This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trust: What happened?

It's been a long time since I watched the final seasons of the show. Whatever happened to the Trust? I've been watching the show from the beginning with my mom (we're in Season 2). Recently, it donned on me... the System Lords were defeated, but what happened to the Goa'uld hiding out on Earth? Did that storyline ever get resolved, or was it left open? Just the thought of one Goa'uld underling hiding out on Earth is downright scary.

If I remember correctly, after Baal took over The Trust the Jaffa sorted them out. They weren't as big a threat in previous seasons because the Jaffa were showing up at Trust facilities and killing everything that moved.

They were still around though. Athena was never caught and McKay thought they were responsible for kidnapping his sister during SGA's fourth season and Barrett at one point thought it too. They just weren't that much of a threat any more and we don't really know just how far the Goa'uld infiltration went as things were going bad for them, but once the Jaffa got through with them they weren't much of a threat. Didn't help the Goa'uld had more things to worry about such as Free Jaffa and the Ori.

sigpic

Comment

I get that they're not exactly a threat to the galaxy or even the SGC. Still, a Goa'uld could still do a lot of local damage. Look at what just one Goa'uld got away with in the Atlantis second-season episode "Critical Mass."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        I get that they're not exactly a threat to the galaxy or even the SGC. Still, a Goa'uld could still do a lot of local damage. Look at what just one Goa'uld got away with in the Atlantis second-season episode "Critical Mass."
        One Goa'uld got away with that when the Trust were at the height of their power, but the economy tanked and the Jaffa showed up. Probably more interested in their stock portfolio and keeping their heads down.

sigpic

Comment

It's just horrible to think what the host must be going through.

Comment

Working...
          X