• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acolyte (410)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON FOUR
    ACOLYTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 410

Kate Freelander resurfaces to warn the Sanctuary team about an imminent terrorist attack on the surface world, emanating from Hollow Earth.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 March 2021, 08:51 PM.

Quite the cliffie and quite the emotional episode.

Will was good, nice to see Kate and some lovely depth to biggie.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes this was a good eppy, all the characters were used well and we got to see some growth with Biggie. Not to mention seeing kick-ass Helen
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

It was so great to have Kate back. I hadn't realized how much I missed her until she appeared on screen. Then I realized I had missed her even more when she & Magnus teamed up as BAMF's and knocked those guys around.

Magnus & Biggie - OMG they made me cry! The scene in Helen's office where she asks him about his comments and if he wanted to leave.

They're not going to convince me that Helen Magnus is stupid. She sent Biggie at the end, I have no doubt about it. Even if she didn't send him, she's definitely watching/tracking him.

It was also great to have Declan on again - even if he was working with Will.

Oh, and Magnus asking for help after getting blown over in the van kind of choked me up.
        sigpic

Comment

This had interesting feel to it, not like your typical Sanctuary ep. I like it. I ain't sure I understand completely what was going on the whole time because it was loud in my house though.

Random comments:

Biggie a Shol'va?? Say it ain't so!

It was great to see Kate again! Seems she's matured a little.

I dunno why, but Will's "He looks dead." line was funny to me, and it was kinda rude...

Interesting way to bring the Crixorum (sp) back into play. I should've saw that coming.

Loved the scene between Helen and Biggie in her office. Amanda Tapping played that remarkably well.

I. Love. Helen's. Outfit. The one she was wearing at the hotel, anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I like Declan, but I can't understand half what he says cause his accent is so dang strong.

Yeah, that's all I got for now... I need to rewatch this when it's quieter here.

Comment

I too feel that biggie's 'return' is his way to atone for his betrayal. I loved the scene between him and magnus, but also hers with Addison. I'm sensing some grudging acceptance from him. Not total, but perhaps a bit of questioning.

I think my biggest nit was Kate in the end. Had she really been out for five days and operated on twice how come she wasn't in sickbay? The girl needed to be monitored and on iv antibiotics and nutrition and hydration support, not tucked in her old bed.

But on the up side for her, engaged huh? Go Kate go.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was like...2 surgeries and she is in her own bed & not even monitored?

I'm thinking even if Helen didn't send him back, he felt badly enough to do it on his own. I can't believe Sally would have been fooled.

I hope Helen did the surgery on that mind control guy anyway. He needs to not be able to do that again. Barbaric? Perhaps. But he *chose* to be barbaric.
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.
              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

This episode was both chilling and suspenseful.

It wasn't my all-time fave, but it was quite good, and I think that the show is going down a road it's never gone before. I loved seeing Kate again, and it's always a delight to see her and Magnus work together. Man... that scene with Magnus in the office, and how she owned those guys... yeah.

Comment

I've just watched it...wow!! I'm totally gobsmacked! Sadly I saw the end coming...but wow! Poor Magnus got whumped but she recovers so fast...& Kate...oh how I love Kate! So awesome to see her back. I'm bummed about the promise band with Garis...I would have much preferred Kate with Will or Declan.
                  I still have a strong dislike for Addison...guess that's the whole piont though.
                  I'm almost too scared to look forward to the rest of the season.
                  Top notch episode.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

This episode was full of suspense and suprised. At times I was confused
                    Spoiler:
                    like the randomness of the guy in the coma showing up...

