PDA

View Full Version : What's your opinion of Claudia's role in the team /show? ( Spoilers S3 )

tomstone
September 19th, 2011, 01:01 PM
I just really wanted to ask you Guys what is up with that. Whenever I read a comment about Claudia, it is mostly negative and how long her part was and everything. WTF?

For me, Claudia is the best Person I can identify with in the Warehouse. Most People in this Forum here are Nerds and Geeks like me, so I am very surprised by them hating on the Tech Character of the Warehouse Series. It is not just that she is so Computer oriented, it is more her Personality. She understands the dangers of Artifacts, but knows how to use them even for her Personal advantage without getting affected by the sideeffect. The drooling bit in one of the newer Episode was an example of misscalculation. :P(FYI it also was very funny:cool:)

I dont see anything that is unlikeable about her Character. So please enlighten me as to why People hate her?

jelgate
September 19th, 2011, 01:09 PM
Everything in moderation. Claudia to me is overused sometimes at the expense of other characters

MIZA
September 19th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Well I love Claudia she is the great part about the show , so keep it coming

Galileo_Galilee
September 19th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I don't hate her, but she can be annoying at times. People just love to overreact to being annoyed.

Gem of Tigress
September 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
I don't hate Claudia, i think she's awsome! :D

lordofseas
September 19th, 2011, 02:09 PM
I just really wanted to ask you Guys what is up with that. Whenever I read a comment about Claudia, it is mostly negative and how long her part was and everything. WTF?

For me, Claudia is the best Person I can identify with in the Warehouse. Most People in this Forum here are Nerds and Geeks like me, so I am very surprised by them hating on the Tech Character of the Warehouse Series. It is not just that she is so Computer oriented, it is more her Personality. She understands the dangers of Artifacts, but knows how to use them even for her Personal advantage without getting affected by the sideeffect. The drooling bit in one of the newer Episode was an example of misscalculation. :P(FYI it also was very funny:cool:)

I dont see anything that is unlikeable about her Character. So please enlighten me as to why People hate her?

I'd just like to point something out: the drooling from Pavlov's Bell wasn't a miscalculation, but a side-effect Claudia was willing to take.

I don't hate Claudia. :P

tomstone
September 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
I'd just like to point something out: the drooling from Pavlov's Bell wasn't a miscalculation, but a side-effect Claudia was willing to take.

She was not expecting the drooling to start for ringing the Bell once, so that was a misscalculation. :P

Dixie_Vampiress
September 19th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Claudia's like the main reason why I watch the show. She rocks.

lordofseas
September 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
She was not expecting the drooling to start for ringing the Bell once, so that was a misscalculation. :P

I must disagree. :P

tomstone
September 19th, 2011, 02:36 PM
I must disagree. :P

Quote from her: "I wasnt expecting the drooling to start that soon!" I end my case. :cool:

back to topic. :P

AresLover452
September 19th, 2011, 03:03 PM
I love Claudia and her humor! She says the wackiest things and it just makes you laugh so much!

Starscape91
September 19th, 2011, 03:59 PM
I love Claudia she's awesome!

SunKrux
September 19th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Everything in moderation. Claudia to me is overused sometimes at the expense of other characters

I like Claudia, just not as much as I like some of the other characters, but I do agree that sometimes, she is pushed to the front more than the other characters. I think it's because maybe in some ways because Allison is so much younger and appeals to the "younger" viewers, that's why she's used more.

Also, Claudia has used artifacts without thinking, can you say Voltair's lab coat? She doesn't do that stuff nearly as much but she has used artifacts without thinking. Why else was Artie so upset with her over that one? Because of using that lab coat without thinking about the consequences, she nearly destroyed the Warehouse.

Bagpuss
September 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm surprised to see some people accused of hating this character,when the majority of posts I read and WH13 avs I see are very positive towards Claudia.

