Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the Ancients stronger than the Ori?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are the Ancients stronger than the Ori?

This may have been asked before ....but I don't get how the Ancients were stronger than the Ori.........unless i'm missing something here.So the Ancients don't draw power from lower beings ....and the Ori have been sucking power for millions of years....So how can the Ancients still be stronger?

Originally posted by caribsci View Post
    This may have been asked before ....but I don't get how the Ancients were stronger than the Ori.........unless i'm missing something here.So the Ancients don't draw power from lower beings ....and the Ori have been sucking power for millions of years....So how can the Ancients still be stronger?
    I dunno, IS there any proof that the Ancients *were* more powerful than the Ori? I can't think of any, in fact, considering Ark of Truth, it could be argued that the Ori were more powerful than the ancients......
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's been said or hinted at that the Ori didn't wanna directly step into the MW galaxy until they gained enough power.

Comment

It's been said or hinted at that the Ori didn't wanna directly step into the MW galaxy until they gained enough power.
        Well, you could assume that there are more ascended ancients than ascended Ori (as they don't share power), also being so far away from thier "power source" may be an issue as well. You also have to consider that after millenia of being "all powerful" they may have had too much "pride" to put them in a position to be kicked down?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Well considering that there is a rank of ascended things based on the knowledge so the ancients got more knowledge so they have more power , with the ori the reverse is true , they got power so they get knowledge .But they ancients have move knowledge then the Ori without the MW.
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
          StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
          GW member infractions : 1

Comment

remember that the Ancients are not the only ascended. Oma helped people ascend, in fact some 20 000 people ascended in Full Circle. (on Abydos)

it is suggested that while the Ori are larger, the balance is not sufficient. in essence, the Ori WOULD win, but it would be a battle they considered too costly.

Comment

Plus the Ancients didn't want power and would gladly share being ascended, while the Ori wanted it only for themselves and the first few to ascend could have stonewalled the others so they could keep the power for themselves.

Comment

So do the Ancients get power when the ascend people......something like if u refer someone to a company you get a referral fee.Also I know its been said that the Alterrans went the ''science'' route but Oma was sure spitting religious or should i say philosophical stuff.So did some of the Ancients break away from the ''science'' at some point and these are the ones ascending ppl?

Comment

So do the Ancients get power when the ascend people......something like if u refer someone to a company you get a referral fee.Also I know its been said that the Alterrans went the ''science'' route but Oma was sure spitting religious or should i say philosophical stuff.So did some of the Ancients break away from the ''science'' at some point and these are the ones ascending ppl?
                  No, they wouldn't get a "fee" when they ascend people. The Ancients believed in non-interference with those of the lower plains of existence. It's why Oma Desala was being punished by the Others.

From Ascension (5x03) (spoilered for length):
                  Spoiler:

CARTER
                  Well, believe it or not, we met one of them. Her name was Oma Desala.
                  ORLIN
                  Really. Never heard of her.
                  CARTER
                  She could do the same glowy kind of things that you can and she controlled the forces of Nature.
                  ORLIN
                  Yeah, that's easy. At least it used to be.
                  CARTER
                  Well she lived on a planet called Kheb and she helped people ascend to a higher plane of existence.
                  ORLIN
                  That's why I've never heard of her. She was probably banished, like me.
                  CARTER
                  What for?
                  ORLIN
                  Breaking one of the most sacred rules of our kind: Do not accelerate the natural ascension process of those beneath.
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

no

Comment

Working...
                    X