The Asgard Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Asgard Ships

I was trying to remember what happened to the Asgard ships in this episode. I looked up the episode, and I read two out of three were destroyed. Well, that stinks for the Pegasus Asgard. I don't see one ship full of Pegasus Asgard as being much of a threat to Atlantis. Do you think "First Contact" and "The Lost Tribe" were meant to be a one-time revival of the Asgard, or do you think they were trying to bring the Asgard back into the fold? To me, it felt like they regretted killing off the Asgard. Personally, I was glad to see them back. I didn't mind the Asgard dying out, but their extinction in SG-1 "Unending" seemed like an after thought. Their extinction should have been the central plot of an episode, not the opening ten minutes.

You are assuming those 3 ships were all they had.

Comment

The PG Asgard were introduced too late to really give them much of a story...We can't base their existence in Pegasus just on their two(?) episodes...

At least, that's my opinion.
      sigpic

Comment

Hard to say one way or the other. My guess would be they planned to bring them back again in s6, but I don't know for sure. It seems unlikely that they (the writers) would let any of them escape if they didn't plan to revisit them at some point.
        sigpic

Comment

Or the SGA movie..

Comment

To be honest, no one was thinking that this was supposed to be the last season. If they did then they would have wrapped up many loose threads as they could.

So yes, I think the evil Asgard may have appeared in Season 6.
            Hi There!

Comment

Working...
            X