PDA

View Full Version : Once Upon A Time General Discussion/News/Speculation (spoilers possible)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Princess Awinita
September 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM
The previews make it seem like Elsa is the bad witch, but your information makes more sense. If only my 3 year old daughter were older, I think she'd enjoy this season!

My information is direct from Disney & ABC down in Florida that Elsa may want to just get home, she appears in 9 eps of the season, and Hans has indeed been confirmed as the bad guy for the season as of this morning {an hour ago from this post} Hasn't said anything yet of why or how Elsa got into that urn though. but I LOVE the promos and previews I've been seeing

jelgate
September 10th, 2014, 10:11 AM
Something tell me its more complicated than that.

Spimman
September 10th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Looks like your information is correct per this source (http://www.enstarz.com/articles/45118/20140830/once-upon-a-time-season-4-news-frozen-villain-hans-is-a-sociopath-may-be-involved-in-imprisoning-elsa-video.htm)

mong the various Frozen characters set to appear on Once Upon a Time the villainous prince Hans (Tyler Jacob Moore) will continue with his sociopathic tendencies. Once Upon a Time show runners Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz previewed the role Hans will play in Season 4 to Entertainment Weekly this week.

"He has not been redeemed," Kitsis asserted. "He's a sociopath."

I think this sounds like it will make for a more interesting season.

Princess Awinita
September 10th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Indeed, and I can't stop fangirling the fact that ELSA is in real life.... I now want to see her ice palace

Edit: I still need to fully watch season two though, and get my local library to buy Season three; almost done with season one, missed one ep

jelgate
September 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Netflix has all the seasons. I will wait and see as the villians go. Wouldn't be the first time fans jumped to conclusions

garhkal
September 11th, 2014, 12:15 AM
The preview for the new season i saw, i loved.. Pity though they only showed her dress/feet.

Princess Awinita
September 16th, 2014, 02:17 PM
There are a few more promos last I knew, look up Olafvids on Youtube, you'll find them :) My favorite is the extended preview wherein she is seen briefly creating her snow monster Marshmellow from the film. Wherein Hook is saying "That's a new one"

hedwig
September 16th, 2014, 04:51 PM
I'm really annoyed with the scheduling on the various networks. "Madam Secretary" is on at 8:00, the same as "Once Upon a Time". I'm either going to have to choose which one to watch or get a DVR. :p

Spimman
September 17th, 2014, 08:44 AM
get a DVR. :p

Easy decision. ;)

Not sure where you live, but in the US this can be quite affordable via Satellite. There are certain time slots when I'll be recording 3 and occasionally 4 shows at a single time. Also, I rarely am able to sit and watch TV before 8:45 Central time so DVR works for my schedule so much better!

jelgate
September 17th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Not to mention most TV shows are online. That's what I use when two TV shows I like are on at the same time

rushy
September 17th, 2014, 10:37 AM
I'm getting a bit tired of all the sociopaths to be honest. There's Hook, Rumple, Queenie, Frankenstein and Jefferson currently alive. That's not enough? I wish the show actually dealt with its characters rather than constantly introducing new ones in fear we lose attention.
I'd love to see how the Storybrooke residents actually feel about their situation, maybe a rebel faction(led by Victor!) who'd do something nasty to get back to their respective worlds. Prove that hope will always beat the darkness.

hedwig
September 19th, 2014, 02:53 PM
After seeing the new TV Guide with a bunch of info about the new season with many characters from "Frozen", I'm wondering how much time the original characters are going to get and whether I want to watch it. I'm probably one of the few people that didn't see "Frozen", so I don't really care about those characters. It's taking too much time away from the characters I enjoyed in the first 2 years.

jelgate
September 19th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Probably the same as always. Its not like the Wicked Witch or the guest characters took a huge amount of time from the main.

Princess Awinita
September 19th, 2014, 03:11 PM
After seeing the new TV Guide with a bunch of info about the new season with many characters from "Frozen", I'm wondering how much time the original characters are going to get and whether I want to watch it. I'm probably one of the few people that didn't see "Frozen", so I don't really care about those characters. It's taking too much time away from the characters I enjoyed in the first 2 years.
According to ABC; Elsa from Frozen will get 9 eps in the first half of the season plus I think five more in the second half {14 out of full season in total is the estimated total} No idea for other guest characters though. I do know that Hans from Frosen will be the seasons villian.

hedwig
September 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
According to ABC; Elsa from Frozen will get 9 eps in the first half of the season plus I think five more in the second half {14 out of full season in total is the estimated total} No idea for other guest characters though. I do know that Hans from Frosen will be the seasons villian.

Elizabeth Mitchell (from "Lost" and "Revolution") will be playing the Snow Queen. Was there a Snow Queen in "Frozen"? There is another actress who will be playing Elsa's sister, and there will be a bunch of trolls apparently, as well. There'a 2-3 page spread in the current TV Guide magazine about all of this.

Princess Awinita
September 19th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Elizabeth Mitchell (from "Lost" and "Revolution") will be playing the Snow Queen. Was there a Snow Queen in "Frozen"? There is another actress who will be playing Elsa's sister, and there will be a bunch of trolls apparently, as well. There'a 2-3 page spread in the current TV Guide magazine about all of this.

Yes, Elsa was the Snow Queen in the film; in OUaT though, she is played by Georgina Haig.

hedwig
September 19th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Yes, Elsa was the Snow Queen in the film; in OUaT though, she is played by Georgina Haig.

The TV Guide review said Elizabeth Mitchell will be playing the Snow Queen, "though her exact connectoin to Anna and Elsa is being kept under wraps".. It says that Georgina Haig will play Elsa and Elizabeth Lail will play Anna. :)

Princess Awinita
September 19th, 2014, 10:49 PM
The TV Guide review said Elizabeth Mitchell will be playing the Snow Queen, "though her exact connectoin to Anna and Elsa is being kept under wraps".. It says that Georgina Haig will play Elsa and Elizabeth Lail will play Anna. :)

*nods* This is correct; according to ABC its possible that Elizabeth Mitchells character may or may not be their mother. Which would honestly be really weird. Because their mother had no abilites like Elsa. Hence Elsa was referred as the Snow Queen in the film. But the show is different and I am just excited as heck that Elsa is going to be on TV in live action and can't stop drolling. However, I do not know how to get screenshots off a DVR, Though, to those that can I make this question, could you get as many of Elsa {solo on screen please, though group shots are good too} as you can for me ? If so I'll send you my email and you can send me the files through there :)

Thanks in advance,

Note: I was only able to find ONE full body shot of Georgina Haig as Elsa without any behind the scenes stuff in the way. {almost all the shots I've seen have something with the crew in the camera shot. which ruins it for me.}

hedwig
September 21st, 2014, 05:07 PM
Apparently, OUAT is back on tonight, but it's a rerun, ... not the first episode of Season 4. :( Looks like the last episode of last season.

Morgania
September 21st, 2014, 09:11 PM
It's new in a week, dude.

hedwig
September 21st, 2014, 09:55 PM
It's new in a week, dude.

I found that out this evening. And that's dudette, if you don't mind ... well, even if you do. :p

Morgania
September 21st, 2014, 10:35 PM
Fair enough. A week seems both close and far away.

Princess Awinita
September 21st, 2014, 10:44 PM
Fair enough. A week seems both close and far away.

Yes, yes it does. Why do we have to wait a week.....

Well darn....

My parents favorite show is on at the SAME EXACT TIME as OUaT >.< and they're already DVRing two other shows at the same time *unhappy*

Anyone know how to get DVR screenshots ?

I'd kill to get some screenshots {best possible quality please} of Georgina Haig as Elsa. If someone can do it, I'll contact you by PM with my email that you can send me the entire file/folder/whatever of images :)

garhkal
September 22nd, 2014, 11:58 PM
Guess you might need to see if you can get a TV drop in your room, so you can watch it in there!

rkgardner2003
September 25th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Yes, yes it does. Why do we have to wait a week.....

Well darn....

My parents favorite show is on at the SAME EXACT TIME as OUaT >.< and they're already DVRing two other shows at the same time *unhappy*

Anyone know how to get DVR screenshots ?

I'd kill to get some screenshots {best possible quality please} of Georgina Haig as Elsa. If someone can do it, I'll contact you by PM with my email that you can send me the entire file/folder/whatever of images :)

Watch it on demand or on ABC.com. I'm pretty sure it's made available rather quickly.

Princess Awinita
September 25th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Watch it on demand or on ABC.com. I'm pretty sure it's made available rather quickly.

Tried looking for it on ABC's WATCHABC but there is no service for it in my area :mckay: So at this moment I am unable to watch it online; My parents DO have Comcast Xfinity however, so they have watched showed on their laptop a few times through comcast. Not sure if it'd be on there though. I at least got the DRV set up to record the premire {they have another show they watch at the same time on a different channel}

jelgate
September 25th, 2014, 12:01 PM
You just need your Xfinity username and password to verify you are a member and you will be able to stream ABC shows. It takes about 2 minutes

Princess Awinita
September 25th, 2014, 01:51 PM
You just need your Xfinity username and password to verify you are a member and you will be able to stream ABC shows. It takes about 2 minutes

*gives Scholar points to Jel* Thankees

lastrequest
October 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to put it - but just found this interview with Sean Maguire (Robin) - of great interest to me and possibly other UKers - he mentions that Channel 5 have picked up OUAT again - I hope this is true as I had to order the DVD to see it (which I don't altogether mind, what with intending to collect it all anyway :p )

http://once-storybrooke.com/website/exclusive-interviews/sean-maguire-once-upon-a-time-robin-hood/

SM: The thing is though that the show hasn’t been on recently, because Channel 5 took it off the air and just now have recently put it back on now.
PSP: I heard about that! Glad they picked it up again.
SM: Yeah, my mum hasn’t seen season three yet.

Princess Awinita
October 6th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to put it - but just found this interview with Sean Maguire (Robin) - of great interest to me and possibly other UKers - he mentions that Channel 5 have picked up OUAT again - I hope this is true as I had to order the DVD to see it (which I don't altogether mind, what with intending to collect it all anyway :p )

http://once-storybrooke.com/website/exclusive-interviews/sean-maguire-once-upon-a-time-robin-hood/

Its already up for preorder ??!! TOTALLY ORDERING!!

lastrequest
October 6th, 2014, 05:08 PM
I read somewhere else *sorry I forgot I'll try find it again* that the region 2 season 3 dvd is available Oct 20th...