Can anyone point me and the other Mods to anything that counts as plain out and out hatred ,or is it just that qualified criticism is being percieved as hate when it isn't actually the case ?:)

lordofseas
September 19th, 2011, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised to see some people accused of hating this character,when the majority of posts I read and WH13 avs I see are very positive towards Claudia.

Can anyone point me and the other Mods to anything that counts as plain out and out hatred ,or is it just that qualified criticism is being percieved as hate when it isn't actually the case ?:)

I think it's just a general dislike of the character that's being expressed by the poster, not a hatred displayed. :/

Skydiver
September 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I haven't seen any outright hate. Some don't like her. Some don't like how she's pushed to the front instead of others.

I think she's like Tesla on Sanctuary. Great in moderation. But too much is tiring.

don't hate her. Don't have anything against those that do like her. She just is what she is.

I think feeling that a character is 'hated' is common when a new character joins a show. those that like the old characters feel threatened by the new ones, those that like the new character feel upset when others don't share their like.

tomstone
September 19th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I think it's just a general dislike of the character that's being expressed by the poster, not a hatred displayed. :/

Exactly, sorry but I didnt find a better word. Disliking seems appropiate, but sometimes it seems like it goes beyond that.

Bagpuss
September 19th, 2011, 05:47 PM
That's what I'd think too, as being more of a mixed reception around WH13 threads for the character ,not a regular bash-fest in progress.

One fan's perception of bashing ,is the next's perception of a balanced and fair crit though.:)

Bagpuss
September 19th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Exactly, sorry but I didnt find a better word. Disliking seems appropiate, but sometimes it seems like it goes beyond that.

If you can pm us some links,or report any posts you think went too far,the Mods will take a look .:)

Skydiver
September 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
seconding what baggie said, please, if you see any bashing, let us know and we'll gladly look into it

Pharaoh Atem
September 19th, 2011, 07:11 PM
#jealousy

LtColCarter
September 19th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I've seen several posts stating a poster's strong dislike of Claudia...but I'm sorry Dear Mods...I'm not going to dig through the threads to point them out! :) But I know they do exist as I've seen them.

As for the character...I like her. I wasn't sure at first...but she grew on me.

jelgate
September 19th, 2011, 08:00 PM
I've seen several posts stating a poster's strong dislike of Claudia...but I'm sorry Dear Mods...I'm not going to dig through the threads to point them out! :) But I know they do exist as I've seen them.

As for the character...I like her. I wasn't sure at first...but she grew on me.A dislike of a character does not equate bashing.

tomstone
September 19th, 2011, 09:37 PM
seconding what baggie said, please, if you see any bashing, let us know and we'll gladly look into it

Thanks, but I dont think there is anything to do there. Even if some comments can be categorized as bashing, I dont think Claudia would mind. I just wanted to understand where this disliking is coming from. I love her, so thats probably why I never noticed that she is overused at times on the expense of Pete and Myka.

SunKrux
September 21st, 2011, 05:06 PM
I've not seen any out right hate for Claudia, just people expressing their dislike for her and how much it seems (to them anyway) she's pushed to the forefront so often.

Dislike does not equal hate. People need to learn to accept that not everyone is going to like "your" (general you here people) favorite character. If there are people who express their dislike for "your" fav character and it upsets you, put those people on ignore and move on.

ETA: Maybe a refresher of what each word means is in order. Taken from merriam-webster.com

1 dis·like
noun \(?)dis-?l?k, ?dis-?\
Definition of DISLIKE
: a feeling of aversion or disapproval
obsolete : discord
See dislike defined for English-language learners »
See dislike defined for kids »
Examples of DISLIKE

<we have a strong dislike for olives and wouldn't eat them even if we were paid>
<the public's general dislike of negative campaign ads>

First Known Use of DISLIKE
Related to DISLIKE
Synonyms: allergy, averseness, aversion, disfavor, disinclination, disliking, disrelish, down [chiefly British], mislike
Antonyms: appetite, favor, fondness, like, liking, partiality, preference, relish, shine, taste, use (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dislike)

1 hate
noun, often attributive \?h?t\
Definition of HATE
a : intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury b : extreme dislike or antipathy : loathing <had a great hate of hard work>
: an object of hatred <a generation whose finest hate had been big business — F. L. Paxson>
See hate defined for English-language learners »
See hate defined for kids »
Examples of HATE

These crimes are motivated by prejudice and hate.
They have been unable to overcome their hates and fears.

