28th, 2011, 04:17 AM
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/fringe-season-5-renewal-still-too-early.html

Interesting, this really does make it sound like FOX do have a lot of faith in the show and that it still has a shot at getting that 5th season which would take it up to the 100th episode mark.

TheRandomOne
November 28th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I say give it one more season & end it next season. That fall finale was ****ing horrible

CMWriter
November 28th, 2011, 08:48 AM
I'm just hoping we make it back to the original timeline - this one's just kind of strange. It's an interesting turn in the plot but I just can't see where they're going with it. Not that I'm complaining; I still consider Fringe the best sci-fi running on broadcast right now.
In any case I don't want to see it get canceled. God forbid we get another reality/competition show in its place.

Besides, it's so fun to see John Noble and Anna Torv playing so many different versions of the same character. :D

Homer 120
November 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
I say give it one more season & end it next season. That fall finale was ****ing horrible

the fall finale was originally ment to be ''Back to Where You've Never Been'' and not ''Wallflower''

lookupwardsnshare
November 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM
I'm just hoping we make it back to the original timeline - this one's just kind of strange. It's an interesting turn in the plot but I just can't see where they're going with it. Not that I'm complaining; I still consider Fringe the best sci-fi running on broadcast right now.
In any case I don't want to see it get canceled. God forbid we get another reality/competition show in its place.

Besides, it's so fun to see John Noble and Anna Torv playing so many different versions of the same character. :D

I totally agree with you! If and when they decide to end the show I hope they do it the right way and give us a proper send off!

offworlder716
November 29th, 2011, 03:20 AM
From what I read, they wrote out the ending even before writing the pilot. Apparently they have enough material for 6 - 8 seasons, but can end it at any time without any trouble (more seasons just mean more chapters, but aren't necessary).

I heard this was done because of problems J.J. had during the course of both Alias and Lost.

DigiFluid
November 29th, 2011, 07:45 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed Wallflower.

That said, a 2 month break right after the show was bumped two weeks by f-ing baseball is total horses--t. 'FOX has faith in Fringe' my behind--they appear to be doing everything in their power to kill its ratings.

SaberBlade
November 29th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Wallflower.

That said, a 2 month break right after the show was bumped two weeks by f-ing baseball is total horses--t. 'FOX has faith in Fringe' my behind--they appear to be doing everything in their power to kill its ratings.

I thought these two months breaks were normal for US this time of year, because clearly no one in America watches television around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

DigiFluid
November 30th, 2011, 08:43 AM
A few weeks sure. Maybe a month.

Not two.

the fifth man
November 30th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I really do hope we get a Season 5. I want the writers to have ample time to wrap as much up as possible. That being said, if they do, they probably should plan on the Season 5 finale being the series finale. I honestly don't see them getting a Season 6.

Sp!der
December 2nd, 2011, 09:12 AM
I really do hope we get a Season 5. I want the writers to have ample time to wrap as much up as possible. That being said, if they do, they probably should plan on the Season 5 finale being the series finale. I honestly don't see them getting a Season 6.

Yeah, I think we can call ourselfs lucky, if we can get at least a fifth season... seven seasons would be so great, but I dont think we will be able to achieve that... :(

the fifth man
December 3rd, 2011, 05:39 PM
FOX has been kind to this show. All we need is for them to be nice one more time.

ZRFTS
January 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I love this show and Fox has been generous when it comes to giving it renewals; however, if it is proving too expensive to produce then that may be a problem. We either need to get more people watching or hope Fox finds a way to cut the production cots on the thing.

I really want to see what they have after Season 4, Peter getting back to his original universe is cool, the whole war with the shapeshifters that aren't from other side is engaging and the Observer's message to Olivia. This show needs a Season 5!

TheRandomOne
January 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
Just give it a final 13 episode season like Chuck got & be done with it. At least that way FOX will not get that much hate if the writers can at least end it properly

the fifth man
January 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just give it a final 13 episode season like Chuck got & be done with it. At least that way FOX will not get that much hate if the writers can at least end it properly

Yeah, I could live with a 13 episode final season.

ZRFTS
January 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I could live with a 13 episode final season.

So would I; but only if they had a clear idea for the 5th season after the current one ends.

the fifth man
January 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
If they knew the show was coming to an end, I don't think that would be a problem. They would have time to write the ending they want to tell.

magictrick
January 24th, 2012, 07:00 AM
The producers have said that if the show doesn't get renewed for a 5th season, the season finale they have planned for season 4 has been written to work as a series finale too.

the fifth man
January 25th, 2012, 06:58 PM
The producers have said that if the show doesn't get renewed for a 5th season, the season finale they have planned for season 4 has been written to work as a series finale too.

I sure hope that is the case.

DigiFluid
January 26th, 2012, 06:54 AM
I remember them saying a while back that they have a plan to write a series finale if they don't get renewed, but I haven't seen anything about them saying the Season 4 finale in particular was written as such.

Link? Pretty please? :)

LtColCarter
January 26th, 2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/11/fringe-season-5-renewal-still-too-early.html

Interesting, this really does make it sound like FOX does have a lot of faith in the show and that it still has a shot at getting that 5th season which would take it up to the 100th episode mark.

I hope it does get a 5th season! :D

magictrick
January 26th, 2012, 09:42 AM
I remember them saying a while back that they have a plan to write a series finale if they don't get renewed, but I haven't seen anything about them saying the Season 4 finale in particular was written as such.