But nonetheless.. it was an interesting episode!
                    Sherlock; the only one in the world + The Doctor; the last of his kind = THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME

~~~

WATCHING:
                    - Doctor Who (series 7)
                    - Arrested Development (season 3)

WAITING:
                    - Sanctuary (season 5)... but wont get.. RIP Sanctuary, thanks for the memories!
                    - Sherlock (season 3).....MOFFAT!
                    - Arrested Development (season 4 and the movie)... can't wait!

I AM WHOLOCKED.

Comment

Okay well, I was half asleep when I watched the episode-- not through the fault of the show, no worries. I was just exhausted after a super long work week. So I will have to watch again, me thinks, but here's my initial observations:

-YAY KATE!!! I've missed her, I'll admit. And I also have to admit that I'm worried we may be going down an irreversible path with her, what with the whole Garris promise band thing. I keep hoping she'll be back to a regular next season, but if she's promised or whatever to Garris, I can't imagine she'll be happy on the surface without him. And at the same time, I wouldn't want to cheapen her character by doing some convenient break up. But that's just me. And I'm still working through that, so I'll keep pondering... And I do love Declan so...

-YAY DECLAN! I'm so happy he's been making more appearances this season. He's delightful. But doesn't he have his own Sanctuary to worry about? Oh wait, he was at his own Sanctuary. Will and Kate went to London to deal with the crisis. Der. Nevermind. YAY Declan!

-Magnus was fantastic. The whole scene with her beating up Addison's guys (the first time, that is) off screen and then the camera showing her still perfectly pressed and tidy was kitzchy, but funny. I liked it.

-Poor Biggie. I have to say, I didn't expect his brainwashing issue to be so permanent. I expected maybe him going off the handle because of some outside force yes, or some shape shifter mimicking his form and going about the terrorist plot that way, but I didn't expect the Crixorum guy to have PERMANENTLY messed with his head. That's rough. And it gets me right *here*. I love Biggie, and it tore me up how Magnus said he was prone to trust. Because it's true.

- And to be honest, when Biggie was with Magnus in the garage, and she was trying to get through to him, I'm surprised she didn't bring up Father Jenson. I mean, I think we all remember how upset he was over killing Major Marks-- oh, I mean Father Clark-- because Father Jenson was such a pacifist, and Biggie cared so much about Jenson himself... I think it would've shaken him a bit to mention Jenson, since it seems unlikely the Crixorum would have targeted that part of Biggie's memory as well. Magnus and the Sanctuary were obviously corrupted data so to speak, but Jenson? It makes me wonder....

-And I just *knew* that the Crixorum was gonna come back to bite her in the butt. I knew it I knew it I knew it. Dang! She should have known better. And just wait. I'm sure Will gave her an off-screen talking-to about how she should have seen it coming. Obviously, it was wrong to keep the Crixorum comatose like that. It's all MAgnus' fault-- oh wait. Wrong episode. Sorry. And enough Will bashing...

-I actually liked Will in this. He was good. I have no complaints about him, really, despite my joshing. And the way he took out that bomber was awesome. It would have been cooler if Kate had taken the shot () but still... It was pretty awesome.

-WHUMP!! All right, so it was brief, and not really as explicatory as I would have liked, but I think more of that may be next episode (heheheheheh....). But I do think that this was the first time that Magnus has EVER admitted that she needs help. Like that. You know? Got me right *here*. And so what if I was overly emotional due to emotion? It was a good character moment, dammit!

-And I do NOT think that Magnus is unaware of Biggie's dealings at the end of the episode. She's not stupid, and I don't think she's ever going to be so blindly trusting like that again. This whole episode kind of tainted that I think. It showed her that even her closest friends could become enemies in the blink of an eye, and that she was to be extra-careful as to how much she trusts to whom. Which sucks, because Will's been acting mean lately, so it seriously cuts down on whom she can be "Helen" with, you know?

-I really hope that Biggie is deliberately acting like a terrorist to help spy on the rebels. I really hope he's better and trying to make amends. I like him too much to have him turn evil like that for real. (Psst... Hey, PTB: If you want to see Chris Heyerdahl act evil, just bring back Druitt! *hint*cough*hint*)

