• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary For None (Part 1) (412)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    SANCTUARY FOR NONE (PART 1)
    EPISODE NUMBER - 412

Will encounters a new ally in Caleb, leader of Hollow Earth's insurgency, who hopes to create a new homeland on the surface. But he isn't prepared for the consequences of Helen's long-game plan.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 March 2021, 09:37 PM.

Sanctuary for None...they're all rounded up, and after the attack that I think addison just ordered on the 5th ward, the survivors will willingly flee to hollow earth, leaving few if any on the surface to need sanctuary.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think all that needs to be said for now is...

BLOODY HELL!!
      sigpic

Comment

Okay.... I just watched it. I think I'm ready to give a review.

A few things I need to get off my chest before we get started:

-YESSSS!!! Magnus slugged Will!! *happydance* Granted, it's a few episode too late, but still. Naughty little boys always get their comeuppance... Always. (green to whomever spots the movie reference!)

-Not to start the Will bashing again, but seriously, the very first scene of him ended up with him getting jumped by one guy with a crow bar. He had a plasma gun. Imagine my surprise. Not.

-Abby was fantastic. I really really REALLY liked her this episode. She was down to earth, yet amiable, but without the giggly cuteness that turns my stomach. And to think that she was the voice of reason who was seemingly more loyal to the Sanctuary than Will was. Outwardly at least. *SHE* was the one going "you're not really going to arrest Magnus are you?" I'd like to see some more of this Abby please!

-YAY KATE! I got my wish of seeing her share a scene with Biggie. I loved the maid of honor bit. I laughed my butt off, because it was so totally *them*... right up until the scene slammed on the brakes with Biggie going all Crixorum-brained on her. *sigh*

Okay! And now for the actual review:

I liked the episode. It was pretty tame as far as twists go, but the undercurrent of tension was constant, and definitely has me expecting some big juju to come down next week. And the fact I still haven't figured out what the big master plan is yet has me thrilled. I don't like easy plots.

What I do like is the new police captain we met. She's snarky. And she's got spunk. I think she and Magnus could play along well if it weren't for Will being a slimeball-- and that's a term I use with the utmost objectivity. You know that he knows he was a slimeball for strong-arming her into setting up the meet with Magnus.

I totally saw the Caleb twist coming. Like Magnus would jump into an endeavor like that without anticipating that the guy has an ulterior motive? Puh-leeze. I didn't trust him for a second. But Will was right-- he was totally charismatic. I actually liked him. The overall character was appealing: idealistic, down-to-earth, a little bit rugged with a nice voice. Dangerous combo. I kind of wish he was on the level. I hate having the cool guys turn into the bad guys.

Which leads me into the actual performances. Obviously, the Caleb guy was good. And as always, AT was phenomenally expressive.

The scene where Henry is trying to explain that Will's codes were retired, she didn't say a word, and yet we were able to see her understanding how it was hard for Henry to do what he did, that she knew she was essentially destroying whatever relationship still remained between her and Will, and that there was no going back. The ball is rolling on her master plan, and she couldn't turn back, despite seeing the pain it caused for her and her people.

Addison's a good bad guy. I mean, I totally thought his "11th hour" plan was to nuke the site from orbit. And I would have totally believed that a) he would do it, and b) he had the authority to make it happen. It was frightening to think that he, this horrid little man, only had to pick up the phone and deliver a few short words, and then BAM-- drop a daisy cutter on the Homeland site.

Now, I'm not going to speculate on what might happen next episode. I'm loving the fact that I'm relatively unspoilered at this point, and I plan to keep it that way. But let's just say that Tesla didn't really have much of a purpose this episode-- except to establish the fact that he was in the area and Magnus was entertained by his grandiose sulking. Bad combo for a Sanctuary character.

All I can say is... Next week can't come soon enough!

Comment

Totally loved this episode!!

I don't know what's going on but I can't wait to find out next week
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

I wish they could have brought Kavan Smith back for the Captain. Would have been a nice bit of continuity, showing a former detective now ranked at captain.

I still have this sense that Helen is playing chess with these people, and she's going to win.

I loved the episode, I thought built the suspension nicely, and I hope that we get a bombastic ending for the finale.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
            Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
            If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
            Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

So basically...

GOOD: episode was not a bottle episode.. rather it was directly related to the story
              BAD: not enough Tesla!!

