• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alone In the World (403)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    ALONE IN THE WORLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 403

The death and rapid decomposition of two school bullies leads the team to a dangerous entity and the 12-year-old boy who seems to have a connection with it. Meanwhile, Walter is increasingly troubled by his hallucinations.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 January 2015, 06:15 PM.

I really liked this one. On the surface it's a bit of a MOTW episode, but in reality it's really a master stroke of tying small events into the larger story.

My only real peeve is that they never explained where the fungus came from.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This was a good episode I really like Walter and his relationship with the boy in this episode. I loved how Walter kept on comparing the situation happening to the boy and what happened to Peter all those years ago. You could actually feel how desperate Walter while trying to save the boy. The end was scary with Walter trying to lobotomize himself and then finding out that Olivia has been dreaming of Peter was awesome.
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        I really liked this one. On the surface it's a bit of a MOTW episode, but in reality it's really a master stroke of tying small events into the larger story.

My only real peeve is that they never explained where the fungus came from.
        I really wish they had touched on that as well. Other than that though, this was a very good episode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Personally, I thought this was the best episode of the season so far. I could really feel Walter's fear that he was going insane. Up until Olivia told him she was seeing Peter in her dreams that is. When he said something to the effect of, "I'm completely sane." I had to laugh. What completely sane person would try to perform brain surgery on themselves with noting but a hammer and a giant needle? I'm really looking forward to next week's episode and am eager to see what the blue energy is. Does anyone believe that it might actually be Peter? I'm thinking that it might be if for no other reason than the fact that it's the same shade of blue as the opening credits from the original universe (I think).

/ramble
          "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
          - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Wow...I really enjoyed this one. At first, I thought it was going to be a "meh" episode...but it proved me wrong! I'm so glad that we're getting a kick a$$ season of Fringey Awesomeness!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
              When he said something to the effect of, "I'm completely sane."
              Oh man, I howled at that

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Wow...I really enjoyed this one. At first, I thought it was going to be a "meh" episode...but it proved me wrong! I'm so glad that we're getting a kick a$$ season of Fringey Awesomeness!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Just got through watching the episode, PHENOMENAL performance by John Noble once again! And it was a joy to see David Fury's name under the ''Written By...'' credit, fantastic writer. And:

Spoiler:

OLIVIA'S REMEMBERING HIM!!

Bring on this Friday baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
                  Just got through watching the episode, PHENOMENAL performance by John Noble once again! And it was a joy to see David Fury's name under the ''Written By...'' credit, fantastic writer. And:

Spoiler:

OLIVIA'S REMEMBERING HIM!!

Bring on this Friday baby!
                  I know...(referring to your spoiler)...I was surprised when we saw this at the end. At least now poor Walter doesn't think he's going batty...
                  sigpic

Comment

last couple minutes had me curled up into a ball trying not to puke

"I'm completely sane" - yeah right haha.

Comment

the last scene of this ep was the first moment i closed my eyes during a fringe ep :O

Comment

Walter is such an awesome character! John Noble does a wonderful job though he did play an insane ruler in Lord of the Rings so he's good at it.

I like how it's taking awhile to find out how Peter or if he can back. I was hoping that was going to happen with Sanctuary but alas it didn't. I like the long drawn out stuff.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Working...
                        X