PDA

View Full Version : Season 4 Coming Soon!

Whytewytch
August 31st, 2011, 07:34 AM
Just found this vid (http://www.youtube.com/user/sam1Helen)on YouTube, with Amanda Tapping announcing the return of Sanctuary this Oct 7 at 10 pm! TOTAL YAYS! Can't wait to see more of RyRo and this awesome show in general. :D

Dixie_Vampiress
August 31st, 2011, 08:27 AM
YESSS! Bring it!

StarSancFar
September 5th, 2011, 09:33 AM
WoopWoop! Any news on when it will be in the UK? It better not be like months later like it was before! :eek:

Samantha.Majka
September 5th, 2011, 09:35 AM
I can't wait to see new episodes of Sanctuary. And Amanda said that the beginning of season 4 would be awesome and epic. So .. BRING IT ON!!

Elorendil
September 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
I can't wait! I'm super excited. Glad I haven't had to wait as long as you all for the new season: I just started watching Sanctuary about two months ago and caught up to the end of season 3 last month...

kes
September 6th, 2011, 01:57 PM
NEW TRAILER! http://video.syfy.com/shows/sanctuary/v1352413

selene0789
September 6th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Oh, oh my... *scampers off to watch*

selene0789
September 6th, 2011, 08:11 PM
O. M. G.!

Awesome awesome awesome! I can't wait! I got a Sanctuary T-shirt (unofficial, I'm sure) that I got for the express purpose of wearing every Friday night while I watch Sanctuary. THAT is just how excited I am about this.

And wait... so does that mean the cat-eyed chick whose death was pinned on Will really isn't dead? Or are we assuming some things change when Magnus goes back to the 1800s?

EH-T
September 7th, 2011, 08:16 AM
O. M. G.!

Awesome awesome awesome! I can't wait! I got a Sanctuary T-shirt (unofficial, I'm sure) that I got for the express purpose of wearing every Friday night while I watch Sanctuary. THAT is just how excited I am about this.

And wait... so does that mean the cat-eyed chick whose death was pinned on Will really isn't dead? Or are we assuming some things change when Magnus goes back to the 1800s?

Since the clip is a mix of new (season 4) and old (season 3) material, it could be from the season 3 final ep and she is dead. However, I did not check to see if there is a scene where she says that exact line. It is possible that when Helen returns to the present there is some sort of reset. We'll just have to wait and see! :D

fems
September 7th, 2011, 10:41 AM
She said "here on the surface" so I assume she's alive and well. Before she would have simply said "on the surface" or something similar.

What I did notice though, on the vids from the Dragon Con panel was that they hardly mentioned Kate. I think AT only mentioned Kate once and for the rest they were talking about the three (or four, with CH playing two characters) of them, Henry and Adam. And sometimes they mentioned a recurring guest star (unfortunately including Abby). Does anyone know if Agam's role is coming to an end or if she has fewer appearances? Not that I'd mind or anything, never really warmed up to the character.

EH-T
September 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
She said "here on the surface" so I assume she's alive and well. Before she would have simply said "on the surface" or something similar.

What I did notice though, on the vids from the Dragon Con panel was that they hardly mentioned Kate. I think AT only mentioned Kate once and for the rest they were talking about the three (or four, with CH playing two characters) of them, Henry and Adam. And sometimes they mentioned a recurring guest star (unfortunately including Abby). Does anyone know if Agam's role is coming to an end or if she has fewer appearances? Not that I'd mind or anything, never really warmed up to the character.

I don't know the extent of the use of the character in season 4 but I do know she is there. For example, AD was tweeting about heading back to BC from Banff for some final days of filming.

fems
September 7th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Yes, I read about some things mentioning her shooting scenes and everything, but I found it odd that they didn't mention her at all (with the exception of AT once on the Sunday con, I think).

EH-T
September 7th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Yes, I read about some things mentioning her shooting scenes and everything, but I found it odd that they didn't mention her at all (with the exception of AT once on the Sunday con, I think).

Because there were some negative things said when the character came on in place of Ashley they may have wanted to avoid the subject in case there were some fans who don't handle change in their TV shows well (ie like grown ups). On the other hand, it could just be a matter of the questions focusing on the people there. Or RD often being off topic!

Calluna
September 7th, 2011, 05:34 PM
I think Kate will certainly be a series regular, even if not in all the episodes this season. The worst fan reaction was in S2 where she seemed to take over so many episodes with no real reason why the character was so great IMHO, and she made it through that to acceptance. In S3 I liked her quite a lot because she wasn't the main storyline most episodes and was paired with Biggie or Declan with whom Agam Darshi was funny without being OTT. I much prefer her to Abby, who is a decent actress but the character is totally meh for me.