Edit: This is on amazon (also multiregional) suggesting release date Oct 20th - but no preorder button... so *shrugs* not sure what's happening...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Once-Season-Retail-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B00LMW54NS/ref=sr_1_13?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1405021454&sr=1-13&keywords=disney

Edit 2: showing as unavailable now :(

If in doubt record off tele :D

Princess Awinita
October 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Thanks much anyhow lastreqest! :)

rushy
October 8th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Just watched the first two episodes. The first one sucked, but the second one was really cool(pun unintended).
The series is still stuck with cheesy writing, but all the actors are giving it their greatest and that's wonderful. I especially loved the scene with Rumple visiting his son's grave(minus the generic flashback story).

Both Ice Ladies are awesome(Juliet from Lost!!!).

Finally, I hate hate hate Regina. I'm sorry, but after the thousands of crimes and evil smirks, I just can't take the redemption angle seriously. I feel like rolling my eyes at every scene she's in, which is a shame, considering the actress's calibre. Loved seeing her break out Sidney, though. He's hilarious.

In all honesty though, not a bad start for a season of Once Upon A Time.

hlndncr
October 9th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I really hate the direction the show has taken this season. I hate the movie Frozen, and I'm sick to death of the over marketing. Now a show I once enjoyed has become just one more spin off product!

garhkal
October 10th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Finally, I hate hate hate Regina. I'm sorry, but after the thousands of crimes and evil smirks, I just can't take the redemption angle seriously. I feel like rolling my eyes at every scene she's in, which is a shame, considering the actress's calibre. Loved seeing her break out Sidney, though. He's hilarious.
It does seem like they continually flip back and fourth between whether she is going to be good or evil.

rushy
October 18th, 2014, 12:30 AM
Well, the show, IMHO, did its biggest mistake in season 2 by breaking the curse. It immediately revealed the mysterious aspects of the show. It's like if everyone got off the island at the end of season 1 of Lost.

Major Fischer
October 25th, 2014, 02:52 AM
Haven't seen it mentioned here, but Episode 8, to air 11/16 in the states has been upped to 2 hours. This is in addition to the original episode count so that for DVD and syndication purposes this season will have 23 episodes.

As for the Frozen arc, say what you want about it but the ratings are up 30% year over year for ABC and is the networks highest rated drama not produced by Shonda Rhimes.

And personally, I don't think Regina's flipping anymore. I think she's a flawed hero at this point.

Princess Awinita
October 25th, 2014, 03:05 AM
Haven't seen it mentioned here, but Episode 8, to air 11/16 in the states has been upped to 2 hours. This is in addition to the original episode count so that for DVD and syndication purposes this season will have 23 episodes.

As for the Frozen arc, say what you want about it but the ratings are up 30% year over year for ABC and is the networks highest rated drama not produced by Shonda Rhimes.

And personally, I don't think Regina's flipping anymore. I think she's a flawed hero at this point.

This is correct, Smash the Mirror is in two parts {Smash the mirror part 1, Smash the mirror part 2}; part one airs at seven apparently, and part two at eight, however it is counted as ONE episode on the entire timeguide for the season {according to the season wiki, there's 22 total episodes, smash the mirror being counted as one single episode though}

And yeah, the ratings are indeed up for this season, sadly it is only 11 episodes long

Major Fischer
October 25th, 2014, 03:25 AM
The various convolutions of how it was described thursday make me wonder how long the extra hour has been planned. A properly paced two hour episode intended that way from the start is different than when a show shoots a lot of extra material and finds they can make a second hour out of it.

While they are describing it as 22 episodes in some places, ABC's describing it as an additional episode (they picked up extra episodes of a half dozen series on the same day).

Princess Awinita
October 25th, 2014, 03:29 AM
While they are describing it as 22 episodes in some places, ABC's describing it as an additional episode (they picked up extra episodes of a half dozen series on the same day).

Well apparently they also picked up two more episodes last I heard of Castle ? Along with this, when it was revealed and I read the brief summary I got thinking "We're to see how Elsa ended up in the urn ??" Now I am not exactly worried about that, but I am worried about the fact that the HAT; the hat MICKEY MOUSE WORE is in this show too..... *shivers* Just thinking about that hat makes me shiver. I loved that part of Fantasia. But the mythology they gave it for the show scares me.

My thought of why ABC wanted to extend smash the mirror into two parts was because there was so much story to tell to begin with on the frozen storyline. Though I could be wrong

Major Fischer
October 25th, 2014, 03:33 AM
The episode description I read makes me think Emma is going to have hat troubles. Which makes me very very very mad at Rumple. I'm actually not sure what I think about the hat mythology as it's been presented. It concerns me that its far too powerful, especially in the hands of an already quite powerful Rumple.

Major Fischer
October 25th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Well apparently they also picked up two more episodes last I heard of Castle ?

Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, The Middle and Grey's Anatomy all got 2 extra episodes bringing their orders up to 24.

Castle and Once each got an extra episode up to 23. But as you point out, A&E are treating 8 as a single two hour.

Princess Awinita
October 25th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Modern Family, Black-ish, The Goldbergs, The Middle and Grey's Anatomy all got 2 extra episodes bringing their orders up to 24.

Castle and Once each got an extra episode up to 23. But as you point out, A&E are treating 8 as a single two hour.

OK so the hat troubles might be Emmas problem whereas Elsa has snow queen to deal with..... I honestly do not see the family relationship; however to be honest I AM looking forwards to how Elsa ended up in the urn. I honestly hope Snow Queen was lying that Anna did it {In Rocky Road}

I think rumpy needs some toning down. Either Elsa or Emma have to knock him down a few pegs, Anna already had done so.

Major Fischer
October 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I've been concerned that they've overpowered Rumple for for a while. They've basically made it so that not only can no single character realistically stop him, but that I honestly wonder if they could all combined stop him. The Dark One is an interesting concept but as the show has gone on and made him behind every other villain he's just become a big godlike.

Really the last several villains have been. Pan could do anything he wished, and until she was finally defeated Zelena treated Regina like a rag doll. She couldn't even land a single blow. I at least feel like the Snow Queen isn't quite like that.

I'm sure the Snow Queen was lying. Or misleading. Anna would never do that deliberately.

In terms of family relationships. It could certainly exist. This is after all a show where a daughter once arrested her mother for the murder of her stepmother (sort of), having been set up by her step grandmother who was also the adopted mother of her son who in turn had murdered both her grandfather and her step-great grandfather. And that doesn't even bring in the Neil side of the family. They bring new meaning to family feud.

garhkal
October 25th, 2014, 10:47 PM
This is correct, Smash the Mirror is in two parts {Smash the mirror part 1, Smash the mirror part 2}; part one airs at seven apparently, and part two at eight, however it is counted as ONE episode on the entire timeguide for the season {according to the season wiki, there's 22 total episodes, smash the mirror being counted as one single episode though}

And yeah, the ratings are indeed up for this season, sadly it is only 11 episodes long

COOL. Another 2 hr show. Any idea if this is in addition to the usual season finale being 2 hrs?

In terms of family relationships. It could certainly exist. This is after all a show where a daughter once arrested her mother for the murder of her stepmother (sort of), having been set up by her step grandmother who was also the adopted mother of her son who in turn had murdered both her grandfather and her step-great grandfather. And that doesn't even bring in the Neil side of the family. They bring new meaning to family feud.

I would love to see the stars of this show do a family feud episode!

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 12:14 AM
COOL. Another 2 hr show. Any idea if this is in addition to the usual season finale being 2 hrs?

I don't think they've written the season final yet and they haven't released that kind of detail. All we know at the moment is that there will be 23 "hours" of Once this season. I suspect as a pure business matter they are doing this because the rest of the ABC sunday lineup is tanking in the ratings and Once will give them higher ratings for that hour than Resurrection. The two hour is scheduled in the middle of November sweeps.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I've been concerned that they've overpowered Rumple for for a while. They've basically made it so that not only can no single character realistically stop him, but that I honestly wonder if they could all combined stop him. The Dark One is an interesting concept but as the show has gone on and made him behind every other villain he's just become a big godlike.

Really the last several villains have been. Pan could do anything he wished, and until she was finally defeated Zelena treated Regina like a rag doll. She couldn't even land a single blow. I at least feel like the Snow Queen isn't quite like that.

I'm sure the Snow Queen was lying. Or misleading. Anna would never do that deliberately.

Yeah well, You got a pointQueen Elsa vs Snow Queen apparently means to let Snow Queen cancel out Elsa's magic and have everyone blame her, to which I give this shot http://screencapped.net/tv/onceuponatime/albums/season4/404/ouat404_3139.jpg in answer to that {I personally do not want to be on the receiving end of that glare!} I honestly think that between Elsa; who I honestly has a proper reason to be so ready to use her powers and seal in the town until she's reunited with her sister. and the snow queen; who was already there and not because of the curse; what reason does she have to even be in town ? And personally, Elsa is far far prettier than snow queen *drools* {I'm a married woman personally, but I can't help it!}

OH! And before I forget; did anyone else hear that Elizabeth Mitchell is barefoot for all her scenes ?? It was her own choice because otherwise she siad and I quote "I feel like a gazelle in galooshes tripping over everything" It might also explain why all the forest scenes have the forest floor covered with pine needles

Heh; Family Fued: OUaT Edition; lets see who gets out of this one!.... In this case Niel, he's dead; he wins :D

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 12:28 AM
OH! And before I forget; did anyone else hear that Elizabeth Mitchell is barefoot for all her scenes ?? It was her own choice because otherwise she siad and I quote "I feel like a gazelle in galooshes tripping over everything" It might also explain why all the forest scenes have the forest floor covered with pine needles

Heh; Family Fued: OUaT Edition; lets see who gets out of this one!.... In this case Niel, he's dead; he wins :D

It wouldn't surprise me. They had give Georgiana boots for her woods scenes because she couldn't walk in the woods in her heals. And I will never know how Lana Parrilla managed to walk on uneven ground in the shoes she was wearing in Ep 401 when she confronted the snow monster.

Question about Once: Family Feud. When you are picking teams does being dead count? Because I bet Cora and Zelena would be really interesting on a team. Or Pan.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 12:31 AM
It wouldn't surprise me. They had give Georgiana boots for her woods scenes because she couldn't walk in the woods in her heals. And I will never know how Lana Parrilla managed to walk on uneven ground in the shoes she was wearing in Ep 401 when she confronted the snow monster.

