Farscape #23, the Penultimate issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farscape #23, the Penultimate issue

I just picked up issue #23. While I'm sad that this is the second two last issue, I'm really pleased with how the run of Farscape has succeeded in it's comic form.

This issue was terrific, and has that great feel of the intensely personal, while simultaneously vast, Farscape universe.

I know I've ragged on the art in some issues, but I really appreciated it in this one. The battle scenes look fantastic, and I think the glow of the Dej-Wah really added to the feel of the issue. It's pretty cool to see the kkore stuck in their cold ships in contrast to the warm glow of the Dej-Wah.

Spoiler:
    The final twist was another fitting sacrifice for Farscape. Sad to see Jothee go, but better to go out like that.

Hopefully, I won't have to wait too long to get my hands on this one. It should be on its way to me soon.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So, after the 24th issue, the ongoing series ends?

In any case, the story's still nice (and the art could still be better, IMHO). Nice twist near the end, but, as with all the issues, I wish the comic were longer.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, sadly the next issue is the last. #23 was very good IMO. They have a lot to wrap up in the last issue.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So...no more Farscape stuff after the 24th comic?
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, I thought the series was ongoing
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Oh, I thought the series was ongoing
              It probably isn't selling enough copies. It was fun while it lasted though, that is for sure.
              sigpic
              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
              X