-And at the same time, I like how the writer's aren't afraid to make that leap. Too often they really on miracle cures and last minute saves-- and this "they" is ALL tv writers these days, not just Sanctuary's. One thing that pulled me into this show was their fearlessness, and this little plot twist was fearless. I like it, in a totally dreading-it-but-can't-stop-watching sort of way.

That said, all in all, this episode wasn't particularly mind-blowing. It was clearly a lead into later episodes, and a little tiny part of me resents them for that, because now I have to wait for my resolution. Which I don't like. But will suffer anyway if the show is good enough. Which is what Sanctuary is. Good enough, that is.

And some of the welcome-back-Kate interaction felt a little weird. Incredibly realistic, I guess, since it often is awkward to say hello after living underground for so long. (Cuz, like I totally know what it's like, living underground with Abnormals-- NOT ). But you know what I mean. Some of the jokes and forced laughter was just like "REALLY? You couldn't write anything better for them? Where's the Kate snark, where's the ribbing and pointed jokes?"

And this might sound incredibly backwards in this day and age, but I got and odd sense of satisfaction watching all these guys being so desperately concerned about the ladies trapped in the combat zone. They were all watching from afar, while Magnus and Kate did the heavy lifting, and were so deliciously worried that I melted a bit. And when MAgnus admitted she needed help, well... I could only imagine what their reactions might have been. I think there's a fic in there some where-- Oh yes. There it is. Found it. CURSE YOU, EPISODE! I have no time to write for my current fic, let alone any new ones. *sigh*

The sign of a good episode: Getting a fic idea that's begging to be writ.

Even if it's not mind-blowing, like say... Tempus, I see any fic-able episode a good one.

How about all the rest of you guys? I'm off to read everyone else's comments now! Woohoo!

P.S. If Kate had really been comatose for a week, should wouldn't have been sleeping like that, in that awkward unsupported kind of position. Especially not in her own bed. She'd have been either flat on her back in the hospital ward of the Sanctuary, or she would have been lying against so many pillows to keep her off a potential broken-rib site or something. ::nods wisely:: Mhmm.
                      Last edited by selene0789; 10 December 2011, 04:11 AM. Reason: added stuff... duh

Comment

Originally posted by iJOKE View Post
                        This episode was full of suspense and suprised. At times I was confused
                        Spoiler:
                        like the randomness of the guy in the coma showing up...

But nonetheless.. it was an interesting episode!
                        This wasn't all that random. Did you watch "Untouchable"? He was introduced there. And I was waiting for that to come back and bite Magnus in the butt. I just *knew* it would backfire! I should add that to my review... ::scampers off::

Comment

I liked the ep but once again Human/Abnormal war. Its getting a bit repetitive. All the characters were great. Didnt mind Kate, wished she'd died thou. But...

Again she wakes up in her bed? Not even an IV?! WTF?! They dont even try.

Surprised when I heard Lisbon, that was cool. Impressive Magnus reach Lisboa just from the "sboa".

What does the suicide bomber screams? I can't understand him.

Good ep for Biggie. Magnus/Biggie moments were nice.

Love what Henry says about SIS, it really is a bad name.
                          The whole terrorist bit did bring up a few ETA memories

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                            P.S. If Kate had really been comatose for a week, should wouldn't have been sleeping like that, in that awkward unsupported kind of position. Especially not in her own bed. She'd have been either flat on her back in the hospital ward of the Sanctuary, or she would have been lying against so many pillows to keep her off a potential broken-rib site or something. ::nods wisely:: Mhmm.
                            I was thinking the same thing...Kate should have been in the infirmary not in her own bed if she had indeed sustained the injuries Will had described...I don't like how they brush over the whump so carelessly. Even Helen's injuries were bad enough.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
                              Love what Henry says about SIS, it really is a bad name.
                              But like Henry said - it's better than the "other" name he could have given it, since there was a "P", "I" and 2 "S"'s. I'd have loved to have heard him say the word to Magnus instead of just spelling it to her. It was cute how she got a bit uncomfortable when he mentioned it and told him to move on.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X