Question about Once: Family Feud. When you are picking teams does being dead count? Because I bet Cora and Zelena would be really interesting on a team. Or Pan.

I thought Georgina was given flats for those woods scenes ? {Saw the interview with Oh My Disney! and she showed off her outfit, her shoes were flats, not heels in that interview ? Wait no it was in the Olafvids video of "Close Up Look at Anna & Elsa in OUaT" where it showed Elsa's feet}

I know for a fact I had to get the shoes footpainted on when I did the singalong at Disney World a few months ago; {the shoes really pinched my feet badly, so the makeup department just went and painted the shoes on; It was so realistic nobody knew I was barefoot!}

Once Family Fued: I think if you're dead you're automatically posted as a WINNER due to death, or a WINNER WITH A BULLET or something

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I thought Georgina was given flats for those woods scenes ? {Saw the interview with Oh My Disney! and she showed off her outfit, her shoes were flats, not heels in that interview ? Wait no it was in the Olafvids video of "Close Up Look at Anna & Elsa in OUaT" where it showed Elsa's feet}

I know for a fact I had to get the shoes footpainted on when I did the singalong at Disney World a few months ago; {the shoes really pinched my feet badly, so the makeup department just went and painted the shoes on; It was so realistic nobody knew I was barefoot!}

Once Family Fued: I think if you're dead you're automatically posted as a WINNER due to death, or a WINNER WITH A BULLET or something

She may have had flats at some point but I know i've seen a twitter photo (I don't remember from who) about boots now. It may be because it's now the end of october in BC and her feet were getting cold in the flats.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of very good Elsa convention cosplays ruined by accurate shoes that the cosplayer couldn't actually wear for more than a few hours.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 12:43 AM
She may have had flats at some point but I know i've seen a twitter photo (I don't remember from who) about boots now. It may be because it's now the end of october in BC and her feet were getting cold in the flats.

Honestly I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of very good Elsa convention cosplays ruined by accurate shoes that the cosplayer couldn't actually wear for more than a few hours.

The only Elsa convention, if you want to call it that, I've been to is at Disney World. My brother even got a picture with her and said he was completely tongue tied too! I don't blame him, both OUaT and film version are both dropdead gorgeous to begin with! I've seen a few pictures on deviantART of a few Elsa cosplayers, but personally, nobody looks as good as Georgina for the part! Or those chosen by the disney company at the parks for the Meet & Greets.

How recent was the photo ? Also I do know that even though on the OUaT wiki that it says that filnming for season four is still occuring, that Elsa was supposed to be in NINE episodes, with Anna in as many as eight and Kristoff in as many as six, but now they're listing on Elsa's page that she's pretty much in the first half the season completely {all 11 episodes} And from an interview I recently read, I think it was Entertainment Weekly or similar wherein they asked how many Episodes Elsa was going to be in and one of the producers said 15 in total ? I do not remember it completely

Though I do wonder now; how deep in the doghouse will Rumps be when Belle figures out his lies ?

QUICK FOLKS PICK YOUR TEAMS: Place your bets now on how deep Rumps goes in the doghouse on the next Once: Family Fued!

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 12:50 AM
It was in the last two weeks, I am sorry I don't remember more detail. They were blue sparkly ankle boots with laces. It may be that she was called back for reshoots especially if the extended Ep 8 wasn't planned to start with but is really an expanded one hour script.

I've seen some descent Elsa cosplayers at cons, but frankly the Anna's are usually better. It's really hard for an actual person to pull off that dress as well as Georgina Haig. I know there is a really amazing screen accurate Once cosplayer from the Vancouver area I saw at FanExpo Vancouver last April. She has tracked down the exact same fabric that the costume department used and had roped in a friend to wear one of her costumes. It was a season 1 black Evil Queen getup and a Red Riding Hood costume. Only time I've ever really wanted to ask to touch another cosplayer but I didn't want to be creepy.

I've a picture of them somewhere, it looks weird though, because I'm dressed up as a female doctor who and it's one of these things doesn't belong kind of thing.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 12:56 AM
It was in the last two weeks, I am sorry I don't remember more detail. They were blue sparkly ankle boots with laces. It may be that she was called back for reshoots especially if the extended Ep 8 wasn't planned to start with but is really an expanded one hour script.

I've seen some descent Elsa cosplayers at cons, but frankly the Anna's are usually better. It's really hard for an actual person to pull off that dress as well as Georgina Haig. I know there is a really amazing screen accurate Once cosplayer from the Vancouver area I saw at FanExpo Vancouver last April. She has tracked down the exact same fabric that the costume department used and had roped in a friend to wear one of her costumes. It was a season 1 black Evil Queen getup and a Red Riding Hood costume. Only time I've ever really wanted to ask to touch another cosplayer but I didn't want to be creepy.

I've a picture of them somewhere, it looks weird though, because I'm dressed up as a female doctor who and it's one of these things doesn't belong kind of thing.

OK yeah I think I saw those boots recently too. I think either Adam or Georgina herself posted a instagram about it. Yeah it was Georgina; I'm looking at them now, they look nice! {they're flats too!} So yeah I can understand the need for boots, {November in Canada = Norway in winter baiscally}

Now the cosplayers, they're not just kids either, these ones at Disney World down in Florida; oh man, First day at the Frozen Summerr Fun Event I went to, let me try to remember.... there were SEVENTEEN ADULT Cosplayers, as Elsa. from the film. And I kept wondering "Where's Georgina ? Where is Queen Elsa from OUaT ??"

And I recall hearing that the dress Georgina wears is imported silk with imported AUSTIRAN crystals woven into it! {Did they ever get it down from eight pieces though ? I mean seriously I have a Disney Costuming department dress made right from the OUaT dress design that Georgina wears and its two pieces {dress + corset&cape}; I honestly can't imagine the thing in more than two pieces to put on!}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 12:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKEEGFJrfg here is a video from last month touring the costumes detailing Georgina's Once costume. I'm actually intrigued about when she's going to wear the coronation outfit.

Edit: Alas I don't have the body for cosplaying either sister. Or really anyone from Once except Granny. I mostly do Doctor Who and Steampunk.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:02 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frKEEGFJrfg here is a video from last month touring the costumes detailing Georgina's Once costume. I'm actually intrigued about when she's going to wear the coronation outfit.

Edit: Alas I don't have the body for cosplaying either sister. Or really anyone from Once except Granny. I mostly do Doctor Who and Steampunk.

Wait; the coronation outfit ?? SERIOUSLY ? I thought she got rid of that when she remade her dress in the film ?? How are they going to pull that off ? Elsa's queen and even changed her clothing in the movie, so.... going back to the coronation outfit HAS to be in a memory flashback. Otherwise it wont make sense

On the terms of cosplaying, I plan on going as Elsa for Halloween; just need the shoes, might just wear sandals though or go barefoot; I got both dresses {Film version {identical colors} and OUaT version {colors are identical to the film version}} Best thing about it for me is that I need only to put my hair in a braid and et volia, I'm Elsa :D {naturally white haired}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Wait; the coronation outfit ?? SERIOUSLY ? I thought she got rid of that when she remade her dress in the film ?? How are they going to pull that off ? Elsa's queen and even changed her clothing in the movie, so.... going back to the coronation outfit HAS to be in a memory flashback. Otherwise it wont make sense

They made a coronation outfit. Who knows why but it's right there in the video. I thought it was odd too as she's not changed her clothes at all in the week she's been in Storybrooke.

OT: I can do a dead on Victoria Hand from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD with just adding the streaks into my hair, but like I said, no one wants to see me in that Elsa dress. ;)

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:09 AM
They made a coronation outfit. Who knows why but it's right there in the video. I thought it was odd too as she's not changed her clothes at all in the week she's been in Storybrooke.

OT: I can do a dead on Victoria Hand from Marvel's Agents of SHIELD with just adding the streaks into my hair, but like I said, no one wants to see me in that Elsa dress. ;)

Well; if you ever find a video on youtube of the First Time In Forever A Frozen Singalong Celebration with an asian Elsa, that might be me dependingo n the date taken/uploaded {I only did the part twice a day for a week {last week of August}}

But yeah I do not understand why they made the coronation outfit though; Unless its for a flashback memory or something ? honestly I want to see it on Georgina now!

EDIT: But yeah, she's been in Storybrooke ONE WEEK: and I honestly wonder how she manages to sleep at night..... I mean that dress is noteably warm, the cape acts as a pretty good blanket too I'd think; {I know mine does!!}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:17 AM
But yeah, she's been in Storybrooke ONE WEEK: and I honestly wonder how she manages to sleep at night..... I mean that dress is noteably warm, the cape acts as a pretty good blanket too I'd think; {I know mine does!!}

I find the fact that she hasn't changed clothes apparently in 5 years (or is it 3?) since the movie a little odd. But from a TV business point of view I'm sure they want to make sure that if you are channel flipping you'd recognize her right away. Otherwise it's terribly impractical and they've never done that before. Ariel changes clothes out of her mermaid skirts every time she comes ashore in Storybrooke. Also, how many people are staying in the Charming apartment right now?

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:20 AM
I find the fact that she hasn't changed clothes apparently in 5 years (or is it 3?) since the movie a little odd. But from a TV business point of view I'm sure they want to make sure that if you are channel flipping you'd recognize her right away. Otherwise it's terribly impractical and they've never done that before. Ariel changes clothes out of her mermaid skirts every time she comes ashore in Storybrooke. Also, how many people are staying in the Charming apartment right now?

Uh...... Snow, David, Baby Neal, Henry, Emma, Hook { I think ?}, Elsa {David apparently wont let her out of his sight because he owes Anna big time from what I read lately}

I'd think that Elsa has a few of those dresses, maybe makes a new one when she needs it ? I do not remember any ice crystals on her shoulders or around her neck like a collar {as on the OUaT dress itself}; there aren't any snowflakes on her helbows of the dress {my dresses I have though both have the snowflake pattern on the arms. and my OUaT dress is also made of the same cloth as Georginas apparently}

In terms of timekeeping since the film its two years; saying it was Five years later being that THREE years after her parents were lost at sea Elsa took the crown, two years later their OUaT story begins. I assume this at least

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:22 AM
I don't think Hook is living there because he had to go there to pick her up for the date. But no wonder Henry wanted to go stay in Regina's big empty house. If Regina would open the door I wouldn't be surprised if Emma wanted to crash there too. No one sleeps in a house with a newborn.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:25 AM
Personally speaking I do not think Elsa is getting any sleep; too many nightmares {think about being inside an urn, in a dreamlike state. Uh... here for example http://fav.me/d82m9s4 Unable to figure out where you are or wake up. Just whiteness, and memories haunting you constantly} And then there you have it.

