How many hives were left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many hives were left?

Was it ever revealed exactly how many Wraith hives were in Pegasus? How many were left? If that's an unknown, is someone willing to do a kill count?

Early on in SGA we learnt there were "60 or more" (if I remember the quote).

However we can't know for sure because we don't know if this meant 60 in total, 60 active, were there more in hibernation, were these 60 Hives part of one faction (so could be tracked by each other) so are there other untraceable factions, were there other Hives built to replace the destroyed Hives or how many more were destroyed when the Wraith had their civil war.

I do remember the Asurans destroyed 12 of them (according to Woolsey), then about dozen or so were destroyed over the course of the series (The Siege trilogy had five alone). There were other episodes with two Hives destroying themselves and others with one Hive destroying another. Out of the 60, I'd say 25-30 were destroyed.

sigpic

Comment

Basically, the plague was the Wraith was cut in half. Nice.

Comment

I'd say about half, but I don't own the series on Blu-Ray yet so can't do a proper recount. Unfortunately there is no telling how many Cruisers still exist or were destroyed. Hives I'd expect to be limited in numbers, with the Cruisers being the main bulk of the Wraith fleet.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah...For cruisers I think the protocol for numbers were three per hive when they were all together...Taking that number...180 Cruisers...=/
          sigpic

Comment

29 by my count. http://stargate-wiki.org/wiki/Wraith...own_Hive_ships

Comment

Don't forget the ones Todd was growing with those 20 zpms or so he stole.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                Don't forget the ones Todd was growing with those 20 zpms or so he stole.
                ah what? Todd never grew any hive ships, one of his scientists just made one grow a little bigger.

Comment

I thought he only grew one ZPM-powered hive? Also, we never learned how many ZPM's he had.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                    ah what? Todd never grew any hive ships, one of his scientists just made one grow a little bigger.
                    That superhive was grown from scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                      I thought he only grew one ZPM-powered hive? Also, we never learned how many ZPM's he had.
                      and we'll never know how many hives he had in the oven

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                        That superhive was grown from scratch.
                        once again, no.
                        MCKAY: That's what they're doing with the surplus energy—using it to grow a larger, and if I'm reading this correctly, significantly denser outer hull.
                        They just grew the hull, not the whole ship.
                        TODD: The organic nature of the hive creates certain incompatibilities with Ancient technology.
                        we've seen that the pathogen that infected Keller, simply latched onto the power conduits to get energy, if thats all that Todd did then why would there be these incompatabilities.

Comment

Didn't they sorta imply that there was a group of Shipbuilders amongst the wraith that went off and started their own little clicque sort of implying that the majority of the other wraith couldn't "build" any new hives.
                          And by the end of season 5 they had to have taken out at least half of the estimated 60 ships.
                          I like Sharky
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                            Didn't they sorta imply that there was a group of Shipbuilders amongst the wraith that went off and started their own little clicque sort of implying that the majority of the other wraith couldn't "build" any new hives.
                            And by the end of season 5 they had to have taken out at least half of the estimated 60 ships.
                            where is everyone getting all these strange ideas from, SGA hasn't been off for that long...

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              where is everyone getting all these strange ideas from, SGA hasn't been off for that long...
                              Because it was said in an episode that Hive factions resulted in the Wraith responsible for maintaining the fleet choosing sides so rivals were left at a disadvantage. Didn't say anything about them starting their own group though (that I remember).

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X