Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you think of when you think ____ is the voice of heavy metal music?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who do you think of when you think ____ is the voice of heavy metal music?

For me, there are 4 who define metal and what it is (was)

4 Ozzy
    3 Ronnie James Dio
    2 Bruce Dickinson
    1 Rob Halford

How about you all? (those who are metalheads of course)
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Personally, I'd go with Bruce from that list (dude can still belt out stuff from the 80's and sound just as good today live)

UP THE IRONS!!
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Metal is Satanic and guitars are phallic symbols.

Comment

Kind of depends of what kind of metal you're talking about, 80s metal or metal nowdays.

Comment

Like I said in my first post: What it is and was....Today's metal has nothing on Judas Priest, Maiden, Dio, and Ozzy (before the drugs caught up with him)

But if you think you have a modern metal singer who's voice defines the entire metal genre then by all means, list him.

Iron Maiden is my favorite band of all time, but in my opinion, Halford tops Dickinson by about a half inch on the vocals.
          sigpic

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
            Metal is Satanic and guitars are phallic symbols.
            Then define Stryper...top 20 metal singer, and top 10 guitarists.

Seriously..What would you have those of us who enjoy metal listen to?
            sigpic

Comment

Satanic. He sacrifices your pet skunks to Satan on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
                Satanic. He sacrifices your pet skunks to Satan on stage.
                Ok, you are full of crap. I didnt realize that God only listened to easy listening.
                sigpic

Comment

Stryker can not compare to people like Phill Collins or Garth Brooks man.

Just because one can play a guitar faster doesn't mean they can put out music.

Comment

Oh, so because YOU don't like it, it is satanic. And it isnt Stryker. Its STRYPER. Look them up. I am a metal musician, and I have nothing but respect for not only Phil Collins, but Michael Jackson, Prince, and even Garth Brooks among others.

For you to trash a genre as satanic just because you don't like it is not only insulting, its also ignorant on your part. Don't like metal? Then why did you even reply to this thread except to troll?
                    sigpic

Comment

Oho, so whenever you don't like another's opinion on something, YOU call it trolling and take it personal when somebody doesn't share it. How typical. Troll is the most overused word on the internet.

There are also other alternatives other than trolling, you know.

Could it be...

TEASING. You know, just poking a little fun at something?

NAH. Of course not. I don't like it so it MUST be trolling.

Yeah that's it.

Whenever somebody has a disagreement it must be trolling because I don't like it.

Harumph.

People are way too oversensitive these days.

Comment

No, I'm not hypersensitive at all. If I misread you, then its all good! I'm still a noob here, and I am used to being piled on by who knows who every time I join a new forum. Usually it is NOT sarcastic and fun.

Looking back on your comments in this thread, I can see that now. I apologize for getting all defensive.

How about a mutual sacrifice of a pigeon to smooth things over? I have a good recipe for them.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate it.

No pigeons should be sacrifice, have a beer instead.

36356.jpg

Comment

Beer is good! Beer is proof that the good Lord loves us. He just wants all to be HAPPY! -Benjamin Franklin

Now about those satanic metal singers...Who is the best? lol
                            sigpic

Comment

God is good, beer is great... people are crazy. Billy Curington.

The only group I've really liked is Metallica.

Comment

Working...
                              X