But that's just me thinknig that. For all I know if I'm right I might claim royalites on the plot. Maybe.

Or maybe Elsa is too focused on finding Anna and a way back home to really care about sleeping ?

EDIT: before you ask; yes I made that image

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I'm REALLY wondering about the how she can get home. She was in the urn at LEAST 30 years and maybe as much as 35 depending on how much time takes place between David becoming Prince James and the casting of the first curse.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:31 AM
OK, time wise; you just threw me off, 30 years in the thing ? OK yeah, Elsa would indeed be peeved off for sure then upon getting free!! I'm thinking; personally, at least five years at the most; it does not take long for a sheperd to become a prince to the right woman!

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Just curious, have you been watching Once from the beginning or did you just come in for the Frozen storyline? Not disrespectful, just trying to figure out how much you might need to have explained.

There is 28 years from the first curse, and we know that she went into the urn before the first curse. She was in there at some point around the time David first became a Prince but it's not clear how much time elapsed between when he first met Snow White (in the season 3 final) and when they gave birth to Emma (in the Pilot). I'm guessing a couple of years for all the events to unfold but I could be wrong. It's been about 2 years in show time since time started again in the pilot. So that means she's been away from her kingdom at least 30 and maybe as much as 35 years.

Now she did not experience all that time in the urn because she time traveled in the urn, but she did have to have spent a couple of years in the urn herself (even with the time travel) if she perceived time in there.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Second curse actually according to some interviews and on the wiki; After the second curse is setup; Elsa is somehow in the urn at that time. So thirty years is a bit out there for my liking. Elsa wont be happy, I know I'm not. So the second curse seems more plausible to me for her to have been entrapped.

Apparently it is around the time of the second curse being cast when she ends up in the urn I assume.

How long ago was the second curse cast ?

I got hooked on OUaT upon seeing teasers and previews and promo photos so I started from ep one of the first season, still waiting for the third season to get on shelf for me to pick up.

EDIT: Ok the wiki is too hard to figure out timekeeping; geez no years or months or dates/times anything. Gah!

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 01:48 AM
EDIT: Ok the wiki is too hard to figure out timekeeping; geez no years or months or dates/times anything. Gah!

It's because they've never put concrete years in any of the flashbacks. The problem is that the third season final/time travel story where she's in the urn and gets pulled into Storybrooke takes place before the first curse. She was in Rumple's dark vault during the events of 3.21/3.22 (and pre timeline change 1.03). No way was she put into it between the curses.

Second curse only lasts a few weeks. Season 3A (the first eleven eps) take place over the course of about 10 days at most. The events of 3B (the second eleven) take place over the course of a maximum of a few weeks. There is a 1 year gap between 3A and 3B.

EDIT: The second curse runs the course of 3B.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 01:51 AM
And the first curse lasted 28 years because of Emma, this I recall in season one, I do not think time can be preciveed within the urn, so for all Elsa knows, she's timelost and used to her own stuff. Man, I really hope she gets home to the right timeline good and properly.

So wait; everything that happens during the frozen storyline take place BEFORE the first curse {Tale of Two Sisters} and after the second curse {White Out} ?

New question: Does time even go by in the Enchanted Forest to begin with ?

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 02:01 AM
Everything in the flashbacks of the Frozen storyline (Anna in the Enchanted Forest, Elsa going after her but before she ends up in the urn) occurs before the first curse. The Storybrooke present time events take place after the breaking of the second curse.

Timeline goes something like this...

A-The girls parents die in the wreck (the movie and Tale of Two Sisters)
B-The events of the movie happen
C-Anna is engaged, heads to the enchanted forest before her wedding.
D-Elsa follows
E-Anna has her adventures in the enchanted forest (with David and Rumple)
F-David is made Prince James (Season 1, the Shepard)
G-He meets Snow White (Events of the season three final)
H-Time Travel Happens (so she has to be in the urn now and sometime before the events of F)
I-Snow and David run around, sleeping curses happen, cavorting with dwarfs happens ect.
J-Snow is woken from the Sleeping Curse, she and David wage war on King George and the Evil Queen. Defeat both.
K-The queen threatens snow on her wedding day.
L-9 months later the baby is born, First Curse.
M-First curse lasts 28 years
N-1 year for the contemporary events of season 1
O-Somewhere between a couple of months and a couple of weeks for the events of season 2 (I favor months).
P-10 days for the Neverland plot 3A
Q-1 year passes where Emma and Henry are in New York and everyone else is in the Enchanted Forest.
R-A few weeks passes during the second curse. Maybe a month or two.
S-Second curse broken, events of 3.18 through 3.22 occur in a two day period, including the time travel and Elsa's arrival.
T-Contemporary Season 4.

Edit: I liked season 3 a lot, it's actually my favorite season, but other than the time travel that happens in the last two episodes your 2 seasons of watching should be enough to follow that. But I'm a Regina fangirl and I love her redemption arc in that season.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 02:09 AM
OK; I think it makes sense now. According to the wiki the timeline for the second curse lasted exactly 8 months before it too was broken.

OK, so, the memories of Arendelle happen during the events leading up to the first curse; I'm under the assuming that Elsa ended up in the urn somehow just before the first curse began {trapped into the urn, then delivered to Rumps, he puts it in his dark vault where time does not touch anything in there, from what I understand the first curse itself does not touch anything in there too ? Or does it become his shop ?? {never could figure that part out}}, like maybe a day or two BEFORE the curse was cast on Emmas birthday {"Pilot"}

I don't think time passes inside the urn, so for Elsa for all she knew {were she released in her own home} it'd been a few minutes maybe a day to her inside the urn ? Feel free to correct if I'm wrong I'm just assuming here is all.

And thank you Major Fischer, your timeline tracker here is extremely helpful for me to figure out the wiki :) *hugs*

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 02:14 AM
She has to have been in the urn quite a bit before Emma's birthday in the pilot, because she travels from the past to Storybrooke in the urn right after the events of Snow Falls (1.03). Basically the season 3 final/time travel thing is a rewrite of Charming and Snow's first meeting.

I think you are right that time doesn't pass for her in the urn. Just that a LOT of time passed outside of it.

EDIT: And not a problem. I've literally just watched the entire show recently so it's all fresh.

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 02:18 AM
I should add that 8 months for the events of the second curse seems like a rather long time to me. They spend a while chasing the Oz plot but there isn't a lot of room for between episode space there.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 02:26 AM
Well, the OZ plot, the year in New York. etc. All sorts of time is convoluted that it is hard to follow, but thanks to your setup, I figured out some of it :)

And yeah, I do notthink any time passed for Elsa inside the urn itself; she was just either wandering aimlessly around like in my image that I made, or just stuck in a dreamstate, personally I like the idea of the Animus whiteroom/loading screen myself as it feels the most like in a state between wakefulness and dreaming.

And personally I really hope that there is some way, no strings attached, for Elsa to get back home where she belongs. I personally am rooting for stargems {if you wonder what they are, read the fanfiction story titled The Hobbit & The Snow Queen; wherein Elsa finds herself helping 13 Dwarves, a Wizard, and a Hobbit reclaim the Lonely Mountain. Its a VERY well written crossover. I personally enjoyed it}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 02:32 AM
I'm actually reasonably positive that one of the conditions of the Frozen characters appearing on Once is that they have to end up back where they are supposed to be in their correct timeline at the end. After all, nothing in the events in Once can interfere with Frozen 2.

Maybe the Hat as a Magical McGuffin, because they really can't just repeat the same time travel spell that happened at the end of season 3. Regina isn't loaning her heart out and I don't think anyone's putting any newborns on the line.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 02:38 AM
I'm actually reasonably positive that one of the conditions of the Frozen characters appearing on Once is that they have to end up back where they are supposed to be in their correct timeline at the end. After all, nothing in the events in Once can interfere with Frozen 2.

Maybe the Hat as a Magical McGuffin, because they really can't just repeat the same time travel spell that happened at the end of season 3. Regina isn't loaning her heart out and I don't think anyone's putting any newborns on the line.

Oo....... Not asking!

I personally hope..... wait, Frozen II ?? Seriously Disney comfirmed that ?? Oh iceshards they gotta make that movie a live action film {Think about it a second! Georgina Haig as Elsa, {Idina as singing voice though}, Elizabeth Lail as Anna, the same guys for Kristoff and Hans repsectively, and then we need either Sir Ian Holm or Christopher Lee for the Duke of Weselton!! Its perfect! We've our live action FROZEN cast now!!}

Anyhow back on topic: Yes, I personally am leaning towards stargems myself to send Elsa back home good and proper. {maybe its The defeating of the Snow Queen, Ingrid, Elsas self proclaimed aunt that activates a timeportal or some such to send Elsa back to Arendelle where she belongs ?} And yes, the producers {I think it was Adam that said it in the interview} said that the entire Frozen storyline was to be considered the "Most expensive fanfiction story ever.... of All time"

And amazingly Didn't Ressurection get cancelled or was that a different show ?

EDIT: *ice spikes form on her bed here due to mention of that.... pointy thing.....*

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Than I wont explain it. ;)

Just assume that the original time travel plot device can't be reused.

Disney's CEO has confirmed a short next year, and that there will be a Frozen 2, but no release date because animation takes a very long time. So one would have to assume animation.

Personally I really want to see Elsa and Regina interact, since they are the two magic users called monsters (once legitimately and one not), and I'm not sure how Regina would react to another queen in being around. We only got the short interaction around Marian in 4.03 and that was more about her being angry with Emma.

EDIT: Resurrection airs after Once at 9PM EST on Sundays, but both it and Revenge (Sundays at 10PM EST) are currently running iffy ratings.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/10/21/abc-predictions-forever-is-likely-to-be-canceled/315834/ is good way to see how ABC shows are doing relative to each other right now. That site publishes new rankings every tuesday afternoon.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 02:55 AM
Right, so the original time trave used can't be reused... *ice spikes ever so slowly begin to recede*. Unless the writers and producers just go "You know what ? Screw it, use what we did but make it more magical so it looks like something completely different to the naked eye!"

