X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Girl

Anyone watching this?

I've been pleasantly surprised by it.

I haven't been a huge fan of Zooey Deschanel in anything else I've seen her in, but I'm finding her very likeable in this show.

sigpic
    http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
    http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

I watched the first episode and plan on continuing to watch more when I get the chance. There are too many shows on right now and the pilot didn't blow me away. But since Zooey is awesome I will definitely be watching at least a few more episodes.
    sigpic

Comment

Probably the best of the new comedies this year, tho havent really seen 2 broke girls or whitney but then again i dont really intend on seeing those anyway

this show is like if Friends and How I Met Your Mother had a lovechild
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I don't really know Zooey from anything else, but I watched the first four eps the other day when I was bored and it was funny. I also watch Bones and you could really tell that Zooey and Emily are related, their voices sound very similar (something I hadn't really noticed when Zooey had a guest role on Bones).

Don't know if I'll continue watching since I'm not really into comedies, but it's something to keep in mind when there aren't many shows on.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i don't like her character at all

look at me im quirky and sing and stuff, no your just annoying but i like the guys and how they deal with her

Comment

New Girl is amazing, but they've only showen the first 11 episodes on Channel 4 in the UK

Aha, wikipedia has answered my prayers

Hiatus will be over in mid July when the Final 12 episode of season 1 are set to be shown on E4 starting at the mid July 2012. Season 2 is set to air in the autumn on E4
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

So i'm catching up on season 1 of new girl atm, (next ep is ep 20) and i love it, first half wasn't all that spectacular but they really turned the show around in the second half
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

didn't know there was a thread for this show!

we absolutely love this show. We rank it right there along with Happy Endings for it's sheer weird/crazy

but schmidt's character pushes it higher to the better show.

zooey, though gorgeous and i would marry her, is actually the lowest part of the show, sadly.

love this show.

Comment

I like Nick the best, his like funny in an old guy sorta way but there all great characters
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

show is on fire so far.
                    this and happy endings, are easily the two best new comedies from the past season or so.

Comment

One of the few shows I bother to watch these days.

Comment

best moment of the season so far:
                        http://24.media.tumblr.com/002ecf150...qbbmo4_250.gif
                        Last edited by Bagpuss; 19 January 2013, 02:08 PM. Reason: Tags changed.

Comment

Anyone else annoyed by how they treated the Nick/Jess kiss and then cover up? I mean why do writers try to appease the shippers (which obviously from my siggy you can surmise that I am one ) but then try to undo it all ...stupidly I might add....in the very next ep...by trying to claim..... temporary insanity.....OMG what a frickin cop out.
                          Originally posted by jelgate
                          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

This show is really funny, cast works together well and writing is good! It's like HIMYM before it became so serious.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well after the new premiere thought I would dig this thread up again. So what did you all think of the season opener? I really hope they don't drive the Jess and Nick thing into the ground. I mean don't get me wrong... *looks down at siggy* I love them together....but if they handle it all wrong this could get old quick I know shippers are NEVER happy
                              Originally posted by jelgate
                              This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                              X