Origin of HATE
Middle English, from Old English hete; akin to Old High German haz hate, Greek k?dos care
First Known Use: before 12th century
Related to HATE
Synonyms: abhorrence, abomination, detestation, execration, hatred, loathing
Antonyms: affection, devotion, fondness, love (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate?show=0&t=1316654389)

tomstone
September 21st, 2011, 06:23 PM
I've not seen any out right hate for Claudia, just people expressing their dislike for her and how much it seems (to them anyway) she's pushed to the forefront so often.

Dislike does not equal hate. People need to learn to accept that not everyone is going to like "your" (general you here people) favorite character. If there are people who express their dislike for "your" fav character and it upsets you, put those people on ignore and move on.

ETA: Maybe a refresher of what each word means is in order. Taken from merriam-webster.com

1 dis·like
noun \(?)dis-?l?k, ?dis-?\
Definition of DISLIKE
: a feeling of aversion or disapproval
obsolete : discord
See dislike defined for English-language learners »
See dislike defined for kids »
Examples of DISLIKE

<we have a strong dislike for olives and wouldn't eat them even if we were paid>
<the public's general dislike of negative campaign ads>

First Known Use of DISLIKE
Related to DISLIKE
Synonyms: allergy, averseness, aversion, disfavor, disinclination, disliking, disrelish, down [chiefly British], mislike
Antonyms: appetite, favor, fondness, like, liking, partiality, preference, relish, shine, taste, use (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dislike)

[url=http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate?show=0&t=1316654389]1 hate
noun, often attributive \?h?t\
Definition of HATE...

I agree that disliking is not hate. The difference is small, but it is there. However in some episodes the majority of People dislike Claudias big part at times and in rapid reading after each other, it felt to be more than dislike.

To be honest, I rather have Claudia and Jinks as main characters rather than Pete and Myka.

DSG1
September 22nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
To be honest, I rather have Claudia and Jinks as main characters rather than Pete and Myka.[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with that. I'm starting to find Pete/Myka whiny.

My reason for not liking Claudia is because she bumped Leena down on the credits. It's not fair that the writer's especially Jack Kenny, play favorites like they do. If it's all Claudia I simply don't watch the episode. I don't want nor feel the need to watch her take center stage pretending she's a rock star in every episode playing guitar.

That's NOT what warehouse 13 is supposed to be about. They have jumped the shark too often this season.

But I did like the Claudia/Jinks pairing better than Fargo/Claudia

Even Artie hasn't had much screen time this year.

(MHO)

DSG1
September 22nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
and if u want to accuse me of being a Claudia hater feel free. I dont hide it. and if we aren't allowed to like or dislike something on this forum then lock it like you usually do. ;)

SunKrux
September 22nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
I agree that disliking is not hate. The difference is small, but it is there. However in some episodes the majority of People dislike Claudias big part at times and in rapid reading after each other, it felt to be more than dislike.

To be honest, I rather have Claudia and Jinks as main characters rather than Pete and Myka.

Imho, there is a big difference between dislike and hate. Dislike does not lead to character bashing. Hate does.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the who should be leads because if Claudia & Jinks were the leads, I never would have tuned in.

I would like to suggest maybe, if you can (or ask a mod) to change the title to "Why do some people dislike Claudia" rather than "The Claudia Hate". You're less likely to get people who actually hate her to come here and be hateful and rude.