I recall in the film that Elsa was wrongly insulted by the Duke and called a monster; {honestly, Elsa was completely misunderstood, and rather then stand up for herself she fled. that only let the Duke fuel the flames} And yes Disney confirmed the short film, Frozen Fever, wherein there is another song, and Elsa, Enna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven are all in it too. Totally can't wait for that!!

But honestly I want a live action version of Frozen, Disney had done it before {Echanted some folks thought as a new take on the Cinderella story}; AND thanks to OUaT we got the CAST we need for the live action filming!! {they got Frozen on Ice, and a soon to be made musical for Broadway, so why not make a live action version with our OUaT visiting cast ?}

My only hope though is that Elsa can finally take down snow queen on her own and prove herself strong in her own right.

Besides, Elsa is a believer in the truth, in this case, Love Will Thaw. {she at first did not, but now she does, because of what her sister did for her}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I rewatched Frozen today since it'd been a couple of months since I saw it. Regina is quite legitimately a monster, or was, if she still is depends on how much she lets the darkness consume her. Think of dark magic in the Once world as a bit like the Dark Side of the Force. But she's a big old fire sorceress among other things, so it would be kind of interesting to see how the Elsa/Snow Queen plot plays out. Especially as Emma and Regina are apparently going to be wandering around the woods in tonight's ep looking for Dairy Queen.

Elsa is in no way dark, but given that the town's experience with magic users have been:

Rumple: Cursed Dark One.
Regina: (reformed maybe) Homicidal Megalomaniac
Pan: Homicidal Megalomaniac
Cora: Homicidal Megalomaniac
Zelena: Let's just call her a nut case who put the town through hell
Emma: Who they know and love but barely knows how to control her magic and has been reluctant to use it at all.

That's why Emma was so worried that the town was going to come for Elsa when they heard about the Marian curse.

All magic in the Once world comes at a cost as well. Often quite high.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 03:08 AM
And apparently because of her snow and ice magic, Elsa is considered a witchcraft type of magic user. Personally I see her powers as on the Chinese Five Elements of the Spirit Pearls {Air Purity, Water Purity, Earth Purity, Thunder Purity, Fire Purity; when compbined the six Spirit Pearl forms and is known as Holy Spirit Purity.} In this case I see Elsa being more of an Elemental user over wtchcraft user, personally speaking of course.

And yes, Elsa is not a dark magic user at all, she's like Luke Skywalker or Obi-Wan, Always focused on what is good for herself and sister.

Also in that preview from last week for this week, that ghostly thing made me think of Skyrim, and I am also worried for Elsa in tonights episode as well. What is Dairy Queen going to do to her tonight ? {Ice chains!! The heck ??}

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 03:20 AM
The people of Storybrooke would certainly classify Elsa as a magic user. I agree the specific sort is different, but light magic has been exceedingly rare on the show, so a lot of people in town think Magic=Evil.

But speaking of elemental users, this is Regina's favored attack method... (spoiler tag for screencaps)

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Mhm, Regina and Elsa both remind me of Skyrim in their magical abilites {in this case Fire based for Regina and Frost/Ice based for Elsa}

Is it sad I made BOTH Regina AND Elsa for Skyrim in the past month ? *stops standing up as she has to sleep else her kids will try to kill her {got 15 kitties that I refer to as my kids, so yeah....}*

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Not surprised. THey are convenient magic users for a lot of RPGs. I had a Vampire the Masquerade character a lot like Regina long before the show. And Elsa is loosely based on the Hans Christian Anderson story.

You sound very excited about Frozen. I'm glad. I'm glad the show seems to have attracted a fair number of new viewers because of it. I really hope they stay around. One of the things I like about it is the fact that despite being fairy tale characters, they're also so incredibly human. I also love that the show can take often two dimensional archetypes that are hundreds of years old and make them into something very modern.

Part of me is okay that they haven't twisted the Frozen characters they way they would normally be expected to because they are really modern disney with dimensionality preexisting that the old fairy tale characters don't. I mean Snow White in the original versions is a young teenager who can be tempted by something like beautiful apples.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 07:07 PM
OK; saw the promo for next week: and it only raises confusion for me over anything else. In this case, time keeping. We see the Coronation Dress {I will be honest, I fainted from the sheer prettiness!!} But in the terms of keeping time, How far back are they going now ? We saw the coronation dress in the film until Elsa took it down to its bare moloecular structiure before making her current dress. So what exactly is going on now ??

More questions than answers I guess. Or rather more confusion for me at least.

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Well, flashbacks on this show have only rarely been in order. They jump around a lot. So it may be a flashback to before the movie.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 07:15 PM
But that particular flashback MUST refer to the note in the bottle then just before Elsa is crowned queen ?

Did that make any sense ?

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 07:45 PM
It may. I mean the movie itself takes significant time jumps. I mean there is the period when they are really little, there is the period when Elsa is locked away but their parents are still alive. There is the time between the death of their parents and the coronation (3 years I watched the movie today). So the flashback could actually have been between the parents death and the coronation which was when she was wearing that dress.

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 07:52 PM
True the movie itself takes time jumps to proper periods. In fact the timeframe for the Frozen Storyline in OUaT takes place two years after the events of the movie.

Concerning next weeks episode, I managed to translate only scant info from Idun's last letter to her children. I got only this; "Do not trust him{?}, Do not go near it {the urn is mentioned here}" along with "If you find it, detroy it!" and finally "We love you Elsa, Anna{?}" Part of Annas name is cut off in the camera angle; then under that it says "Elsa, be a go...{?}" I'm assuming that her mother and father hope she leads properly.

I was able to translate that much from a brief careful glance. there's some words and numbers I can't make head or tail of though.

Major Fischer
October 26th, 2014, 08:18 PM
Thank you for the translation. Is it written in Norwegian?

Princess Awinita
October 26th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Angarthas yes; its a font I have on my laptop, spent the better part of a WEEK trying to find it. {two versions, Angarthas, and Angarthas Moria} Apparently, Idun wrote in Angarthas Moria because I was easier to understand most of it until some words weresingle letters that I could not translate whatsoever.

So yeah I think Norse runes; though personally I prefer Kudzul myself because it sounds cooler

EDIT: you're welcome btw;I saw the promo and went "I GOT THAT FONT *translates and writes it similar to Gandalf reading the Book of Marzabul*"

garhkal
October 27th, 2014, 02:43 PM

If we went with the dead we could get on team rumpy
Pan (rumble's dad)
Rumple
Neil/bale fire
Henry
and Belle

Then on the opposite team we could have
Regina
Cora
Emma
Snow
Prince charming

Everything in the flashbacks of the Frozen storyline (Anna in the Enchanted Forest, Elsa going after her but before she ends up in the urn) occurs before the first curse. The Storybrooke present time events take place after the breaking of the second curse.

Fischer.. Nice timeline rundown.

Major Fischer
October 27th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Thanks. I think given the previews for next week's episode suggest that the flashback events of 4.06 occur before Skin Deep. But without reference two Snow, Charming, Ruby or the Dwarfs it's actually quite hard to place the EF flashbacks in some sort of order. I'd be inclined to think that Elsa ended up in the urn before Anna returned to Arendelle.

Princess Awinita
October 27th, 2014, 05:18 PM
*sneaks in a AWESOME picture of Elsa's coronation dress* (http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/once/gallery5/gallery6/hires/3.jpg)

Princess Awinita
October 28th, 2014, 02:09 PM
An interesting thought just struck me concerning the time keeping and time travel. I'll keep it brief

Basically, Elsa lands in the urn somehow. Before the curse, before Emma is born. BUT; Emma and Hook came back through time to a time BEFORE Snow and Charming ever met! Meaning that Elsa was put in the urn somehow before Snow and Charming met, but then got transported to Storybrooke by Hooks moving the urn to pull it through the timeportal. So, my thinking is, since Emma and Hook were in the past for eight weeks {according to wiki timeline that was how long it went, two months exactly} And they unknowningly took Elsa with them back to storybrooke.

My thinking now is, that because of Hooks and Emmas actions, Elsa was in the urn for as as little as a year to possibly two years ?

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this. This is all based on personal speculation and the time travel from the third season

Major Fischer
October 28th, 2014, 03:38 PM
That seems possible from her POV yes.

Princess Awinita
October 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
I debated it with a friend before posting it, she agreed with my thought that its possible to be that way, so she'd really only be in the urn {originally had Emma and Hook not shown up and moved it} 30 years. Said that at best Elsa would have then been in th urn exactly either 9 weeks minimum, or one year at the most before season threes time travel event occurred.

For all I know I could be completely wrong or dead right.

Morgania
November 4th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I thought Emma and Hook were only back in time for a couple days.

hedwig
November 4th, 2014, 06:37 PM

My thought, too. :)

Princess Awinita
November 4th, 2014, 07:12 PM

Nope: eight weeks according to the wiki and show creators. So two months

Morgania
November 4th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Nope: eight weeks according to the wiki and show creators. So two months

The official (ABC) wiki? It didn't seem like that long.

Princess Awinita
November 4th, 2014, 08:03 PM
The onceuponatimeabc wiki ? No not that one.

Time in the show, period, is so convoluted its near impossible to keep proper track

pscard
January 24th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Marvel will explore Once Upon a Time origin stories in new graphic novel (http://www.blastr.com/2015-1-22/marvel-unveils-venoms-new-revamped-look-guardians-galaxy)

rushy
February 5th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Maybe we'll get comics someday too.

pscard
February 25th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Season 4 promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdv_Yswwbcs

garhkal
February 25th, 2015, 10:25 PM
When Rumple was forced out, i thought part of that barrier/curse was they didn't want/couldn't come back in? So how is the season opener being with him and the 3 evil queens coming into story brook?

Also if rumple never left storybrook other than when he went out with Emma to find Baelfire (neil), how is it he knew who and WHERE those 3 evil witches were located?

Britta
February 26th, 2015, 03:09 AM
I'm not so sure Rumple does return looking at that promo. Perhaps he sends the Queens of Darkness in to work his plan and arrange a way for him to return. Since they haven't left, they aren't prevented from entering.

pscard
February 26th, 2015, 11:15 AM
When Rumple was forced out, i thought part of that barrier/curse was they didn't want/couldn't come back in? So how is the season opener being with him and the 3 evil queens coming into story brook?

