Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Treaties between Earth and Other Planets?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Treaties between Earth and Other Planets?!

After watching One Hundred Days I realized that for all the times SG1 talks about treaties and sharing with other planets, how could this actually be implemented? If only the President and Joint Chiefs know about the Stargate, what and who would ever be involved in these supposed treaties, etc.? As it is, only a handful of people are involved with the space travel with SGC, so how could there be treaties, etc.?

Also, how is it considered technically possible for the stargate to operate while lying flat on the cavern floor undamaged?

Would assume that the treaties would be between Stargate Command and the alien worlds and that the president and joint chiefs would just need to approve them.

Again for the most part would assume that most treaties would be trade related. They could use the Stargate to make exchanges easily enough.

Comment

Well, it would appear that the handful of people on primitive Edora would have nothing to contribute, especially considering that they've been there for thousands of years and are still only a couple of villages. Most planets were the same.
      About the stargate, these types of episodes never explain their anomalies. In this case, how they were able to dial back, and what the others of SG1 did if they weren't gating for three months.

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
      Would assume that the treaties would be between Stargate Command and the alien worlds and that the president and joint chiefs would just need to approve them.

Again for the most part would assume that most treaties would be trade related. They could use the Stargate to make exchanges easily enough.

Comment

Edora could offer them naquadah, which can't be found on Earth. Other planets often trade naquadah, new medicine or trinium.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
          Also, how is it considered technically possible for the stargate to operate while lying flat on the cavern floor undamaged?
          The Stargate appears to work in any orientation, so long as there is nothing within the event horizon (anomaly: except living water, see 4.07 "Watergate") to block it (1.01 "Children of the Gods" et al). The cavern was formed whilst the gate was active, so there was nothing within the EH. What was the question again?

Comment

So what happened to the probe when it entered the cavern and disappeared. If it was entering horizontally it would have fallen over back into the blue stuff or blocked anyone else from moving into the cavern.

Originally posted by Quizziard View Post
            The Stargate appears to work in any orientation, so long as there is nothing within the event horizon (anomaly: except living water, see 4.07 "Watergate") to block it (1.01 "Children of the Gods" et al). The cavern was formed whilst the gate was active, so there was nothing within the EH. What was the question again?

Comment

The probe went through and fell back into the event horizon (thus was destroyed). That's what clued them in about the gate's position.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
              X