Galileo_Galilee
September 22nd, 2011, 02:55 PM
The person I can't stand the most is Pete. He is so juvenile. Usually people like him get their ass beaten on a regular basis because that kind of behavior is very annoying to most people. Claudia isn't half as bad.

LtColCarter
September 22nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Imho, there is a big difference between dislike and hate. Dislike does not lead to character bashing. Hate does.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the who should be leads because if Claudia & Jinks were the leads, I never would have tuned in.

I would like to suggest maybe, if you can (or ask a mod) to change the title to "Why do some people dislike Claudia" rather than "The Claudia Hate". You're less likely to get people who actually hate her to come here and be hateful and rude.

Honestly, I've not seen anyone make a rude or hateful remark in here...yet.

SunKrux
September 22nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
Honestly, I've not seen anyone make a rude or hateful remark in here...yet.

No one has as far as I'm concerned I was merely suggesting a title change, that's all.

NumberSix
September 26th, 2011, 01:32 PM
I like Claudia. At first I wasn't sure if I liked her because she seemed kind of annoying but she has grown as a character and I like her humor. Now I see her as one of the good additions to the show. As opposed to Pete, who I used to like but lately like Galileo said has been acting so juvenile -- to the point of going too far with it, IMO.

But I don't agree that she's like Tesla. ;)

MIZA
September 27th, 2011, 03:08 AM
No one has as far as I'm concerned I was merely suggesting a title change, that's all.

Yeah I agree , I do believe hate is much more

I like all the characters on the show and all have such great chemistry work well together too , they all different which makes the fun and interesting

poundpuppy29
September 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
I love Claudia she is the reason I stay hooked and I see the Claudia hate on another board not this one

gotthammer
September 27th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Claudia's like the main reason why I watch the show. She rocks.

Hehehe, kinda 'this'. :D
Claudia's awesome. Hmm, come to think of it, like 'Lost Girl', I think I like WH13's 'supporting cast' more than the main cast/character. :D

Commander Zelix
September 28th, 2011, 01:27 AM
I never mentioned it but I thought about it. I'm not a big fan of Claudia. I guess she's ok as a side character but I didn't like much the missions Claudia and the lying detector dude did. I prefer when the missions are left to Myka and Pete. They are so much more fun and interesting.

MIZA
September 29th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Love the new title , yeah we shouldn't hate

I would love to see Claudia in more adult roles

SunKrux
September 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM
I like her spunk and sarcasm but her "I'm smarter than everyone" attitude is getting old.

tomstone
September 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
LOL, I was confused for a sec. when I found the Thread again. :P

As to "I´m smarter than Everyone" I think her Character is still alot Teenagerlike so that fits right in.

jelgate
September 29th, 2011, 08:54 PM
LOL, I was confused for a sec. when I found the Thread again. :P

As to "I´m smarter than Everyone" I think her Character is still alot Teenagerlike so that fits right in.Teenagers can also be very grating which bothers me and that it seems every episode has to be about Claudia's personal life. When is the last time we ever saw Leena do something?

Galileo_Galilee
September 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Yeah, I'd love to see some stuff about Leena myself.

Maybe even have her work on a case or know something the rest of them don't.

En ensemble cast should give everyone their turn at the spotlight.

tomstone
September 30th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I'd love to see some stuff about Leena myself.

Maybe even have her work on a case or know something the rest of them don't.

En ensemble cast should give everyone their turn at the spotlight.

I agree, it seems like they lost track of her. I dont know much about her anyhow, except that she is supposed to be able to see Auras.

When I first tuned in Warehouse I really got the feeling that Claudia is kind of pushing Leena out of the Warehouse, but to be honest, I really dont see that much use for her. She doesnt have any loveable characteristics as far as I have seen. Yes, she is a nice girl, but her Character is very poorly written.

Linda06
September 30th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Teenagers can also be very grating which bothers me and that it seems every episode has to be about Claudia's personal life. When is the last time we ever saw Leena do something?
When was the last time we saw Leena?

When they have quite a few main characters there always seems to be one or two characters who get neglected.