Also if rumple never left storybrook other than when he went out with Emma to find Baelfire (neil), how is it he knew who and WHERE those 3 evil witches were located?
It's possible he stayed in contact with them in case he was forced to leave Storybrooke. When have we ever known him to not have a backup plan?

garhkal
February 26th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I'm not so sure Rumple does return looking at that promo. Perhaps he sends the Queens of Darkness in to work his plan and arrange a way for him to return. Since they haven't left, they aren't prevented from entering.

But i was more on about, i thought that once he stepped through, he would not only not wish to return, but not remember story brook.

dragongirl
February 26th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I don't think it is that they don't want to go back but they can't. When Rumple and even Robin walked across the town line when they looked back they couldn't see anyone standing there even though they were.

pscard
February 26th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Occupation speculation.

We saw in the last episode that the Sea Witch was working in an aquarium and I'm guessing that Cruella De Vil will be a dog catcher.

What about Maleficent? Whaddya think?

Linda06
March 4th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Is this show worth watching. Ive seen some mixed reviews about it so not sure whether to give it a chance.

dragongirl
March 4th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I think it is. Season 1 is my personal fave but I am still interested in what happens next with all the characters there are some issues I have with stuff that has happened but for me it is not enough to make me turn away from it.

jelgate
March 4th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I like the earlier seasons as well. Ever since OUAT has started doing midseason breaks I think the quality of the show has declined

garhkal
March 5th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Same here. S1 and 2 were the best yet.

Princess Awinita
April 17th, 2015, 01:28 PM
As of this afternoon, Once Upon a Time has been RENEWED by ABC for a 5th season; filming is to begin on 6 July 2015 {my 114th birthday too!!}

jelgate
April 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM
I would say I am surprised but I am not. Glory be to the syndication gods

hedwig
April 17th, 2015, 02:15 PM
As of this afternoon, Once Upon a Time has been RENEWED by ABC for a 5th season; filming is to begin on 6 July 2015 {my 114th birthday too!!}

I figured it would happen, but was a teeny bit uncertain. *does happy dance* :D

dragongirl
April 17th, 2015, 03:02 PM
I am happy to hear that I was a bit worried we wouldn't get another season :D

rushy
April 18th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Glad to hear it! I'm really enjoying season 4.

garhkal
April 19th, 2015, 12:43 PM
So anyone got any thoughts about what the 5th season's big bad will be?

rushy
April 20th, 2015, 01:12 AM
So anyone got any thoughts about what the 5th season's big bad will be?

The Sorcerer, maybe?

garhkal
April 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Maybe Lucy!

rushy
April 21st, 2015, 12:22 AM
Maybe Lucy!

I doubt it. They're not going to risk losing their ratings by putting some unknown as their new main bad guy. It's going to be a recognized Disney icon.

pscard
April 21st, 2015, 05:45 PM
So anyone got any thoughts about what the 5th season's big bad will be?They did Doctor Frankenstein, so why not Dracula? Although, that may push the ratings down now that I think of it.

poundpuppy29
April 27th, 2015, 07:33 PM
yay 5th season very happy :weiranime17:

Princess Awinita
April 29th, 2015, 12:05 AM
Man the episode numbering is confusing; so Adam cleared it up on his twitter; 22 titled episodes, but 23 hours long, one of those episodes is listed as 4x08A and 4x08B, thusly making Episode Smash the Mirror a single episode in the epsiode numbering, the episodes that are titled are to end with episode 4x22: Operation Mongoose part 2

Man its so confusing even when he explained it, my mind pretty much shut itself off

pscard
April 29th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Things just got a bit more complicated with Robin.

majorsal
May 4th, 2015, 07:38 PM
the coming attractions for next weeks ep look really interesting! :p

rushy
May 5th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Oh yes they do. But it doesn't really seem like the villains are getting their happy endings and can now do whatever the want, more like the villains just replacing the heroes and vice versa.

garhkal
May 5th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I am wondering who is going to 'reverse things' to put them right?

dragongirl
May 5th, 2015, 03:16 PM
I am thinking Belle but considering how they little they ever use her I am betting I am wrong.

rushy
May 6th, 2015, 01:48 AM
It's going to be Henry, the writers have teased him becoming a proper hero for once and he was in the Enchanted Forest in the promo.

mr_kennedy
May 7th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Im glad that it got renewed :)

Princess Awinita
May 10th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Ahem...... *clears throat*

7 May 2015:
ABC has renewed for the fall lineup; Castle {for 8th season}, Once Upon a Time {for a 5th {possibly last} season}, Black-ish {Need to double check this one, I heard it was on the renew list} plus a few noteable others. It is also rumored that Heros & Villains, as it appears in the season finale may be published as an actual book similar to the Nikki Heat series; this however has not been confirmed or denied.

dragongirl
May 11th, 2015, 07:18 AM
I would totally buy Heroes & Villains if it were to be published. I wouldn't say no to the original Once Upon a Time book either

rushy
May 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I would totally buy Heroes & Villains if it were to be published. I wouldn't say no to the original Once Upon a Time book either

Ditto. It would be the greatest fanfic novel ever.

garhkal
May 11th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Technically it wouldn't be Fanfic though.

But interesting that they put it as "5th (and possibly last) season".

dragongirl
May 11th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Well they have not had the numbers that they have had in previous seasons and really how much longer can they go?

Princess Awinita
May 11th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Season 4 premired with a 10.20 rating in terms of viewers; the finale has no ratings listing as yet those are still coming in; the season premire for season four thanks in part to the Frozen storyline; had given Once its best opening since season 1 I believe; The lowest ratings for the season was in Sympathy for the De Vil; with a 5.12 rating; lowest I've seen for any tv series to be honest. Depending on the ratings information for the finale, season five may be the last season.

The Nikki Heat series was for fun of it to promote Castle, I think they can do the same with Once they already got Reawakened {a retelling of season one} so why not make Heros and Villains a novel from the show like they did with Castle ?

garhkal
May 12th, 2015, 03:30 PM
Well they have not had the numbers that they have had in previous seasons and really how much longer can they go?

True, what is there left for them to explore.
BUT at least we now know the name of the 'sorcerer;.. Merlin!

dragongirl
May 12th, 2015, 04:08 PM
I was a tad disappointed by that not the sorcerer I thought it would be but they went typical sadly

garhkal
May 13th, 2015, 02:26 PM
Come again???

rushy
May 15th, 2015, 11:55 PM

No, I meant the greatest novel to WRITE your fanfic in.
Also, I agree with dragongirl. Merlin has been done to death.
As for Princess Awinita, I have seen, far, FAR lower ratings. Lower than 1.0. But I doubt that would ever happen to a show with a fandom as stubborn as OUAT's.

dragongirl
May 16th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Since they first mentioned the Sorcerer my Disney heart was happy because that meant Yensid and then when they finally name him it was Merlin ugh. Yensid deserves some love too plus it would be more fitting considering the hat and the apprentice belong to him not Merlin.

Princess Awinita
May 16th, 2015, 01:56 PM
Since they first mentioned the Sorcerer my Disney heart was happy because that meant Yensid and then when they finally name him it was Merlin ugh. Yensid deserves some love too plus it would be more fitting considering the hat and the apprentice belong to him not Merlin.

Fan speculation has Yen Sid being the Apprentice himself as the landlord of the Apprentice's home was named Yen Sid, and Merlin {as dumb as it sounds to me} is the Sorcerer; Personally I prefer the name Dastan over Merlin, Merlin had his own TV show!

But yes they do list it as a 5th and possibly last season, not many shows these days make it past season five!

garhkal
May 16th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Well.. If they had a 6th and 7th, what would they focus on??

rushy
May 19th, 2015, 06:20 AM

Does it even matter at this point? Just bring in Scar from The Lion King as a new villain and have a subplot about Rumple trying to scavenge magic from others, there, you now have 11 episodes!

Morgania
May 25th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Where was baby Neal for the latter half of season four?

hedwig
May 25th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Where was baby Neal for the latter half of season four?

I've been wondering that, too. Next time we see him, he'll probably be a teenager. :p

Princess Awinita
May 25th, 2015, 03:39 PM
In the season four finale, Baby Neal was actually Belle and Rumples baby boy in the AU story; this was confirmed by Jane Espenson

dragongirl
May 26th, 2015, 09:35 AM
That would make since he was named after Rumple's son after all

Spimman
May 26th, 2015, 10:43 AM

I do enjoy final seasons when the writers knew all along it was the final season, usually.

pscard
May 26th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Henry would become the new Dark One and Rumple sacrifices his life to free him.

dragongirl
May 26th, 2015, 05:38 PM
They have not done Lion King yet or the Black Cauldron I wouldn't mind seeing the Horned King as a villain

garhkal
May 27th, 2015, 06:34 PM
That makes me think. What other villans/heroes for disney have they left out?

rushy
May 28th, 2015, 02:40 AM
That makes me think. What other villans/heroes for disney have they left out?

Davy Jones.

dragongirl
May 28th, 2015, 10:23 AM
The Bear from Brave (who's name I forget at the moment) they could show him before he became a bear. Hades

Morgania
May 28th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Davy Jones.

Killian's father or uncle, maybe? (I think Mordu was that bear.)

dragongirl
May 28th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah that was his name :o clearly I need to watch that movie again

hedwig
June 10th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Sunday, September 27, is the date Season 5 will begin to air.

Princess Awinita
June 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Robin Hood {Sean Meguire {if I spelled that wrong, feel free to zap me}} and Zelena {Rebecca Mader} have been cast as season regulars for season five, casting call is out for Merlin

hedwig
June 10th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Robin Hood {Sean Meguire {if I spelled that wrong, feel free to zap me}} and Zelena {Rebecca Mader} have been cast as season regulars for season five, casting call is out for Merlin

ZAP! It's Maguire. You were close, though. :p

rushy
June 11th, 2015, 04:58 AM
I thought they'd never get around to it. Robin practically took over the moment Neal left.
Not so sure about Zelena though. Her entire comeback didn't really serve any purpose in 4B and her plan's been pretty much botched too. What's left for her to do?

dragongirl
June 11th, 2015, 10:00 AM
I feel the same way happy that Robin will be a regular not sure that I am all for Zelena being around regularly I mean I can see where she would have a place but as a reg I am not sure

Everlovin
June 11th, 2015, 06:41 PM
They have not done Lion King yet or the Black Cauldron I wouldn't mind seeing the Horned King as a villain

As much as I despise that movie, I love the books. Arawn (from the books) would be an awesome baddie!

