Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you "want" Atlantis to be? (post-finale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you "want" Atlantis to be? (post-finale)

We have a thread going about where Atlantis ended up after "Enemy at the Gate." Is it on Earth, and if so, where? Did it get relocated to the moon? Is it back in Pegasus? If so, why? The questions mount up with no answers. Unless you're reading the books, this is totally unresolved.

I ask you all... Where do you want Atlantis to ultimately end up? Forget about speculation, focus on imagination. For me... As I said in the other thread, I would want Atlantis to stay on Earth. Move it back to Antarctica and monitor passing satellites to insure none photograph the secret city. What about the Wraith? Build a Pegasus SGC with the assistance of the Daedalus and Apollo. The two ships could rotate so there's always a ship in Pegasus.

In my backyard. It will be a nice little tree house/fort.
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think it would fit unless your back yard is larger than Manhattan Island.

Comment

Fine, just the tower
        sigpic

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to just take up residence?

Comment

I suppose...But then it wouldn't be a fort...
            sigpic

Comment

I want it in Chesapeake Bay, Lake Michigan, or possibly even Hudson Bay or Lake Manitoba (is this lake deep enough?). These are far better tactical locations and cause less problems than SF bay.

Comment

Back in Pegasus to even out the odds with the Wraith - to give the Pegasus a chance to survive. Earthlings have a thing with committing genocide, lets try not to add Galaxide to that record.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Earth or certainly in our backyard.

Daedalus and Odyssey would rotate petrols with in Pegasus Galaxy. I would also build several SGC bases with in the Pegasus Galaxey, possible one able to repair the two vessels and repair and resupply the Travellers vessels.

Comment

Gosh, we're such an selfish globe... no wonder we have so many wars going...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Back to Pegasus where it belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        I want it in Chesapeake Bay, Lake Michigan, or possibly even Hudson Bay or Lake Manitoba (is this lake deep enough?). These are far better tactical locations and cause less problems than SF bay.
                        San Francisco Bay wasn't a problem, because the city wasn't in the bay. It was in the Pacific Ocean on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge facing San Francisco Bay. All they'd have to do is push the city out further into the ocean. Surely the city has some minor thrusters, engines, or something for oceanic positioning.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Back in Pegasus to even out the odds with the Wraith - to give the Pegasus a chance to survive. Earthlings have a thing with committing genocide, lets try not to add Galaxide to that record.
                        Let's say you represent the Atlantis Expedition. How would you argue and convince Earth that moving Atlantis back to the Pegasus Galaxy is in Earth's best interest? Yes, it would be immoral to leave the Wraith to their culling, but the politicians of Earth may simply not care. My argument would be that one Wraith hive made it to Earth, so it could happen again. The Wraith need to be crippled to insure the Wraith don't ever consider sending another hive Earth's way. That's if I wanted Atlantis back in Pegasus, but... what do you say when they simply suggest building a Pegasus SGC?

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                        Earth or certainly in our backyard.

Daedalus and Odyssey would rotate petrols with in Pegasus Galaxy. I would also build several SGC bases with in the Pegasus Galaxey, possible one able to repair the two vessels and repair and resupply the Travellers vessels.
                        Oh, I like this... an SGC and then a second facility where a Deadalus-class ship could land for repairs and maintenance without having to worry about limited life support. That's a good idea! As for the Odyssey, I thought the Apollo was Daedalus's relief ship?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Gosh, we're such an selfish globe... no wonder we have so many wars going...
                        There's more to war than being selfish.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Fair enough, but why?

Comment

Why? So it can be captured and give away earth to the wraith?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            Why? So it can be captured and give away earth to the wraith?
                            Under that logic, they should have moved Atlantis back to Earth the moment they had the ZPMs available.

Anyway, this subject has already been debated to death. So instead I'm going to give a John Sheppard quote:

"But it's the right thing to do. Why? Because it is."

Comment

Under that logic, they should have moved Atlantis back to Earth the moment they had the ZPMs available.
                              Actually, that raises an interesting point. Once the city had three ZPM's, why didn't the IOA immediately order Atlantis to be flown back to Earth?

Anyway, this subject has already been debated to death. So instead I'm going to give a John Sheppard quote:

"But it's the right thing to do. Why? Because it is."
                              The subject hasn't been debated to death, there's more to say. As for the Sheppard quote (what episode?), I doubt that would fly with politicians or even the military. Earth committing it's forces to protect the Pegasus galaxy from the Wraith is admirable, but the safety and security of Earth comes first.

Comment

Working...
                              X