Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Anakin Skywalker hadn't fallen in love with Padme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Anakin Skywalker hadn't fallen in love with Padme?

If Anakin Skywalker hadn't fallen in love with Padme, would he still have been swayed by Darth Sidieous? Would he have killed him when he and Mace Windu were fighting?

I think he would've because non of his emotions or his love for Padme would have gotten in his way and swayed him into Sidieous' temptations.

Ultimately it was his destiny to balance the force, which could only be done by wiping out the Jedi. So yeah, I think he still would have fallen, only the circumstances would have changed. It was his love for her that allowed him to be redeemed because he never truly fell.

sigpic

Comment

He would not of turned to the Dark Side if he hadn't fallen in love with Padme, because there was no need to, since he only turned on the Dark Side because he thought he would of saved her.
      On the other hand...
      No Luke and Leia, no original trilogy
      It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
      -Dexter-

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Ultimately it was his destiny to balance the force, which could only be done by wiping out the Jedi. So yeah, I think he still would have fallen, only the circumstances would have changed. It was his love for her that allowed him to be redeemed because he never truly fell.
        According to George Lucas "balancing" the force simply means destroying the Sith, there's no need for the Jedi to die also.

Anakin probably wouldn't have turned to the dark side, given that we're lead to believe his main motivation was saving Padmé. He might have just killed Sidious in the Windu fight and then balance would be restored balance to the force. But then none of the OT would have happened.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Theoretically, balancing the force could have meant killing off the Jedi, because at the time of the New Trilogy there were only two Sith and hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Jedi. Does that sound balanced?

Of course, that's just my opinion...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
            According to George Lucas "balancing" the force simply means destroying the Sith, there's no need for the Jedi to die also.
            Well that seems like a crap way of balancing the Force. I always thought of the Force has being like scales. As the Jedi grew in numbers and the Sith dropped in theirs it would tip the scales in one direction. It wasn't until Order 66 and the Jedi were wiped out that balance was restored and the scales reset by having two Sith (Vader and Palpatine) and two Jedi (Yoda and Obi-Wan).

Ultimately this allowed a new type of balance to be created as it's my understanding that Luke's Jedi Order in the EU doesn't have the same stick up it's ass about personal relationships and other things the Jedi once frowned upon.

That was my opinion anyway, that for balance to be achieved everything had to be restored.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              Well that seems like a crap way of balancing the Force. I always thought of the Force has being like scales. As the Jedi grew in numbers and the Sith dropped in theirs it would tip the scales in one direction. It wasn't until Order 66 and the Jedi were wiped out that balance was restored and the scales reset by having two Sith (Vader and Palpatine) and two Jedi (Yoda and Obi-Wan).

Ultimately this allowed a new type of balance to be created as it's my understanding that Luke's Jedi Order in the EU doesn't have the same stick up it's ass about personal relationships and other things the Jedi once frowned upon.

That was my opinion anyway, that for balance to be achieved everything had to be restored.
              I agree with you SaberBlade it makes sense that way the force is brought back into balance by a Sith master and his Aprentace and a Jedi Master and Aprentace.

If Anikin hadnt of fallen in love with Padme then there would never of been prophacey of the chosen one bringing balace to the force becase Anikin would have gone to the darkside but he would like many other Sith he would have been training a apprentace so he could become Master and gain more power like all Sith crave , there wouldnt be anyone to make him stop and think about his actions make him question the darkside.

Padme's love saved Anikin in the end becase there children Luke and Liea were there as a reminder of his love for Padme and they were his light brought him out of the dark.

Just my thoughts.
              sigpic
              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Working...
              X