Boardwalk Empire.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boardwalk Empire.

Cant believe this show doesnt have a thread yet. Come on people!

I know im not the only one watching, so, discuss.
    sigpic

Im hoping Chalky gets his revenge.
    Also, LOL at the dog stealing Richard's mask.
    sigpic

Comment

Well it got renewed for a 3rd season a little while ago.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=83125

Also Chalky White wants his Hoppin John

http://www.redeyechicago.com/media/a...9-23153145.jpg

Comment

*Cheers for the third season*
        sigpic

Comment

This show is at the top of my To Watch List but just haven't had the time to start it. There's way too many shows on right now and I'm also doing my first watch through of Babylon 5.

I will stay clear of this thread for a while though to avoid any spoilers
          sigpic

Comment

I recorded all the episodes but I haven't got round to watching any yet.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Watched season 1 and now starting with season 2. I have to say ... I'm still not sure if I like this show or not. There are some very interesting characters in it, and I LOVE storys set at the prohibition-time.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
              Sig & Avi by Josi
              sigpic
              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                Im hoping Chalky gets his revenge.
                Also, LOL at the dog stealing Richard's mask.
                That was a funny moment and successful defused what was a very dark moment before. And hell it was a dark episode, with someone getting their face mashed in and a scalping.

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                This show is at the top of my To Watch List but just haven't had the time to start it. There's way too many shows on right now and I'm also doing my first watch through of Babylon 5.

I will stay clear of this thread for a while though to avoid any spoilers
                Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                I recorded all the episodes but I haven't got round to watching any yet.
                Well worth the watch, quite slow paced at times, and a l0t of season 1 is I think set up for season 2, when the pace picks up, But it is a fantastically written, directed and acted show and mesmerizing to watch.

Comment

Also here is a trailer for the next episode, "The Age of Reason"
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLMhbX1KFw

Looks great, as usual

Comment

Is S-1 out on DVD yet? Looking forward to watching this.

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

I really wanna watch this show.. whats it actually about?
                      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
                        Is S-1 out on DVD yet? Looking forward to watching this.

IHS
                        Amazon has the S1 DVD release at January 9th 2012. But that is the UK, it may come out earlier in the US.

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                        I really wanna watch this show.. whats it actually about?
                        Description from Amazon.
                        Spoiler:
                        When alcohol was outlawed, outlaws became kings. From Terence Winter, Emmy Award-winning writer of The Sopranos, and Academy Award Winning Director Martin Scorsese, Boardwalk Empire is set in Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition, when the sale of alcohol became illegal throughout the United States.

The Great War is over, Wall Street is about to boom and everything is for sale, even the World Series. It is a time of change when women are getting the vote, broadcast radio is introduced, and young people rule the world.

On the beach in southern New Jersey sits Atlantic City, a spectacular resort known as "The World's Playground," a place where rules don't apply. Massive hotels line its famous Boardwalk, along with nightclubs, amusement piers and entertainment to rival Broadway. For a few dollars, a working man can get away and live like a king--legally or illegally.

The undisputed ruler of Atlantic City is the town's Treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, (Steve Buscemi) a political fixer and backroom dealer who is equal parts politician and gangster and equally comfortable in either role. Because of its strategic location on the seaboard, the town is a hub of activity for rum-runners, minutes from Philadelphia, hours from New York City and less than a day's drive from Chicago. And Nucky Thompson takes full advantage.

There is a much better description here at HBO's official BE site. If you want everything to be a surprise when/if you watch the show then a little warning that in paragraph 6 (it opens with "As the series begins") there are some (IMO) spoilery things. Paragraphs after that are fine.

If it doesnt sound like the kind of show you'd watch, dont worry, i felt the same at first. In fact, i only decided to watch because i was bored with nothing else to do or watch. But give it a try (at least a couple of episodes) beacause its a really good show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          That was a funny moment and successful defused what was a very dark moment before. And hell it was a dark episode, with someone getting their face mashed in and a scalping.
                          I got the impression from the trappers/hunters that they knew what Richard was doing there.
                          sigpic

Comment

BE is an absolutely outstanding show. HBO has another huge hit on their hands, and well deserved too.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                              Amazon has the S1 DVD release at January 9th 2012. But that is the UK, it may come out earlier in the US.

Description from Amazon.

There is a much better description here at HBO's official BE site. If you want everything to be a surprise when/if you watch the show then a little warning that in paragraph 6 (it opens with "As the series begins") there are some (IMO) spoilery things. Paragraphs after that are fine.

If it doesnt sound like the kind of show you'd watch, dont worry, i felt the same at first. In fact, i only decided to watch because i was bored with nothing else to do or watch. But give it a try (at least a couple of episodes) beacause its a really good show.
                              Thanks! If its about the 1920's i'm set! thats my favorite Era
                              sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Working...
                              X