PDA

View Full Version : Save SGU facebook page

generaloneill
August 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
As some of you may know there is a save SGU page on facebook so if you haven't done so allready head over there and click like.

Just type in Save Stargate Universe.

Pharaoh Atem
August 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Or type

Wasting your time

Sgu"s dead accept it

hedwig
August 28th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry, but no petition is going to save SGU. Like SG1 and SGA, it is now history. It was cancelled and will not be back.

Tanith0709
August 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Did this topic travel forward in time by 7 months?

Krisz
August 28th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Or we've stepped into an alternate reality, where there is a possibility! :P

I suppose we could take solace in the fact that they are filming the 3rd season in another reality! All we need now is a quantum mirror and we can enjoy season 3 of SGU!

The chances of SGU returning are about the same as ending up in an alternate universe!

hedwig
August 28th, 2011, 09:22 AM
Did this topic travel forward in time by 7 months?

Probably.

auroraclass1
August 28th, 2011, 10:19 AM
However while the show is dead what u should be trying to do is to get a movie made. But either way its a dead because sadly it will never happen.

generaloneill
August 28th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Or type

Wasting your time

Sgu"s dead accept it

Can't hurt to try if SGU gets good sales on DVD we might get an SGU movie if it worked for firefly it can work for SGU.

jelgate
August 28th, 2011, 01:20 PM
Can't hurt to try if SGU gets good sales on DVD we might get an SGU movie if it worked for firefly it can work for SGU.Do you know how many save campaigns have used that example for justification?:P

Tanith0709
August 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Can't hurt to try if SGU gets good sales on DVD we might get an SGU movie if it worked for firefly it can work for SGU.

No offense but you do know how much time has passed since the cancellation?

The sets have been taken down (some even sold off), cast/writers/producers moved onto other projects, MGM having no interest in anything Stargate related etc. What your suggesting has already been tried by campaigns and to be frank they failed.

KEK
August 28th, 2011, 01:22 PM

The sets have been taken down, the chances of a live-action continuation are all but zero. A campaign for novels or comics would have more chance of working, but even then I wouldn't bet on it.

Pharaoh Atem
August 28th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Do you know how many save campaigns have used that example for justification?:P and it worked.

Pharaoh Atem
August 28th, 2011, 02:02 PM

sadly stargate fans will never get that motivated

jelgate
August 28th, 2011, 02:09 PM
and it worked.On 1 show.

KEK
August 28th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Yeah, and even then Serenity bombed.

majorsal
August 28th, 2011, 04:32 PM
sadly stargate fans will never get that motivated

not's what left of this fandom, no. :p

all the ppl that used to be really motivated... they finally just gave up. i'm not ready to give up, but a small amount of fans can't get anything done, including the simple task of tweeting mgm to let them know we're still interested (like brad wright suggested to us).

KEK
August 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM
I think a bigger problem is agreeing on what we want to get done in the first place. I'd love for any part of the franchise (sans SG94 or Infinity) to come back as a series or movie, but I'm not going to waste my time campaigning for something like that because I know it's not going to happen. I'd get right behind a campaign for novels or comics though.

majorsal
August 28th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I think a bigger problem is agreeing on what we want to get done in the first place. I'd love for any part of the franchise (sans SG94 or Infinity) to come back as a series or movie, but I'm not going to waste my time campaigning for something like that because I know it's not going to happen. I'd get right behind a campaign for novels or comics though.

i'm behind a combo sg1/atlantis/sgu movie first, and second, if the movie won't be made, then either a publication of the sg1/atlantis movie scripts, or novelize the scripts.

my heart lies with the sg1 movie, and going even deeper, confirmation for sam/jack, *but*, i'm willing to have a combo movie, b/c i think the most fans would be given happiness and pleasure from that outcome.

(((stargate fans)))

KEK
August 29th, 2011, 12:14 PM
SaveSGU on the news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOYXx1Y7PoQ

jeri
August 29th, 2011, 07:49 PM
Ya know, if the SaveSGU thing gives some people an outlet for their frustration, then it's a good thing.

Snowman37
August 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Or type

Wasting your time

Sgu"s dead accept it
Well said! :)

Ya know, if the SaveSGU thing gives some people an outlet for their frustration, then it's a good thing.
Surely there are more constructive ways to alleviate frustration?

Pharaoh Atem
August 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, and even then Serenity bombed. only a million short of it's budget which yes is bad but the mivie it'self was a satisfying ending to the overall arc

Daveed
August 30th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Or we've stepped into an alternate reality, where there is a possibility! :P

I suppose we could take solace in the fact that they are filming the 3rd season in another reality! All we need now is a quantum mirror and we can enjoy season 3 of SGU!

The chances of SGU returning are about the same as ending up in an alternate universe!

So we have a chance then. Awesome! :D

Just kidding... :)

I would be satisfied with some form of closure, a book, a comic, even just some words from Brad on what would've happened at the end of the 5th season (they were planning to run for 5 seasons), what was the end for Destiny's mission.

Nezo
August 30th, 2011, 01:54 AM
SGU was ace i loved it I want to see what happens It must come back.

jeri
August 30th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Well said! :)

Surely there are more constructive ways to alleviate frustration?

To each his own. I would not even begin to tell someone how they should grieve.

generaloneill
September 1st, 2011, 05:34 AM
Check out the album FANS SHOWING SGU LOVE Album #3, on the SGU FB page there are some excellent fanmade pics there.