Link? Pretty please? :)

Here ya go

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/fringe-season-finale-series-finale-wyman-pinkner/

There's also talk of it airing on another network if Fox doesn't renew. But of course, everything is all rumors at this point. We will have to wait and see what Fox does.

DigiFluid
January 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Thankee :)

TheRandomOne
January 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
In this interview

http://collider.com/j-j-abrams-alcatraz-fringe-season-five-interview/139800/

J.J. says he hopes Fringe gets one more final fifth season

DigiFluid
January 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Well, er....duh :p

Homer 120
January 28th, 2012, 02:41 AM
'East and Central time zoners Thanx for watching #FRINGE tonight. Will have the numbers 11AM East coast.'

frome @maskedscheduler's twitter eight hours ago, must mean something good happened :D

the fifth man
January 28th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Good news would be nice.

LtColCarter
January 30th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Good news would be nice.

:indeed:

12OzMouse
February 10th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Yesterday there was a very spoilery article at Give Me My Remote. It's definitely worth a read but for more than just the spoilers.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/02/09/fringe-jeff-pinkner-and-j-h-wyman-tease-the-mind-bending-welcome-to-westfield-olivias-fate-the-lincoln-olivia-peter-triangle-their-fans-and-more/

JH Wyman made an interesting comment at the end of the article about the best way viewers can watch in order to support the show. Basically they say watch live, but if you don't have a Nielson Box also make sure you DVR the show. Because if you watch live and don't DVR it, then you take away from a number that you can affect and that's the DVR numbers.

Hope that's not too confusing! On this forum it seems like we are constantly talking about ratings and how useless it is to watch a show live if were not a lucky box Nielson Box holder. Well, finally we have a show-runner come out and tell it like it is. I for one was happy to affirm my thought that by DVR'ing a show you at least are being counted in some number that the network looks at. Apparently DVR'ing and buying the episode through iTunes!

Thought you all might be interested in reading that....

the fifth man
February 11th, 2012, 06:34 PM
I always DVR Fringe. That and every other show I really enjoy.

LtColCarter
February 13th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I always DVR Fringe. That and every other show I really enjoy.

As do I. :D *starting to think the fifth man is my long lost twin*

the fifth man
February 13th, 2012, 06:08 PM
As do I. :D *starting to think the fifth man is my long lost twin*

We do seem to have a lot of the same likes and dislikes.:)

LtColCarter
February 13th, 2012, 06:44 PM
We do seem to have a lot of the same likes and dislikes.:)

:indeed:

Homer 120
February 22nd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Yesterday there was a very spoilery article at Give Me My Remote. It's definitely worth a read but for more than just the spoilers.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/2012/02/09/fringe-jeff-pinkner-and-j-h-wyman-tease-the-mind-bending-welcome-to-westfield-olivias-fate-the-lincoln-olivia-peter-triangle-their-fans-and-more/

JH Wyman made an interesting comment at the end of the article about the best way viewers can watch in order to support the show. Basically they say watch live, but if you don't have a Nielson Box also make sure you DVR the show. Because if you watch live and don't DVR it, then you take away from a number that you can affect and that's the DVR numbers.

Hope that's not too confusing! On this forum it seems like we are constantly talking about ratings and how useless it is to watch a show live if were not a lucky box Nielson Box holder. Well, finally we have a show-runner come out and tell it like it is. I for one was happy to affirm my thought that by DVR'ing a show you at least are being counted in some number that the network looks at. Apparently DVR'ing and buying the episode through iTunes!

Thought you all might be interested in reading that....

Isn't that what supposedly factored into the renewal for Season 4? A combination of both LIVE+SD numbers and DVR numbers? Fringe does very well in DVR, a few weeks ago it shot up 81% vs the LIVE+SD ratings.

DigiFluid
February 22nd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Typically, DVR numbers mean next to nothing. The only thing that the networks and advertisers are interested in is the number of live viewers, because those people can't fast-forward through commercials.

magictrick
February 22nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Typically, DVR numbers mean next to nothing. The only thing that the networks and advertisers are interested in is the number of live viewers, because those people can't fast-forward through commercials.

They can change the channel though ;)

I wonder if online viewing should get factored in. I watch it online after the network has put it up on their website. There are still commercials in the online version too which you can't fast forward past.

DigiFluid
February 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM
They can change the channel though ;)
Oh of course. Or go take a leak, or make a sandwich, or whatever else. But this is the tacit understanding of bs upon which all television advertising is built.

Tanith0709
March 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
With Terra Nova now gone, do you think that it increases Fringes chances of renewal a little bit?

the fifth man
March 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
With Terra Nova now gone, do you think that it increases Fringes chances of renewal a little bit?

I sure hope so. Sucks about Terra Nova though.

ZRFTS
March 7th, 2012, 12:27 AM

Maybe; the same could of been said for that show itself when House ended but it got canceled nonetheless.

Hoping it doesn't get canceled though.

the fifth man
March 7th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Come on, FOX. You have done enough axe swinging.

LtColCarter
March 8th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Come on, FOX. You have done enough axe swinging.

We need to send the Fox execs to a parallel universe so we can take over their network! ;)

the fifth man
March 8th, 2012, 05:53 PM
We need to send the Fox execs to a parallel universe so we can take over their network! ;)

I vote for sending them into a black hole.:D