SunKrux
September 30th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Leena was never a "main" character. Artie, Myka, Pete were then they brought Claudia in and now Claudia.

I want more about Leena as well, but not too much because I like all the mystery around her & Mrs. Fredric. :D

jelgate
September 30th, 2011, 02:22 PM
I agree, it seems like they lost track of her. I dont know much about her anyhow, except that she is supposed to be able to see Auras.

When I first tuned in Warehouse I really got the feeling that Claudia is kind of pushing Leena out of the Warehouse, but to be honest, I really dont see that much use for her. She doesnt have any loveable characteristics as far as I have seen. Yes, she is a nice girl, but her Character is very poorly written.Isn't that kind of point we are getting it. She is poorly written becuase she gets little episodes for development. One of the reasons for that IMO is because they overuse Claudia.

mandogater
September 30th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Leena was never a "main" character. Artie, Myka, Pete were then they brought Claudia in and now Claudia.

I want more about Leena as well, but not too much because I like all the mystery around her & Mrs. Fredric. :D

I really like all the mystery surrounding Leena and Mrs. F. as well. :)

LtColCarter
October 1st, 2011, 05:57 AM
I like Claudia...she's a loveable goofball like so many of my female friends! :)

tomstone
October 1st, 2011, 06:31 AM
Isn't that kind of point we are getting it. She is poorly written becuase she gets little episodes for development. One of the reasons for that IMO is because they overuse Claudia.

The problem with Leena for me is that she doesnt seem thought through at all. She is like some of the Scientists from Eureka which you see sometimes but never hear much from.

That said, maybe this Season they will find a place for her. As far as I gatherd, Claudia always was a Agent in Training, but with her Computerskills and everything she was able to do Leenas Job in the meantime. Once Jinksi is back and Claudia is out doing Artefact hunting, I am pretty sure Leena is going to get more Screentime with Artie. They also could Team up Claudia with her in the meantime. She seems to know her way around the Artefacts too.

jelgate
October 1st, 2011, 11:49 AM
The problem with Leena for me is that she doesnt seem thought through at all. She is like some of the Scientists from Eureka which you see sometimes but never hear much from.

That is just excuses for the underlying problem of not developing her character.

tomstone
October 1st, 2011, 04:25 PM
That is just excuses for the underlying problem of not developing her character.

It is the writers decision to drop a character, it doesnt seem like they ever bothered to give her a more important part. If its her or Claudia, I prefer her.

SunKrux
October 2nd, 2011, 07:17 AM
It is the writers decision to drop a character, it doesnt seem like they ever bothered to give her a more important part. If its her or Claudia, I prefer her.

Actually a lot of it until recently was due to Genelle being pregnant & not the writers. Also, Leena was never a main character.

jelgate
October 2nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
It is the writers decision to drop a character, it doesnt seem like they ever bothered to give her a more important part. If its her or Claudia, I prefer her.But you are not me;)

I don't like overuse of a character at the expense of others.

Galileo_Galilee
October 2nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Just because she's not a main character doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be developed more.

DS 9 was famous for giving its secondary characters more character development and even House has given some of their second characters some development, so it can happen with Leena.

I also believe she's the caretaker of the boarding house Pete and Myka stay in.

tomstone
October 2nd, 2011, 12:39 PM
Just because she's not a main character doesn't mean she doesn't deserve to be developed more.

DS 9 was famous for giving its secondary characters more character development and even House has given some of their second characters some development, so it can happen with Leena.

I also believe she's the caretaker of the boarding house Pete and Myka stay in.

Yes she is, but you rarely see her there either. As I said when Claudia is out hunting, that should give Leena her place back. She doesnt seem like the type who goes on the Hunt. I agree with you guys that she should be used more.

DSG1
October 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
I love the insulting snobby fan attitude "Leena's not a main character" excuse, neither was Claudia she wasn't even in the pilot episode. so what makes Claudia a main character and not Leena?