Sunday, September 27, is the date Season 5 will begin to air.

Yay! Must save up pennies for dvds of all the seasons.

majorsal
June 11th, 2015, 06:42 PM
i think zelena's purpose is (guesstimating spoilers) to end up giving regina her baby with robin. i think zelena will end up dying, and her and regina will make up/come to an understanding first.

garhkal
June 12th, 2015, 08:41 PM

So.. Who do we want for Merlin?

Morgania
June 13th, 2015, 03:08 PM
So.. Who do we want for Merlin?

Sir Ian McKellen? But he might be too expensive. Cliff Simon, because that would amuse me greatly. Or maybe Paul McGillion.

Princess Awinita
June 13th, 2015, 03:20 PM
The casting call for Merlin is describing him as "an african-american with a british accent and longish hair" Personally I want either Sir Ian McKellen or Jake Gyllenhall myself

hedwig
June 13th, 2015, 08:49 PM
The casting call for Merlin is describing him as "an african-american with a british accent and longish hair" Personally I want either Sir Ian McKellen or Jake Gyllenhall myself

How about Sam Neill (of the Jurassic Park movies)? He played Merlin in a TV movie a number of years ago.

garhkal
June 13th, 2015, 09:16 PM

?? Why the heck are they going for an African American to play merlin?? That would be akin imo to getting a Pacific islander to play King Arthur, or an Asian lass to play Lady Guenevere.

Princess Awinita
June 13th, 2015, 10:20 PM
How about Sam Neill (of the Jurassic Park movies)? He played Merlin in a TV movie a number of years ago.

Now there's a good actor, I liked that movie! Plus it makes sense!

jelgate
June 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Most of the fairy tale characters we grew up with are white. That's not an accurate portrayal of the world we live in. So it really doesn't bother me from a story perspective to have a minority play Merlin.

dragongirl
June 15th, 2015, 09:21 AM
I can see that I am a little surprised by that too but if that is what they want...

garhkal
June 15th, 2015, 12:44 PM
Most of the fairy tale characters we grew up with are white. That's not an accurate portrayal of the world we live in. So it really doesn't bother me from a story perspective to have a minority play Merlin.

But when all the history for that character shows him as a white englishman, it imo does not make any sense to have him played by a black. Just like if say i was going to make a tv show about camelot, i wouldn't cast a pacific islander female to play Lancelot.

hedwig
June 15th, 2015, 12:57 PM
But when all the history for that character shows him as a white englishman, it imo does not make any sense to have him played by a black. Just like if say i was going to make a tv show about camelot, i wouldn't cast a pacific islander female to play Lancelot.

Lancelot was portrayed by a black man. So was Poseidon. So, I guess, why not Merlin? :)

jelgate
June 15th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I'm okay with pacific islander. Female is just you being silly.

Morgania
June 15th, 2015, 08:06 PM
Hmmm... Michael Dorn? Avery Brooks? Chris Judge?

rushy
June 17th, 2015, 12:51 PM
I'd love to see Terry O'Quinn portray Merlin. I mean, they've probably already picked out an actor(remember, we saw Merlin in that cauldron thing), but if I had to choose any actor, I'd go with O'Quinn. I loved him the most in Lost and the idea of him and Carlyle(who is basically the John Locke of the OUAT universe anyway) facing off is too awesome.

hedwig
June 17th, 2015, 01:11 PM
Morgan Freeman or Samuel L. Jackson - if they could afford either of them. :)

Princess Awinita
June 18th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Morgan Freeman or Samuel L. Jackson - if they could afford either of them. :)

So let me get this right, the voice of God himself playing Merlin.......

I can see that happening

garhkal
June 19th, 2015, 01:57 PM
I'm okay with pacific islander. Female is just you being silly.

I am not though. Butchering a character by making him another ethnicity, just to (IMO) appease people (which is what this smacks as to my perception) is something i have come to hate. Its why a lot of modern TV comedies i don't watch, cause they all seem to need to have that one gay or transgendered person, to hit a specific 'demographic wicket'.

jelgate
June 19th, 2015, 03:05 PM
That to me that is like people who criticized Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury who has largely been a white character. He has been wonderful playing Fury. That is all that should matter. That the actor has a believable portrayal of the character

rushy
June 19th, 2015, 03:33 PM
It's a battle you can't really win. I'm for good actors getting good roles(especially since I am learning to be an actor right now), but at the same time, I would knock any director on the head who thinks Santa Claus should be played by someone of another ethnicity. Or heck, if someone tried to make a biopic of ME someday except I'm played by a black guy. Because news flash: Santa ain't Asian and I ain't black. It's not a "traditional" thing, it's just not who Santa is or who I am. It's like turning Bugs Bunny into a duck and saying "well, the duck played the role well and we do have a demographic to pander to so let's hire him!"

hedwig
June 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
How about Dennis Haysbert (the voice of the Allstate commercials), or Danny Glover? Or Ron Glass (Shepherd Book on "Firefly")?

jelgate
June 20th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Could they really afford Danny Glover? He seems to high profile

hedwig
June 20th, 2015, 06:43 PM
Probably not, but the other two are primarily TV actors, so maybe they could afford one of them. :)

Princess Awinita
June 20th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Ron Glass makes sense, plus he's a well known face to most TV show fans. Honestly at times I've expected him to show up on an Episode of Castle

jelgate
June 20th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Probably not, but the other two are primarily TV actors, so maybe they could afford one of them. :)

That I agree with. I really like using the Allstate guy

hedwig
June 22nd, 2015, 04:49 PM
How about Chris Judge? :P

Princess Awinita
June 23rd, 2015, 12:40 PM
They're looking for someone with a british accent for Merlin, Ron Glass to me has it

They are also casting Rumples mother, currently named Evanna

garhkal
June 23rd, 2015, 03:33 PM
How about Dennis Haysbert (the voice of the Allstate commercials), or Danny Glover? Or Ron Glass (Shepherd Book on "Firefly")?

All three are great black actors, but i would not like them to play Merlin. I just see him as a white male anglosaxon magician.

dragongirl
June 23rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
I saw the casting call for Evanna it looks like Rumple took after his daddy after reading what they wanted of her. I am very curious to see who gets the part and finally seeing his mother

hedwig
June 23rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
All three are great black actors, but i would not like them to play Merlin. I just see him as a white male anglosaxon magician.

Me too. But apparently the producers of Once are looking for an African American actor with a British accent, if that makes any sense. :) Shouldn't that be an "African British" actor? :)

dragongirl
June 23rd, 2015, 05:12 PM
Too bad Idris Elba is too busy for the next few years I could see him in the part of Merlin

garhkal
June 24th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Me too. But apparently the producers of Once are looking for an African American actor with a British accent, if that makes any sense. :)

And to me they are wrong for that.

jelgate
June 24th, 2015, 03:53 PM
I disagree unless race is going to play a part in the story. I don't see that being the case. Its the actor who plays the part the best no matter what his race is.

garhkal
June 25th, 2015, 12:06 AM
I guess we will have to agree to disagree there.

Princess Awinita
July 4th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Apparently King Arthur has been cast according to Adam Horowitz via twitter

Morgania
July 4th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Is there going to be a Gawain? Please tell me there will be.

garhkal
July 4th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Apparently King Arthur has been cast according to Adam Horowitz via twitter
For us non twitter folk, could you repeat what he said here?

Princess Awinita
July 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM
For us non twitter folk, could you repeat what he said here?

Basically all Adam tweeted was "Arthur is cast, yes we're doing Camelot" and I'm all 'wonderful, I want more Arendelle'

garhkal
July 5th, 2015, 11:58 PM
So they went with Liam Garrigan. Interesting choice.

Morgania
July 7th, 2015, 09:27 PM
*waits to see who is cast as Gawain* Please be Dean O'Gorman.

garhkal
July 7th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Good pick there!

dragongirl
July 13th, 2015, 09:38 AM
It looks like Once Upon a Time is going to have Merda in the new season

Morgania
July 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM
And maybe...

Camelot? Btw, it's Merida.

garhkal
July 14th, 2015, 01:04 AM
And who is that?

It looks like Once Upon a Time is going to have Merda in the new season

hedwig
July 14th, 2015, 10:00 AM
And who is that?

Merida is from the animated movie "Brave".

Morgania
July 14th, 2015, 10:11 AM
I still want...

Flynn Rider to show up. Then put him in a room with Killian Jones and Will Scarlet.

Princess Awinita
July 14th, 2015, 10:33 AM
I still want...

Flynn Rider to show up. Then put him in a room with Killian Jones and Will Scarlet.

He kinda did when Emma dressed as him in Operation Mongoose part 2

Eliot Knight has been cast as Merlin

garhkal
July 15th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Merida is from the animated movie "Brave".

Ah.. The red headed lass..

Princess Awinita
September 15th, 2015, 03:26 PM
OK, so, I finished Season 4 in a full watch through on DVD last night, these are my thoughts, I'll put them in spoiler tags in the case that none else have yet to buy the season or see it in full

The Storylines for the season.

Frozen Storyline {Still not fully accepting of Ingrid being Elsa and Anna's aunt, maybe six times removed sure but dont get me started on those ribbons, I understand they were needed for the storyline yes, but still....}

the Queens of Darkness storyline was rushed, there was very little to work with, they tried to jam it all into 11 episodes with little result. My guess is the creators were acting as if the show was going to end as of that season, {Its possible however that season 5 will be the last season, nothing is confirmed yet though}

Personal verdict for best and worst episodes!!

Best Episodes; White Out, Smash the Mirror, Fall, Shattered Sight, Operation Mongoose

These episodes I enjoyed quite a bit seeing Elsa sneaking off with the tracking spell to find Emma, breaking in the mansion to save Emma, then reuniting with Anna on the beach in Fall, I will be honest I was sad but not moved to tears when Ingrid sacrificed herself to stop the spell of Shattered Sight. Operation Mongoose was nice, I liked seeing Henry take a heroes role for once. He's a smart kid

Worst episodes: Heart of Gold, Sympathy for the De Vil, Mother; I just didn't get the point of any of these episodes.

