• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Night In October (402)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON FOUR
    ONE NIGHT IN OCTOBER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 402

After a serial killer strikes in the parallel universe, the alternate team asks for Olivia's help recruiting the suspect's double from our world -- where he is a forensic psychologist specializing in serial killers.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 14 January 2015, 06:14 PM.

Alternate Broyles? Isn't he dead?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Since Peter never existed I don't think Olivia went to the other side. Fauxlivia just kidnapped her and stole her life for awhile. So Alternate Broyles didn't get killed helping Olivia crossover.
      My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

I'm loving seeing Anna portray Olivia and Altivia! She's such an awesome actress. Another solid episode of Fringey awesomeness!
        sigpic

Comment

Who else is LOVING Anna's performance this season? Her switches in personality between Olivia and Fauxlivia have so far been EFFORTLESS, now, I will confess, I wasn't a big fan of hers until Season 3. Her performances since then have seriously been Emmy worthy, or, at lest, Emmy nod worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer 120 View Post
            Who else is LOVING Anna's performance this season? Her switches in personality between Olivia and Fauxlivia have so far been EFFORTLESS, now, I will confess, I wasn't a big fan of hers until Season 3. Her performances since then have seriously been Emmy worthy, or, at lest, Emmy nod worthy.
            I couldn't agree more...But faux is too cumbersome...Altivia is much easier...and sounds prettier!
            sigpic

Comment

I guess William Bell would also be still alive

Comment

Great Episode. I am always surprised how Anna manages to seperate those 2 Characters that good.

To the end, Peter is an Ass! I guess by now we know that he is somehow stuck between Dimensions and can clearly see into ours. He knows Walter better than anyone and still he scares the crap out of him. He should have noticed that nobody talked about him.
                Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Alternate Broyles? Isn't he dead?
                  That's what I thought, but then, thought the timeline in each universe were changed in subtle ways, another nice surprise Fringe style! Perhaps no memory of Peter having ever existed changed the need for the alternate universe to need Olivia in the way that led up to the events causing Broyles' death.

Totally agree about Olivia and Altivia, a joy to watch those two together. Anna Torv is doing a great job playing such wonderfully different versions of Olivia Dunham, so good that they almost look like different people!

I'm actually liking this idea of the two universes working together, seeing how the subtle differences help give a different perspective on an event in each universe. Loved the idea of how one different choice and turn in the road can bring such different outcomes. The serial killer looking for happy moments in other peoples' minds was a nice Fringe touch with that brain freezing machine!

I think its great that a whole series has been devoted to the alternate reality idea, always loved the stories of alternate realities we got in Star Trek, Stargate and the X-Files.

Comment

I just have to say - I've rarely been so thoroughly creeped out by an episode. *shudders* And I'm not even really sure why.

For some reason, I thought I'd read somewhere that James Callis was playing this character. That definitely wasn't him though. John Pyper-Ferguson was a great choice though - although I know him better as Pete Hutter from The Adventures of Brisco County Junior. I kept expecting him to break out into that insane Pete laugh.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Good episode, however i hope that this peter story ends soon. If we have more case of the week stuff followed by walter being haunted by peter for much longer it will become annoying.
                      Chief Galen Tyrol: But how do you know I'm human?
                      Brother Cavil: Oh, well, maybe because I'm a Cylon, and I've never seen you at any of the meetings.

Comment

Another weak episode I thought. The show has evolved past being an episodic, the Peter ark is too major to be left in the background, and is far more interesting in my view than these random stories.

Comment

Originally posted by mparsons1981 View Post
                          Good episode, however i hope that this peter story ends soon. If we have more case of the week stuff followed by walter being haunted by peter for much longer it will become annoying.
                          I heard the arc is gonna be 5-6 episodes.
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought olivia unsuccessfully tried to kill her stepfather, but now shes saying she killed him, I wonder whats going on there

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
                              I thought olivia unsuccessfully tried to kill her stepfather, but now shes saying she killed him, I wonder whats going on there
                              She never met Peter as a child and was probably not part of the Cortexiphan trials...

Comment

Working...
                              X