Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you continue Stargate Universe? (series finale spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you continue Stargate Universe? (series finale spoilers)

The same thread appears on SG1 and SGA forums, so I thought I'd bring one here. Not a "how would you have ended it?" (which does exist) but "what sorts of things would you have included on the way?"

I'll start

So, we know that Destiny has some pretty impressive telepathic abilities, and that at the moment their only communication to Earth is via the stones. I can see a plot (maybe becoming a two-parter) where one of the scientists realises that they can use the chair to go virtual, whilst using the stones. What I mean is, at the moment the problem with the stones is they can't show anything, or take anything, apart from what the people involved see and remember. Somehow this virtual interface (since it's all mental) would allow the computer to get in on the act. Meaning data from Earth can effectively entered direction into the computer, albeit audio-visually. Obviously, something would go wrong...

Comment

well I would start by having eli flying through the ship with artificial gravity turned of to give him more time for life support, I would have him be going crazy and seeing people from the crew while he tries to fix the pod.

somewere I would have an episode were bad guys from the pegasus galaxy use the fog planet to dial destiny

an episode were an alien race that can use the stargates sends there version of a malp to destiny cause a new address appeard

Comment

i was thinking about this the other day. and thought of this weird scenario:

eli tries to fix the cell, and can't figure it out. he is starting to run out of time when another ship comes by, they are some of the residents of their offspring that took referage on a different planet. revealing that they combined with another alien race are really advance, and would make a good ally to fight against the blues. anyhow eli goes with them to try to figure out a way to save destiny and the rest of the crew. and after a year or so they do manage to figure out how to protect destiny from the enemy, and be able to use the stargates again. at this point they wake up the rest of the crew, so there is some interesting culture shock for them, and how eli has changed over the year. of course this wouldn't end the show but set up a really cool season. which eventually would end in some of them getting home.

of course they wouldn't have really done this because it wouldn't really have the other characters in it until the end.
        Last edited by blueray; 04 September 2011, 06:45 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I had the idea that (based on evidence from "Darkness") that the shuttles have their own independent power supplies separate from Destiny. With time running out Eli figures out how to "recharge" the EVA suits in the shuttle and also stock piles a few of the supplies and just isolates himself in the shuttle when he's not working on the stasis pod.

(Basically, this idea is a fanfic that I'm in the process of developing and will probably write just to get it out of my head so be warned it going to be presented here in half fic ideas and half "script lingo"... You have been warned)

Anyway, in continuing with my idea: while still in the drone controlled galaxy, Destiny drops out of FTL due to a dial in. As the wormhole connects, the "camera" cuts to some far away reaches of space where two command ships are just drifting. in an internal "shot" similar to when we first saw Destiny in "Air, Pt1" we are shown some kind of control room where a tracking system activates and Destiny's position is located.

Back on Destiny, the main characters are just coming out of stasis thinking the threat has passed, but get a bit of a shock when they see people from Earth standing next to the console that controls the pods. Stories are exchanged briefly, explaining what was going on until Chloe begins to wonder where Eli is. Thats when he walks around the corner (physically changed a small bit) and begins explaining what happened with him. Then the ones from Earth explain that the Langarans agreed to help dial after the results of the events from "Seizure" are studied and that they have brought equipment to help improve Destiny's efficiency AND they have a plan stop the drones for good.

It definitely needs to be refined but thats my idea of it..

Comment

I have TJ completely go off the rails.

Comment

If the series had continued, I would have imagined Earth would have sorted out a deal with Langara in the 3 years the crew have been in pods, but obviously couldn't dial in until Destiny crossed the Void, otherwise they'd have fallen short. So that's their supply chain set up and everyone's grand and dandy !

But how I dreamed of the series going was Destiny being completely cut off from Earth. Maybe spending an episode realising that the stone connections were failing and soon would no longer connect at all. Leaving Destiny to fend for itself, for awhile anyways, the last message from Earth would be that they're sending their new F-305 after Destiny with a ZPM onboard. But it would still take them the better part of 2 years to catch up. So we'd have stone connections between Destiny and this new crew. It'd also allow for new, sort of regulars on the show.

Also, the show was originally planned for five seasons, so realistically, Destiny must have been on the last leg of its journey to do whatever it was built to do. So I would have liked to see an Ancient, just one, maybe the one who masterminded the launch of Destiny, descend on the ship to see what lay at the end of the line. Ascended or not, surely they'd have liked to see what was there !

Whisht, i just had a brainstorm about the F-305. No ZPM, but Earth have managed to implement Destiny's sun recharging idea into their new ship, and with Asgard enhanced Hyperspace drives it will make the journey in a reasonable amount of time !
              Last edited by VengefulSpud; 04 September 2011, 07:14 PM. Reason: Brainstorm !
              sigpic
              What a show !

Comment

eli trying to fix the pod and seeing people from the crew as he does so, but near the end he somehow realizes that whenever he speaks to rush it isn't his imagination but rather the second rush from twin destiny's who with help from the chair managed to ascend and tells eli how to fix the pod

Comment

Originally posted by LDG View Post
                  eli trying to fix the pod and seeing people from the crew as he does so, but near the end he somehow realizes that whenever he speaks to rush it isn't his imagination but rather the second rush from twin destiny's who with help from the chair managed to ascend and tells eli how to fix the pod
                  Yea, love that idea, always thought there might be more to that story.

I also am very intrigued with the ship's AI. What if the crew is 'visited' during their time in stasis by Destiny, where the AI is trying to help these people with their 'problems'. But of coarse what Destiny thinks is a problem, may not be what the crew thinks are problems! The idea that can an AI really understand humans?
                  sigpic

Comment

Eli would fix a stasis pod and enter it. But the whole crew will wake up not in three years, but if few thousand years. Few characters die in stasis (f.e. Wray or Chloe)
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Twist on the above, Eli "fixes" the pods, only to discover he and the entire crew have actually all been in the pods since their arrival... it's all been a mass hallucination/dream induced by the AI to pass the time. On their actual arrival their was insufficient resources so the ship itself had them jump into the pods within 6 hours...

Comment

That idea would suck... All of it being a dream from the get go.

Comment

...and then they wake and find that that itself was an hallucination, caused by being in the pods. They were crossing the void and Eli did survive...

Comment

have them drop out just short of the other galaxy and have aliens from that galaxy dial in investigating a new address, have the ship revive eli, rush, young and scot to deal with the aliens (the ship having about a day's life support left) after quarantining the aliens have someone (probably scott) voic concern that the aliens might send more people to help the first aliens, have this give eli an Idea, make the destiny take power from the stargate instead of destiny providing the stargate power, they complete the needed adjustments just in time for the aliens to dial in again, destinies gate gets power from the aliens gate and destiny drains that power to recharge, while this is happening the aliens send a another group to destiny to determine why the first group never came back (this group more heavily armed) the moment the stargate disconnects destiny jumps having got just enough power to get to the nearest star, meanwhile eli, rush, scott and young hide from the aliens untill they get to the star, the second group of aliens finds the first group of aliensa and frees them, after the destiny reaches the star and recharges the rest the crew are revived, the aliens fallback to the gate room, eli sees one address and tells young that that is propably were the aliens came from and if they dial there they might go back, so they dial, the aliens go back through the stargate and they jump soon after to get out of stargate range of the aliens planet.

Comment

keep it the way it was with more seasons coming

Comment

Working...
                              X