This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurricane Irene

Anyone live on the East Coast bracing for Irene? Do you have to evacuate? What are you doing to prepare? I live in Ocean County, NJ. So where I live, we may not get hit so hard. (at least I hope not) But, any of those who are in the path of Irene, be safe. Be prepared for worst, but hope for the best.
    sigpic
    Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

I wish the same as Sue. I have a cousins whose son, is going to Princeton.

Comment

get out the rafts I guess as that might be the only way of getting around in these areas

Comment

Not really a huge issue for me living in the Midwest. Worse case scenario is it might generate a few thunderstorms
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

As if the latest track the right side of the storm is going directly hit me

Lots of rain and wind I can't wait
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            As if the latest track the right side of the storm is going directly hit me

Lots of rain and wind I can't wait
            wouldn't expect any different from you
            Grimm returns October 24
            sigpic

Signature and Avatar by Hyndara71 - Thank you very much
            Profile Picture by BM-Shipper

Comment

So I am going to the East Coast near New York on Holiday and your having Earthquakes and Hurricanes, do you not want me to come, is that it? .

Comment

Well, it was nice knowing you while it lasted Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by mi_guard View Post
                  wouldn't expect any different from you
                  I can't wait I'm going to try to take video during the storm I'm hoping the forecast for the wind is going to hold but I'm not looking forward to the 4+ inches of rain

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                    So I am going to the East Coast near New York on Holiday and your having Earthquakes and Hurricanes, do you not want me to come, is that it? .
                    yes..all a vast conspiracy....

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      yes..all a vast conspiracy....
                      weren't supposed to tell him

Comment

The High Altitude Auroral Research Project conspiracy, man.

Comment

I work in a travel agency in Israel, and we're having a torrent of calls asking to cancel flights to the US because of the hurricane warning.
                          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                            I work in a travel agency in Israel, and we're having a torrent of calls asking to cancel flights to the US because of the hurricane warning.
                            nothin' more thrilling than riding a plane into a Cat5 hurricane....what a buncha wimps.......j/k

Comment

I'm not right on the Jersey shore, but I'm in the path. Have food, flashlights, water, inflatable mattress, important papers, an emergency evac bag and Stargate DVD's for as long as the power lasts. I hope Jack gets that Touchstone back in place fast.

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Working...
                              X