Leena's place was with Artie in the pilot until Claudia came along and shoved her in back.

Genelle Williams IS APART of the main cast, she's listed as such in the credits.

We know who Jack Kenny's favorite little darling is on the show.

MIZA
October 3rd, 2011, 01:02 AM
I would like to to see some Leena , I would strongly dislike if they got rid of her all of sudden like they have in other shows . I do very much enjoy Claudia , but one thing I liked about deep space nine is that they are able to have nine cast member and each of them get their own story line.

Spimman
October 4th, 2011, 05:04 AM
Claudia may become the new Ms F...how about that for her role?

LtColCarter
October 4th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Claudia may become the new Ms F...how about that for her role?

Hmmm...how did you draw that conclusion?

tomstone
October 4th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hmmm...how did you draw that conclusion?

They wanted to do it once already when Misses F was on the brink of overloading. I was confused back then why Claudia, but by now I understand that there is a simple answer "´Cause the Regents said so!". Alot of their decisions seem weird, so I wouldnt be surprised if Claudia wasnt considerd to be Fredericks possible replacement.

LtColCarter
October 4th, 2011, 04:25 PM
They wanted to do it once already when Misses F was on the brink of overloading. I was confused back then why Claudia, but by now I understand that there is a simple answer "´Cause the Regents said so!". Alot of their decisions seem weird, so I wouldnt be surprised if Claudia wasnt considerd to be Fredericks possible replacement.

I've been seeing this in a lot of WH13 threads...I'm not sure how I feel about Claudia being the new Mrs. F.

tomstone
October 4th, 2011, 05:23 PM
I've been seeing this in a lot of WH13 threads...I'm not sure how I feel about Claudia being the new Mrs. F.

Me neither, but they are probably going to do a reset anyhow. So that wont happen for anytime soon, meanwhile Claudia can grow a little bit into that role.

Angela V
October 4th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Most of the time I like Claudia. There has been a few times that her character has grated on my nerves.

SunKrux
October 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Me neither, but they are probably going to do a reset anyhow. So that wont happen for anytime soon, meanwhile Claudia can grow a little bit into that role.

I'm not sure she's ready for it either. She's got a bit more growing up to do, imho, before taking on that responsibility. I highly doubt they'd make her do it now that she's p'od at the Regents over Steve.

Galileo_Galilee
October 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
You never know. Somewhere down the line I'm sure there'd be a story where she comes to terms with the Regents and assumes her destiny. Remember, she's the author's favorite, so I wouldn't put it past them to write it that way.

bluealien
October 8th, 2011, 03:53 AM
I'm not all that interested in Claudia and wouldn't miss her if she wasn't there. Pete/Myka and Artie are why I watch..

Galileo_Galilee
October 8th, 2011, 09:49 AM
It's called the Boba Fett syndrome. It's where a minor character somehow achieves legendary status for doing very little on screen.

MIZA
October 8th, 2011, 06:38 PM
It's called the Boba Fett syndrome. It's where a minor character somehow achieves legendary status for doing very little on screen.

interesting those are my favorite characters, I hope that Claudia is able to resolve her differences with everyone. She is my favorite character on the show , I would like to see her with more adult issues she is not a teenager anymore, nor a junior warehouse agent

jelgate
October 8th, 2011, 07:45 PM
It's called the Boba Fett syndrome. It's where a minor character somehow achieves legendary status for doing very little on screen.Claudia was never really a minor character.

Galileo_Galilee
October 8th, 2011, 11:31 PM
Actually, yes she was, now she's just the writer's favorite. I'm staunchly against favoritism.

jelgate
October 9th, 2011, 11:47 AM
No she wasn't. Even in Season 1 she was in almost every episode from Claudia to McPherson

lordofseas
October 9th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Can someone explain how Claudia is a minor character?

SunKrux
October 10th, 2011, 06:36 AM
She's not. Leena & Mrs. Fredric are minor characters.

