Destiny's Pulse Weapons and Ancient Drone Firepower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destiny's Pulse Weapons and Ancient Drone Firepower

Which is more powerful weapon? The Destiny's pulse weapons, or the drones? I know that the drones can pass through enemy vessel's shields, but which is more powerful?

I'd say the drones, since they are more advanced.

Comment

drones by a mile since they're, well uhm, 1 million years give or take more advanced

Comment

The drones surely although I think the weapon on the Lagrangian Point Satellites is even more powerful than the drones.
        sigpic

Comment

But could the Destiny's pulse weapons make damage to a ship? For example a Goa'uld Hatak Ship.

Comment

Question: When if ever were they called Pulse weapons?

Comment

Well this is also a good question! Are they pulse weapons or energy weapons?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony23310 View Post
                Which is more powerful weapon? The Destiny's pulse weapons, or the drones? I know that the drones can pass through enemy vessel's shields, but which is more powerful?
                Well, for one. The drone's passing through Destiny's shield wasn't so much a function of their offense as it was a flaw in the Destiny expedition's defense. They tuned Destiny's shield to a precise frequency in hopes of better defending against the drone's weapons, but at the expense of blocking any other kind of bombardment—which the drones quickly adapted to and thus they commenced their kamikaze runs.

As far as who's weapons are more effective, it seems like a difficult comparison because of both the age difference and the difference in damage that the respective ships have taken. Destiny's pretty battle hardened, the drones—while old—don't seem to be in that poor of condition (considering that if they were to take any damage they pretty much just blow up). On top of that, Destiny's running at 40% power so its weapons are likely far less effective than they were in Destiny's prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesop View Post
                  Well, for one. The drone's passing through Destiny's shield wasn't so much a function of their offense as it was a flaw in the Destiny expedition's defense. They tuned Destiny's shield to a precise frequency in hopes of better defending against the drone's weapons, but at the expense of blocking any other kind of bombardment—which the drones quickly adapted to and thus they commenced their kamikaze runs.

As far as who's weapons are more effective, it seems like a difficult comparison because of both the age difference and the difference in damage that the respective ships have taken. Destiny's pretty battle hardened, the drones—while old—don't seem to be in that poor of condition (considering that if they were to take any damage they pretty much just blow up). On top of that, Destiny's running at 40% power so its weapons are likely far less effective than they were in Destiny's prime.
                  I think the OP is referring to the Ancient drones like the ones on Atlantis, puddle jumpers, aurora class warships and the Antarctic outpost etc, not the drones attacking Destiny in SGU.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                    I think the OP is referring to the Ancient drones like the ones on Atlantis, puddle jumpers, aurora class warships and the Antarctic outpost etc, not the drones attacking Destiny in SGU.
                    Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm used to people calling them 'drones' or 'drone weapons'.

That's funny then that this subject came up because a couple of days ago I was curious just how powerful Destiny's energy weapons were when she was in her prime, in comparison to all of the projectile-based and energy-based weapons in the previous series. I thought it'd be interesting if the Ancients decided that, given Destiny's mission and how long it might take, they outfitted it with some seriously potent weaponry to assure the missions success. Even at 40% capacity the weapons batteries are pretty effective.

Comment

given how it dispatches a Drone Ship, i'd say it's roughly 4-10 times as powerful as a goauld standard ha'tak weapon.

the weapon is simply not comparable to a Drone Weapon. they're vastly more powerful and at the very least 10 million years less advanced

Comment

I agree, although Destinies weapons are old and damaged, Drone weapons are better. Drone weapons might be able to go through Nakai shielding. It looked like Auora class vessels have pulse weaponry however, and those pulse cannons are probably more powerful then Destinies pulse weapons.
                        sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Gormagon View Post
                          I agree, although Destinies weapons are old and damaged, Drone weapons are better. Drone weapons might be able to go through Nakai shielding. It looked like Auora class vessels have pulse weaponry however, and those pulse cannons are probably more powerful then Destinies pulse weapons.
                          I don't know why but I thought I heard that only the Asuran Aurora-class ships had those pulse weapons. Either way, it seems likely that Destiny's energy weapons could be predecessors to those.

Comment

Watch the first H.F.R Atlantas episode again, the weapons they are firing are not Drones, then watch the Atlantas episode with the super volcano, if you pause it on the ancient ship in several scenes you see what look like pulse weapons. Plus, it would make no sense not to have directed energy weaponry on their ships, you run out of Drones eventually.
                            Last edited by Gormagon; 27 August 2011, 02:43 PM.
                            sigpicHe who controls the spice controls the universe!(And the kitchen.)

If you enjoy Minecraft or have never played but like building and exploring please check out Craftyn.com and apply for roamer status on the server at http://www.craftyn.com/forms/2/respond It is a well modded towny type server with a strong core community and lots of mini games and events. My user name is TrueGormagon and you are welcome to join the great city of Eden, Craftyns oldest player made city. (2011)

Comment

it's atlantis

Comment

Working...
                              X