PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Question?

Stargate Atlantis Girl
October 29th, 2011, 08:53 PM
Ok so I was re-watching this episode yesterday and I'm a bit confused, when the wraith was feeding on Teal'c for a second, did he take off any years? I know it was only for a few seconds but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this.

General Jumper One
October 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Maybe it was brief enough that he took weeks, or months, it's also possible his tretonin blocked the wraith's feeding enzyme.

Gen. Chris
October 30th, 2011, 12:47 AM
He didn't appear to be fazed by it...If anything was taken it was negligible.

maneth
October 30th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah, and in any case Jaffa live much longer than humans do. Even without the tretonin it's possible that Wraith can't feed as easily or as much on Jaffa as they can on humans. We have only the one example to go by, though, so it's hard to say for sure.

USS Thor
October 30th, 2011, 04:24 PM
does anyone know if it's possible for wraith to feed on livestock or any other creature? i mean humans have a long lifespan but so do turtles

General Jumper One
October 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
does anyone know if it's possible for wraith to feed on livestock or any other creature? i mean humans have a long lifespan but so do turtles

In one of the books, a human wraith person can feed on animals she feeds on a cow and heals Sheppard but those aren't "canon."

The Flyattractor
October 30th, 2011, 05:20 PM
He didn't appear to be fazed by it...If anything was taken it was negligible.He was visibly "fazed by it' no no appearnt wearing of his age showed. The Drone only had him a few seconds befor Ronan put that pipe thru its chest. Could that have pulled a "ford" with Teal'c?

And isn't Big T already over a hundred years old at this point?

General Jumper One
October 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM
He was visibly "fazed by it' no no appearnt wearing of his age showed. The Drone only had him a few seconds befor Ronan put that pipe thru its chest. Could that have pulled a "ford" with Teal'c?

And isn't Big T already over a hundred years old at this point?

He was like 50 I think in SG-1, then in "Unending" he lived a lifetime, so about 150 give or take I think.

Gen. Chris
October 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM
I think he was almost one hundred years old when he started at SG-1 cause he is now in like the 160's...

The Flyattractor
October 31st, 2011, 10:51 AM
I would thnk around a hundred or so. Cause wasn't Bratak said to be a hundred and thirty or so?

WraithRichard
October 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM

It's been said multiple times that they can only feed on humans. Ellia probably tried on animals before mimicking the other wraith.

Stargate Atlantis Girl
November 1st, 2011, 04:37 AM
thanks for clearning up the question guys :) And yeah, it seemed like it hurt him a bit, but I'm assuming, like you said, that it just doesn't work on him. It would have been nice to see another episode covering that :D

The Flyattractor
November 1st, 2011, 10:16 AM
Yeah it would have been nice to see more episods...period.

Snowman37
November 7th, 2011, 09:32 AM
Ok so I was re-watching this episode yesterday and I'm a bit confused, when the wraith was feeding on Teal'c for a second, did he take off any years? I know it was only for a few seconds but I was wondering what people's thoughts were on this.
It's been stated in numerous episodes that Wraith feeding doesn't age you. It literally sucks the life out of you, giving a visible impression of rapid aging. If the Wraith feeds on you only briefly, you make a full recovery. The Wraith didn't get a chance to do any substantial life force sucking from Teal'c, so he should be fine aside from the nasty wound on his chest.

Insolent Slave
January 4th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Regardless of his shocked look, I don't think Wraith could feed on a Jaffa (with symbiote or when on the symbiote juice!) I think that is flawed. Jaffa are not human in a strict definition.

Does anyone think a wraith could feed on a Gol'aud?

Durgia
January 5th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Regardless of his shocked look, I don't think Wraith could feed on a Jaffa (with symbiote or when on the symbiote juice!) I think that is flawed. Jaffa are not human in a strict definition.

Does anyone think a wraith could feed on a Gol'aud?

I think Wraith could feed on Jaffa, they are essentially human, remember in the SG1 episode Hathor (1x13) Jack was made into a Jaffa partially or at least started the process. This means the basics of them are human like and probably close enough for the Wraith to feed off.