This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lady Gaga speaks French?

Today in French class we were answering true/false questions on a smart board, and it said that Lady gaga can't speak French, but a fan of her said in my class said that she can since she apparently sang some in one of her songs. I thought that was weird, hmmmm anyway on the flipside I learned not only can Natalie Portman speak Hebrew, and English, but also French wow I wonder what other languages she speaks?
    1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
    5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
    6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Well, you don't have to be fluent in French to sing in it. I manage rather well. Katy Perry can sing about a ménage à trois but I don't think she would be able to carry a conversation. There are just some French phrases that have been carried from the French culture into the English. Such as Voulez-vous couchez avec moi ce soir? (not to you).
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Also, to note: Lady Gaga (the song in issue is Bad Romance) is singing in French slang. "Je veux ton amour, et je veux ta revanche", that is, "I want your love, and I want your revenge", which is a phrase that is repeated in that song here. I hesitate to link to the song, since I have been reported for (what I feel) less provocative youtube links.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rawtheran View Post
        Today in French class we were answering true/false questions on a smart board, and it said that Lady gaga can't speak French, but a fan of her said in my class said that she can since she apparently sang some in one of her songs. I thought that was weird, hmmmm anyway on the flipside I learned not only can Natalie Portman speak Hebrew, and English, but also French wow I wonder what other languages she speaks?
        her ability to speak Hebrew is probably what landed her the role of Mary in The Nativity Story

Comment

i can speak english, angry english and gibberish
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Well I can count in French, and like Lady Gaga I also have a penis. Does this mean I can thread created about my language skills?

sigpic

Comment

I speak Frenglish
              It's all about startegy. Out-maneuvering the opposition, bending him to your will.
              -Dexter-

Comment

If being able to sing a few phrases in a language means you can speak it, she can also speak German...
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  Well I can count in French, and like Lady Gaga I also have a penis. Does this mean I can thread created about my language skills?
                  Ummm...she doesn't have a penis...really?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                    I think 'twas a joke.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                      If being able to sing a few phrases in a language means you can speak it, she can also speak German...
                      Oh, lets go with that idea! It means i get tell people i speak German, Icelandic, Swedish, Estonian, Faroese, Danish, Sanskrit, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Finnish, Another Dialect of Finnish, Hungarian, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic, Norwegian, Whatever language they speak in the Elder Scrolls games, Elvish, Klingon, Lapp or Sami (dont know which one), Hebrew, Irish Gaelic probably, Latin, oh and English.

I like this definition of being able to speak another language. Just call me a universal translator.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                        Oh, lets go with that idea! It means i get tell people i speak German, Icelandic, Swedish, Estonian, Faroese, Danish, Sanskrit, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Finnish, Another Dialect of Finnish, Hungarian, French, Spanish, Scottish Gaelic, Norwegian, Whatever language they speak in the Elder Scrolls games, Elvish, Klingon, Lapp or Sami (dont know which one), Hebrew, Irish Gaelic probably, Latin, oh and English.

I like this definition of being able to speak another language. Just call me a universal translator.
                        Now that you put it that way, that'll definitely be my new definition of being able to speak a language!
                        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                          It's one of the recurring rumours about her. Doesn't help she "wore a prosthetic penis" at the MTV Awards last month. Just keeps giving people something to joke about.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                            It's one of the recurring rumours about her. Doesn't help she "wore a prosthetic penis" at the MTV Awards last month. Just keeps giving people something to joke about.
                            Or maybe she did it to have a laugh about those people who say that stuff about her, and saying that she doesn't give a crap. Even though she often irritates the heck out of me, (well, her songs do) if this is the case I say good for her!
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                              Now that you put it that way, that'll definitely be my new definition of being able to speak a language!
                              Hey ladies, i speak 23 different languages. I think we are onto something here, plus, it will look great on a CV.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X