In most of those interviews they seem to be focusing on the most high profile storylines in interviews and cons right now, which is mostly Magnus orientated.

fems
September 8th, 2011, 03:47 AM
Yes, but it really stood out for me that she wasn't mentioned by anyone, with the exception of AT one time on the Sunday con.

Especially when CH and AT were talking about history and the Five (and a half) and how CH liked those stories and then RD was like: yeah sure, you guys go back in time and, well, me and Henry will just stay at the Sanctuary in boring present time.

And other situations like that, where they mention Henry/Abby/The Big Guy but not Kate.

Another thing that struck me as odd was when AT was talking about strong women (could have been after the question about Sam having to prove herself but Magnus not) and she said that they always tried to portray the women right and make them round characters etc etc. All I could think of was: what about Abby?!

I agree that they went over the top with Kate in the beginning (still don't really like her), but they did the total opposite with Abby who is supposed to be an FBI agent. Hopefully they will add to her character in the next season(s), because I really don't like how ditzy she is.

kes
September 8th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Another thing that struck me as odd was when AT was talking about strong women (could have been after the question about Sam having to prove herself but Magnus not) and she said that they always tried to portray the women right and make them round characters etc etc. All I could think of was: what about Abby?!

I agree that they went over the top with Kate in the beginning (still don't really like her), but they did the total opposite with Abby who is supposed to be an FBI agent. Hopefully they will add to her character in the next season(s), because I really don't like how ditzy she is.

Me too! If I had been there I would have said: "What happen with Abby?"
May be rude but I would not have been able to stop myself.
Plus a lot of ppl hate Abby and no one was rude. Why would they be rude now because of Kate?

Her tweets also changed. From Spy Sanctuary to trivia and she tweeted a lot less about Sanctuary but she still did so she's still there. I'm hoping just not a lot. Like 5 out of 13 :p

selene0789
September 8th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Maybe she'll phone it in for the fourth season :) But it's unlikely. There were twitpics of Pascale Hutton on set. Btw, I was in the hotel this weekend and caught the tail end of "Cats & Dogs 2". And guess who was in it, as the underutilized arm candy for the handsome human protagonist? Yup, you guessed it: Pascale Hutton. :D

I also recognized her in a Volcano in NY SyFy original movie a little while ago. I was so proud of myself, cuz the shot was dark and musty, and I only got a glimpse of her, but then I was like "SERIOUSLY?!" I was smirking triumphantly the whole rest of the movie.

Because really, there wasn't much of a movie to watch besides the sole recognizable person on the cast :) Oh, and she didn't die, btw.

majorsal
September 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Me too! If I had been there I would have said: "What happen with Abby?"
May be rude but I would not have been able to stop myself.
Plus a lot of ppl hate Abby and no one was rude. Why would they be rude now because of Kate?

Her tweets also changed. From Spy Sanctuary to trivia and she tweeted a lot less about Sanctuary but she still did so she's still there. I'm hoping just not a lot. Like 5 out of 13 :p

omg... what if agam is being pushed back to big time recurring, but abby is replacing kate's importance to the team/show? :S

kes
September 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
omg... what if agam is being pushed back to big time recurring, but abby is replacing kate's importance to the team/show? :S
Ah the irony.

fems
September 8th, 2011, 03:36 PM

I doubt it... I don't recall exactly what AT and RD said about PH (there was a question about her, I think on Friday, but I watched all the vids at once so I'm not sure), but it sounded like she made a few guest appearances, nothing more important. What I did notice though was how there was a lot of emphasis on Will's bad luck in his love life (someone even asked if it was payback for Sam - to which AT replied with a yes :P ), but I didn't think it was that bad? Yeah, he and Meg had already broken up in the pilot and then later on he gets together with Clara who ends up dead, and in Pavor Nocturnus he and Kate had a son and she died, but he has Abby now doesn't he?

selene0789
September 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Abby could not possibly replace Kate on the team. I mean, what does Abby offer in terms of skills that Will couldn't give? And she's not strong enough, characterwise.

But I would still like to see Abby turn out to be a baddie. I have this image in my head of Abby's sheepish goofy grin slowly morphing into a totally evil smile with a dangerous glint in her eye. That'd be one way to give the woman an edge. :)

lastrequest
October 8th, 2011, 04:15 AM
Has anyone heard anything about S4 in the UK yet? I don't mind watching it on my laptop I'd just much prefer to be able to watch it on the tele :o

blueray
October 10th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Abby could not possibly replace Kate on the team. I mean, what does Abby offer in terms of skills that Will couldn't give? And she's not strong enough, characterwise.

But I would still like to see Abby turn out to be a baddie. I have this image in my head of Abby's sheepish goofy grin slowly morphing into a totally evil smile with a dangerous glint in her eye. That'd be one way to give the woman an edge. :)

they better not replace her with abby! i can't stand her lol. kate at least has a good reason to be there and she can take care of herself in the situations they get in.