My absolute favorite episode of the season: White Out

poundpuppy29
September 16th, 2015, 06:53 PM
the queens of evil didn't do anything for me either

garhkal
September 16th, 2015, 11:38 PM

Agreed. They just didn't look or act like queens of evil.

pscard
September 17th, 2015, 03:34 PM
First Look at Dark Swan - Once Upon A Time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbK4DRXLy-M

garhkal
September 17th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Hmm.. Nicely dark!

poundpuppy29
September 18th, 2015, 03:46 AM
creepy but looks good

Morgania
September 18th, 2015, 09:38 AM
Looks good, but her eyebrows bother me for some reason.

garhkal
September 18th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Looks good, but her eyebrows bother me for some reason.

Also when they did a close up on her, it almost looked like she was bald at first..

jelgate
September 18th, 2015, 02:13 PM
OK, so, I finished Season 4 in a full watch through on DVD last night, these are my thoughts, I'll put them in spoiler tags in the case that none else have yet to buy the season or see it in full

The Storylines for the season.

Frozen Storyline {Still not fully accepting of Ingrid being Elsa and Anna's aunt, maybe six times removed sure but dont get me started on those ribbons, I understand they were needed for the storyline yes, but still....}

the Queens of Darkness storyline was rushed, there was very little to work with, they tried to jam it all into 11 episodes with little result. My guess is the creators were acting as if the show was going to end as of that season, {Its possible however that season 5 will be the last season, nothing is confirmed yet though}

Personal verdict for best and worst episodes!!

Best Episodes; White Out, Smash the Mirror, Fall, Shattered Sight, Operation Mongoose

These episodes I enjoyed quite a bit seeing Elsa sneaking off with the tracking spell to find Emma, breaking in the mansion to save Emma, then reuniting with Anna on the beach in Fall, I will be honest I was sad but not moved to tears when Ingrid sacrificed herself to stop the spell of Shattered Sight. Operation Mongoose was nice, I liked seeing Henry take a heroes role for once. He's a smart kid

Worst episodes: Heart of Gold, Sympathy for the De Vil, Mother; I just didn't get the point of any of these episodes.

My absolute favorite episode of the season: White Out

I have said before and I will say it again, the whole half season format ruined the show. It was better in S1 and S2. The whole shove an enemy into 10 episodes and then repeat just rushes the show all the time. The whole Author story made sense and was rushed. They need to spend more time fleshing out these villains to make them interesting. Cora was so menacing because we spent almost 2 seasons explaining who she is. The S3 and S4 villains have been too 2D in comparison. .

poundpuppy29
September 18th, 2015, 08:58 PM
I enjoyed the Pan arc and parts of the Frozen arc

VampyreWraith
September 19th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I enjoyed the Pan arc and parts of the Frozen arc

So did I. I didn't really like the second half of those seasons (3 & 4) as much though. I don't really mind the split seasons, I just don't really like the some of the themes (Oz, Queens of Darkness). I think it would be better if they didn't try to force a theme into each half of the season (they don't to have to have a separate theme). I also don't like that new characters keep getting added (because of the half season themes) while some existing characters that I like are ignored or kept in the background.

poundpuppy29
September 19th, 2015, 07:38 PM
I enjoyed Oz

VampyreWraith
September 19th, 2015, 08:28 PM
I only liked some parts of it, same goes with the second half of season 4 (though I liked the second half of 3 more than the second half of 4).

jelgate
September 19th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I'm not saying the stories are bad just not as good as the earlier ones which I attributed to these rushed stories that have occurred since they did half seasons

VampyreWraith
September 19th, 2015, 10:02 PM
^I agree that they aren't bad (with Oz, I just really didn't like Zelena, not even in a love to hate kind of way). I did really like the first halves of both seasons 3 and 4 (and parts of the second halves of those seasons), and I agree that some parts of the story arcs are rushed (especially the ones in the second half of the season IMO, like the whole author thing you mentioned in an earlier post). I just blame it on trying to force a theme into each half season and not on the concept of having half seasons itself. I think we kind of basically agree though.

poundpuppy29
September 20th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I only liked some parts of it, same goes with the second half of season 4 (though I liked the second half of 3 more than the second half of 4).

ok I agree with that

rushy
September 22nd, 2015, 06:01 AM
Half seasons are just their attempt to make more money, simple as that. "We need more seasons! Split 'em!"

If OUAT had kept going the way it started out, the show would probably be soaring. The whole Neverland arc could've been much more complex and intricate, with more characters and more of a presence to Neverland itself. The whole Oz nonsense should've been cut.

Ditto for the Queens Of Darkness, minus Cruella De Vil. The entirety of season 4 should've focused on the Author(who should've been referenced in the earlier seasons at least once) and if you really need a half-season, have a few episodes take place in the alternate reality(and actually have villains win there as opposed to what it actually was - Gold's fanfiction).

dragongirl
September 22nd, 2015, 09:18 AM
I think part of the season splitting is because of how they are doing the mid season break they figure give us a mini season with a story arc then leave us for a while and come back with a second mini season instead of doing one long one and making us have to wait for months before we get to see the conclusion

starshineRoxie
October 18th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Idk about you all, but I'm excited to see how the established characters have to deal with the new baddies in town.

It's interesting to see the traditional British pinnacle poster boy of heros, King Arthur, as a mean spirited villain. It makes me wonder what Merlin and Morgan Le Fay would really be like, if they're even going to be included in this storyline. Would they be similar to Rumplestiltskin and Regina, as reformed villains, or is this going to be completely new story about the Camelot characters altogether.

The plot thickens. :)

I can't wait for 8 pm EST!

jelgate
October 18th, 2015, 05:14 PM
I'm not so quick to call Arthur a villian at this point.

starshineRoxie
October 18th, 2015, 06:12 PM
The main reason is because of what happened last week, when he manipulated someone into killing themselves by telling them "it was for the greater good". It's just too much of a low blow for me.:cameronanime10:

I much prefer Regina's honesty. She killed people while they were still standing on their own two feet. In the eye and proudly. :cool: :valaanime04:

starshineRoxie
October 18th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Tonight's episode was interesting. It explained the weird behavioral loyalty to Arthur by Camelot. Now we get to see what Emma does next week to Rumplestiltskin. Karma, maybe?

jelgate
October 18th, 2015, 06:47 PM
The main reason is because of what happened last week, when he manipulated someone into killing themselves by telling them "it was for the greater good". It's just too much of a low blow for me.:cameronanime10:

I much prefer Regina's honesty. She killed people while they were still standing on their own two feet. In the eye and proudly. :cool: :valaanime04:
That's morally gray but not a villian. Good people do have to kill sometimes

hedwig
October 24th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I see that Ginny, Josh and Jennifer have all been nominated for a People's Choice Award. I think they were last year too. I find it interesting that Lana Parilla and Robert Carlyle are consistently left out of these nominations, when both of them act circles around the others in the cast. I'm not saying the others don't act their parts well; I'm just saying that Lana and Robert act their parts far better and should be included in these nominations. :)

garhkal
October 24th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Especially Carlyle! But then again, he wasn't nominated for his work as Rush either.

hedwig
October 24th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Especially Carlyle! But then again, he wasn't nominated for his work as Rush either.

He did get a Gemini award (in Canada) for his work as Rush, though.

garhkal
October 27th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Being i never see that awards show, let alone heard of it before i saw it mentioned on this site many years back, it is not imo as 'public' as getting say a "peoples choice", or golden globe.

dragongirl
November 3rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
Robbie Kay is going to be coming back for the 100th ep there is an article about it here (http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/02/once-upon-time-robbie-kay-peter-pan-100-episode?hootPostID=eee3611a2bb972f82b1abbb57f692d8c)

garhkal
November 4th, 2015, 11:02 PM
Ohh.. Wonder how they will work him into it?

dragongirl
November 5th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I don't know there are a couple dead characters that are supposed to be in that ep as well which makes me wonder what will be going on that so many dead come back

hedwig
November 5th, 2015, 01:21 PM
I don't know. There are a couple dead characters that are supposed to be in that ep as well which makes me wonder what will be going on that so many dead come back.

Flashbacks.

dragongirl
March 17th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Once is getting another season

Princess Awinita
March 17th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Once is getting another season

Indeed, announced on 6 March, already apparently got the first episode titled too. though with the way the ratings currently are {Souls of the Departed scored the series low at 4.01}. I'd be surprised if Once get a season seven.

Honestly though; I think its made a good run, but since middle of season four its kinda fallen off with me, the writing has just not been good {execept for the Jerome Schwartz and Jane Espenson written episodes} The way they crammed everything into the back end of season four broke the show for me.

But there still are good points; I cant wait for this week!

garhkal
March 17th, 2016, 10:31 PM
I was suprised at that.. I thought they were ending it after S5.

dragongirl
March 20th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I didn't expect another season at all ratings have been going down and really they have covered most fairy tails so they have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel as far as ideas

jelgate
March 20th, 2016, 04:07 PM
I think it is time to end it to be honest. Its been going downhill ever since S2.

Princess Awinita
March 21st, 2016, 01:46 AM
I think it is time to end it to be honest. Its been going downhill ever since S2.

I agree. I think they simply just up and jumped the gun here, before even SEEING the ratings turnout for the back half of season five, they renew it. I bet you my Madness 2016 Bracket that had they seen the ratings, they'd have thought twice before renewing

Now if they move to MOVIES instead of a fullblown sixth season, that would make sense.

rushy
March 29th, 2016, 12:22 PM
They renewed it because it still gets more views than ABC's other stuff.

But yeah, Once never really transitioned well after the curse was broken at the end of season 1. Season 2 was the so-called transitional phase, but the villain-of-the-week formula after that ruined it for me. The show hasn't developed at all in years. I thought they might be onto something with the Author, but it turned out to be their new gimmick - turning the show over its head. First the Author and the storybook, then the history of the Dark Ones, now the Underworld. I'll bet you anything that the mental hospital arc for Season 6 will be them going "what if it's all happening in someone's head?".

garhkal
March 29th, 2016, 02:02 PM
That makes me wonder. Since they ARE having a S6 now, who will be the big bad/what will be the threat they need to solve??

dragongirl
March 31st, 2016, 02:41 PM
I would love to see Black Cauldron but I am not holding my breath for that one too obscure sadly