LtColCarter
October 10th, 2011, 07:38 AM
She's not. Leena & Mrs. Fredric are minor characters.

I concur

jelgate
October 10th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't call Leena a minor character with her name in the main credits.

Galileo_Galilee
October 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM
The fact remains she is a minor character. Just because they have a lot of screen time doesn't make them a leading character. She only gets a lot of screen time because she's the favorite character. She's just a minor character with a lot of screen time.

LtColCarter
October 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Can someone explain how Claudia is a minor character?

She started out as one, but she's not longer a minor character...

Minor characters are the people in a story who are not the main point of the story (for instance, not the person who the story is happening TO), but still interact with or grab the attention of those main characters. For example in the Harry Potter series of books - Argus Filch (the caretaker of Hogwarts) or the Gryffindor Ghost Nearly Headless Nick (or the barmaid Rosmerta at The Three Broomsticks, or the lady who pushes the lunch trolley on the Hogwarts Express)...I'm sure you get the point.

Galileo_Galilee
October 10th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Oh you mean like Suzanne Summers or Farah Fawcett!

Okay. I get ya.

The more attention and screen time they receive means they're more of a star than the people who actually have credits of a starring role.

SunKrux
October 10th, 2011, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't call Leena a minor character with her name in the main credits.

Considering how much air time Leena's had (and I know it's mostly due to her past pregnancy) she's very much, imho, a minor character. I would imagine her name being in the opening credits has more to do with her agent's negotiating skills than how often she's on screen as a "major" character. I happen to love Leena and hope that next year she'll get more air time. :D Then she'll be more of a main/major character to me than she is a minor character.

jelgate
October 10th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Considering how much air time Leena's had (and I know it's mostly due to her past pregnancy) she's very much, imho, a minor character. I would imagine her name being in the opening credits has more to do with her agent's negotiating skills than how often she's on screen as a "major" character. I happen to love Leena and hope that next year she'll get more air time. :D Then she'll be more of a main/major character to me than she is a minor character.I was talking more in legality terms of major/recurring characters then screentime.

aretood2
October 11th, 2011, 07:31 PM
The fact remains she is a minor character. Just because they have a lot of screen time doesn't make them a leading character. She only gets a lot of screen time because she's the favorite character. She's just a minor character with a lot of screen time.
I'm confused...isn't the "author's" favorite character by that very nature of favoritism the main character? What kind of person would write about main characters that they don't like and only give minor roles to characters that they do like to write? Isn't that the point of writing? Writing protagonists who you like? Isn't a Main Character by default one of the author's favorite characters?

LtColCarter
October 12th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I'm confused...isn't the "author's" favorite character by that very nature of favoritism the main character? What kind of person would write about main characters that they don't like and only give minor roles to characters that they do like to write? Isn't that the point of writing? Writing protagonists who you like? Isn't a Main Character by default one of the author's favorite characters?

Sounds logical to me...but I know what GG will say about logic. ;)

Rico
January 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I love Claudia and feel she fits in well with the team and on the show. Glad she got to get more out of the Warehouse this past season.

MIZA
March 22nd, 2012, 03:00 PM
She will always be my favorite character , I think she is great, but I hope she can win back that regents and Mrs Frederick they must be so mad at her for what she did

aretood2
March 23rd, 2012, 05:57 PM
She will always be my favorite character , I think she is great, but I hope she can win back that regents and Mrs Frederick they must be so mad at her for what she did

She needs some substance....and yes I'll say it...she needs to grow up some. Can't play the young lost kid for much longer. Hopefully this new development will lead to that.

mandogater
March 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM
She needs some substance....and yes I'll say it...she needs to grow up some. Can't play the young lost kid for much longer. Hopefully this new development will lead to that.

I'm really intrigued to see where they go with her this season.

LtColCarter
March 24th, 2012, 10:29 AM
I'm really intrigued to see where they go with her this season.

I know...this should be an interesting season.