Overall: 9/10
              Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
              - Doctor Who (series 7)
              - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
              - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
              - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
              - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

This episode ended too quickly! I can't wait until next week. I hope Magnus' move doesn't backfire and cause mass panic like revealing the Stargate program in The Road Not Taken (SG-1 Season 10).

Comment

Great first part, but now I wish I would have waited till next week to watch both Episodes at once.

What a surprise that Nikola did let that happen to him. Told you he was stupid to think he outsmarted the Goverment.

Besides that, this first part left many Questions open to me which I hope will be resolved in the Finale. For Example why did Biggie suddenly change back to Crixorum-brain? Even Magnus was surprised by the way he behaved. It was as if Kates Bracelet triggered something in him, buy why?

I am so happy that Magnus gave Will a good punch in the face. He deserved it by now.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    Great first part, but now I wish I would have waited till next week to watch both Episodes at once.
                    That's what I'm going to do
                    sigpic

Comment

I adored the flirty Magnus and The Banker (teehee) scene in the beginning! And the Hannibal reference!

Will's lack of integrity is nothing new, I wonder why it keeps disappointing me.

I love Tesla, but not the self-pitying kind. Looking forward for him to be back to business (and his snarky self) in the season finale.

And I do really hope that Helen knows what she's doing. I mean, it does look like a lot of variables to handle, but she had 113 years to think everything thru, right?

Oh, and last but not least, I enjoyed the little pursuit sequence Something relatively new to Sanctuary
                      "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                      "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

I'm not sure even where to start on this one.

Loved the return of Feliz, and his flirting with Helen was cute. Not as cute as Helen & Nikola, but... that's a whole other level since they've got a century's worth of practice.

Whiny Tesla is far superior to whiny Will. With Tesla, it's so cute. With Will, it's annoying. Tesla lamenting over his "unhiring" was priceless! I really hope Magnus has ownership of a winery somewhere, because having Nikola around - especially when he's depressed & sulking - takes a toll on her wine cellar.

Is anyone else suspecting that Tesla's Intergalatic Death Ray weapon that was confiscated by SCIU going to go up against Henry's shield vest in next week's finale?

Abby - I actually really liked her in this one. Yes, I'll say it again. I LIKED Abby in this episode.

And how great was it to have Dr Michaels...er, I mean Venus Terzo, on the show as Captain Franklin? Another Stargate alum comes to play with Amanda & Co.

Biggie/Magnus - they ALMOST made me cry, but I kept telling myself that it was all an act because they were standing (conveniently) in front of Caleb. We heard Biggie warn Kate to get out of Homeland earlier. We know he has to be part of Magnus' plan - as is Will.

The Will/Magnus fight - oh come on. We knew Magnus was going to win. Will fights "like a girl". Magnus doesn't. And don't try to tell me it's just because he didn't want to hit a woman. Helen's no ordinary woman. Was he really trying to let her escape? I'm guessing so.

Magnus on the bike, as well as speeding the car through the streets... priceless!

So much more to talk about, but can't think of it at the moment since it just took 5 1/2 hours to finish the full review. Yikes! Full review can be found here
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd like to know what Helen did for 12 minutes with Wall St down. Was it just to make her funds safe?

Comment

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                            I'd like to know what Helen did for 12 minutes with Wall St down. Was it just to make her funds safe?
                            Apparently she did nothing because she went to have a drink with Feliz.
                            I assume that mysterious "maneauver" Feliz had somebody to perform included way more than "only" bringing the Wall St down.
                            "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                            "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Aww man. I so hate cliff hangers and the like.
                              Addison is a weasel...hate this character a lot.
                              Will is still driving me batty. I don't like the direction his character has been taken.
                              Helen kinda has me miffed. She's taking risks left right & center and is behaving way out of the ordinary even for Helen Magnus' thinking.
                              To be honest this episode left me feeling rather ordinary. I hope the last episode makes up for it.
                              Fave moment was when Helen punched Will...of course least fave moment was when Will punched Helen...and Biggie going all cuckoo again.
                              Loved seeing Tesla & Kate...I adore these two. Made watching the show more enjoyable.
                              Biggest turn off is Addison...every epsiode he's in makes me want to run.
                              Biggest turn on is...well normally I would say Helen but this week was Tesla & Kate.
                              Maybe it's exhaustion but I can't really say much about this ep. I just would like to see things go right for ther Sacntuary for once.
                              Oh and I loved seeing Richard Feliz back but am so mad at him for tucking tail & running...such a shame he's a chicken sh1t. Of course, Carlo Rota is delicious.
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                              X