Least favorite storyline??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Least favorite storyline??

Mine would have to be the various sickness episodes. They all seem to be pretty much the same, and pretty boring. Second least favorite would be the flashback episodes. How about the rest of you?
    sigpic
    Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Unas stories. They just bore me seeing Daniel trying to communicate withe Chaka and others
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I kind of like them. Of course, I like the Enemy Mine movie as well. lol
      sigpic
      Check out my blog/forum! http://williamtelltale.blogspot.com/

Sci Fi TV shows I have watched all of: Star Trek (all shows), Battlestar Galactica (All shows) Firefly, V (old and new) Caprica, SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Fringe, Farscape, Lexx, Babylon 5

Currently watching: The Walking Dead, Falling Skies, Dr Who, Supernatural, Revolution, Red Dwarf, Under the Dome, Sleepy Hollow, Andromeda

Comment

Anything with Apophis. I liked how Peter Williams played him, but it got boring fast. There was no real originality with him after a while. It took Sokar to make the Goa'uld seem bad ass, and they resurrected Apophis (again) just to kill him (Sokar) after two appearances.

The pilot appearance was good, the end of season 1/start of 2 appearance was good and his death (in the SGC) was good. That should have been it.

I'd bet good money that when they were deciding on who should be Anubis' number 1 system lord sidekick, one of the writers suggested bringing back Apophis before they decided on Baal.

sigpic

Comment

lucian alliance, i still see them as a stupid joke, and that went through to sgu when they were suppose to be at war.

and i agree about apophis he got really boring after a few seasons (to the point where i just wanted him to die so he won't be in the story anymore).
          sigpic

Comment

sam/pete.

i wanted to see progression of , not that one.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Ori Sam and Pete
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

The Ori without a doubt. Too many similarities to the Goa'uld in the way they wanted to enslave humanity. Shame really, because apart from the Ori I really liked the final seasons.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, to be honest, the entire Goa'uld/Ori stories. The best part I like about Stargate is when it's not about the main enemy. Episodes like Broca Divide, Solitudes, A Matter of Time, Fifth Race, Urgo, Tin Man etc... none which feature the typical badie.

Comment

Oh, mostly the Ori although I didn't hate them or anything. Just thought the Goa'uld were better enemies. But with the last two seasons also came Mitchell and Vala, so I have more reasons to dislike the Ori arc.
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Phinguyver View Post
                      I kind of like them. Of course, I like the Enemy Mine movie as well. lol
                      I love that movie! Zaaaaaamissss!!!

I didn't care for the Ori storyline really.

Comment

Ori.

and not for any of the above reasons.

the Ori were a piece of garbage. if it was even 1% realistic, it would've ended after the first prior came through, kicked everyone's asses at the SGC only to spread the plague and kill everyone on a day.

the Ori are frakking ASCENDED. they could WILL ZPM's into being. starships, fleets, etc etc etc. they could in fact just create a hyperadvanced society to beat the crap out of the MW, then kill that civilization and go create followers.

the Sangraal was just... no. it looked awesome but it's ridiculous. just as the Ark.

the Lucian Alliance would've been a million times better if Jup and Tenat got killed, Netan got killed, and Ventrell took over.

SGU does some effort to make them more credible, but the Writers made them FUBAR, a bunch of jokes when they could've been earths true fear and true equal.

Comment

I'm with majority here, I hated Ori storyline. They were nothing more than 'bigger, badder' Goa'uld (as is the motto of pretty much every sequel: make things 'bigger and badder' ). To make matters worse, they were given such powers that the show truly became ridiculous and more unbelievable than ever (as killman points out, they should have wiped us out in 2 seconds flat).

Then I hated Baal's clones. Hated it with passion, as Baal used to be my favourite bad guy and this storyline turned him into walking joke and a parody of himself.

Then there's Lucian Alliance, which were nothing more than poorly done parody of bad guys. Thankfully SGU did a great job with them...

Actually, I didn't like any of the storylines of the last 2 seasons. I loved NID episodes in the first 8 seasons, but what happened later was simply ridiculous. Similarly, I enjoyed Jaffa arch throughout the first 8 years, but the last 2 turned them into such bloodthirsty idiots that the whole race became something beyond recognition.

As to the first 8 seasons, my least favourite storyline was Sam & Pete. Not because I had something against Sam getting a BF (I applauded this aspect) but because it was truly badly written, IMO.
                          There's a good chance this opinion is shared by Ashizuri
                          sigpic
                          awesome sig by Josiane

Comment

Working...
                          X