Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So where did they finally end up parking Atlantis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where did they finally end up parking Atlantis?

So in your opinion, did Atlantis make it back to the Pegasus galaxy? Is it still parked off San Francisco? A friend of mine said he heard somewhere that they parked it on the far side of the moon and used it as the new Area 51. Any ideas?

All that I know is that Rodney evidently still worked for Woolsey in SGU, but that doesn't tell us if they were even still attached to Atlantis.
    Sincerely,

Kevin Long
    (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
    http://www.kevin-long.com

I don't think it could land on land very well.

It could get messy...

I think in the most recent book they manage to get it back to the Pegasus but that's not necessarily considered canon...
    sigpic

Comment

Probably still in our solar system somewhere. It would require a shield to be anywhere in space. And if the shield is still that strong, they could easily land on the backside of the moon, without it causing problems.

I think it should go back to Pegasus, though. Unfinished business there for many people.

Comment

From a tactical standpoint, Lake Michigan or Chesapeake Bay would be the spot to place her permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          Probably still in our solar system somewhere. It would require a shield to be anywhere in space. And if the shield is still that strong, they could easily land on the backside of the moon, without it causing problems.

I think it should go back to Pegasus, though. Unfinished business there for many people.
          If the wraith avoid Atlantis what can they possibly accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
            If the wraith avoid Atlantis what can they possibly accomplish?
            From a storytelling point of view, they made a point of destroying Area 51 in the series finale, which leaves earth basically defenseless. Atlantis has the only other functioning ancient drone weapon, so it seems unlikely the IOA would really be willing to just let it go.
            Sincerely,

Kevin Long
            (The Artist Formerly Known As Republibot 3.0)
            http://www.kevin-long.com

Comment

I would think that it would be smarter for the Wraith that if they did make it to the MW going directly to earth first wouldn't be the best idea. Especially if its only 1 or 2 Hives. I would think the better starergy would be just getting here and then finding some secluded spot and setting up camp.
              Building their forces up and getting their strenght built up. Cause its not like the MW is suffering from a low human population #. And with the Ori,Repilicators, Asgard now gone. Who is left that could possibly really stand in their way?
              The remaining gou'ald are a disorginized mess. The Alution Alliance is a joke. That one advanced race of humans that ran off with the nox were pretty much all but wiped out.
              And how well could the Nox do against another race with TP abilities?
              I like Sharky
              sigpic

Comment

According to the spoilers released for the movie, Extinction

Spoiler:

They moved Atlantis to the far side of the moon. The moon always has the same side facing Earth so it wouldn't be visible, although obviously the shield would need to remain up at all times.

However, that's just the script for the movie, so it isn't yet canon. If they wanted to change their mind, they could do so, as there's been no on-screen discussion of its location that I'm aware of
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Republibot 3.0 View Post
                  So in your opinion, did Atlantis make it back to the Pegasus galaxy? Is it still parked off San Francisco? A friend of mine said he heard somewhere that they parked it on the far side of the moon and used it as the new Area 51. Any ideas?
                  In the novels, Atlantis returned to Pegasus. In the Extinction TV movie script, Atlantis also would have returned to Pegasus. The movie didn't happen, so you can follow the novels or just let your imagination decide.

All that I know is that Rodney evidently still worked for Woolsey in SGU, but that doesn't tell us if they were even still attached to Atlantis.
                  As of the Universe episode "Seizure," McKay and Woolsey are on Earth. It's implied that Atlantis is still on Earth.

Comment

I like Atlantis in Pegasus, so I'm happy that it would have went back there if the show continued or if the movie was made. Power was always an issue for Atlantis, so I doubt it could just stay somewhere with the cloak or shields up nonstop. Pegasus is the right place for it imo.

sigpic

Comment

Personally, I don't like that the novels and movie script have Atlantis moving back to Pegasus. It would be out of character for anyone to allow Atlantis to return to Pegasus. Why would anyone allow such a valuable asset and technological marvel to leave the Earth? The only people who'd reasonably want Atlantis back in Pegasus would be Teyla and Ronan. I like that the show ends with Atlantis on Earth, I'd been expecting that ending every since the first episode.

People say that Atlantis on Earth means that the Pegasus galaxy will fall to the Wraith. Did we forget about the Daedalus and Apollo?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        As of the Universe episode "Seizure," McKay and Woolsey are on Earth. It's implied that Atlantis is still on Earth.
                        I've been through the script for "Seizure" and saw nothing that implied that. What were you thinking of...?

Comment

The Daedalus and Apollo are just two ships...Atlantis, even when not mobile, served as a base for the Tauri to attack the Wraith on various occasions. The Daedalus and Apollo can only stay for so long, since it takes three weeks to get there and back.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Personally, I don't like that the novels and movie script have Atlantis moving back to Pegasus. It would be out of character for anyone to allow Atlantis to return to Pegasus. Why would anyone allow such a valuable asset and technological marvel to leave the Earth? The only people who'd reasonably want Atlantis back in Pegasus would be Teyla and Ronan. I like that the show ends with Atlantis on Earth, I'd been expecting that ending every since the first episode.
                            I agree with you that it's a bit of a stretch to allow Atlantis. Then again, if Earth was under repeated attacks in an attempt to get at the city, they might consider moving it. It would depend on the plotline they came up with as to how believable it was. Then again, if they were truly that desperate for the city to be on Earth, they'd have fixed the stardrive after The Return II and flown in home whilst it still had three fully powered ZPMs. After all, if the ZPM's were needed on Earth whilst repairs were underway, they could simply gate one or two of them back.

People say that Atlantis on Earth means that the Pegasus galaxy will fall to the Wraith. Did we forget about the Daedalus and Apollo?
                            Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            The Daedalus and Apollo are just two ships...Atlantis, even when not mobile, served as a base for the Tauri to attack the Wraith on various occasions. The Daedalus and Apollo can only stay for so long, since it takes three weeks to get there and back.
                            Weelllll, if we're going with the idea that they'd send those ships (likely one at a time) they'd send them on longer deployments, much like they do with our regular ships.

That said, even with the increased ship time, it's unlikely there'd be as much interaction with the PG natives as there would have been with regular SG teams departing from Atlantis on a regular basis.
                            sigpic

Comment

In a Walmart parking lot in Dallas Texas...

Comment

Working...
                              X