So did Oma or another ascended being help Catherine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So did Oma or another ascended being help Catherine

I was thinking the other day.......was Oma helping Catherine to decipher the stargate and also was she the one who helped Daniel eventually make the breakthrough..........like could she have appeared to them in ''dreams'' and plant info in their heads?I have a feeling that Oma has been watching Daniel for a really long time and who knows.......one of the ancients might have time travelled to the future and seen what the Ori would do so they ''kickstarted'' the tauri on its space exploration so they would help defeat the Ori.I kno all of this sound far fetched but any feedback and alternate suggestions would be good.

I doubt it. Daniel solved the gate using a newspaper, not a dream.

Also if they never opened the gate then they never would have alerted the Ori to their presence and thus no invasion...or at the least a much more delayed invasion. The Ori did have no idea where the Ancients were.

Comment

Nothing in the series had been conceived when the movie was created, so the answer is... no. There's never been an episode to retcon this, so... the answer is still no.

Comment

Daniel said that he felt someone was always looking out for them (in Season 9), and that now he was scared.

He also said Morgan Le Fay looked like his 3rd grade teacher, so, you can believe what you'd like.

Comment

Yes Inquisitor.......I don't believe for a second that Keb was the first place Oma had her eyes on Daniel.Especially after watching them in the diner.They have their eyes on many people and just how Morgan guided Teal'c and Daniel in AOT........who knows how long she has been ''putting clues'' in Daniel's path.It may not have been mentioned in the series but lots of times you can read between the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
            Yes Inquisitor.......I don't believe for a second that Keb was the first place Oma had her eyes on Daniel.Especially after watching them in the diner.
            What in "Threads" suggests that Oma had been watching Daniel before she met him in "Maternal Instinct?" Do you have more than a gut feeling?

They have their eyes on many people and just how Morgan guided Teal'c and Daniel in AOT........who knows how long she has been ''putting clues'' in Daniel's path.It may not have been mentioned in the series but lots of times you can read between the lines.
            Morgan was first encountered in "The Pegasus Project," that's why she was helping Teal'c and Daniel in Ark of Truth. She was starting to believe Daniel was right about getting involved with the Ori. She couldn't get directly involved either because of the others or, more likely, because Adria was too powerful and would have come down like a hammer.

Comment

It does make one wonder though.. Did they get an Inkling back then that daniel was destined for greatness?

Comment

I think that was probably planned as far back as Season 1's "The Torment of Tantalus."

Comment

I don't think Oma or any other ancient helped open the gate - they barely helped when they knew the Ori were coming to destroy them, except for Morgan Le Fey. Why would the ancients care if, an inferior race opened up the stargate?

I think the first time Oma saw Daniel was either at Keb she might have been aware of his existence, but probably was of no consequence to him, until he insisted on embracing the idea of ascension - remember Oma is not liked by the others because she helps others ascend.

Daniel said that he felt someone was always looking out for them (in Season 9), and that now he was scared.

He also said Morgan Le Fay looked like his 3rd grade teacher, so, you can believe what you'd like.
                  As for the first point, he could have meant any of their allies who helped them out - this time was the first time they were on their own with the new enemy. As for the second point, I'm pretty sure he was referring to her personality (Weir stated earlier about how she believed it was meant to teach school children the history of Atlantis), when Morgan Le Fey, chides him about future use of the program, she is a bit strict and patronizing, much like a teacher from his past could have been.

Interesting theory, but judging by how the ancients do things, they don't care for earth matters.
                  Oh for a book and a shady nook ~ Jules' Book Reviews - my book review site.

Comment

Working...
                  X