Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Return Atlantis to Pegasus or not? (assume spoilers for the whole series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return Atlantis to Pegasus or not? (assume spoilers for the whole series)

POLL QUESTION: If SGA had gotten a sixth season or a movie wrapup, would you have wanted Atlantis to return to Pegasus, or would you want it to stay on Earth or somewhere close by?

I know there are a lot of people with strong opinions on both sides of the question. The thread's open for discussion on the subject, but please remember to follow forum rules about respecting other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

*I will be asking the mods to turn this into a poll. - Done! Thank you!
    Return to Pegasus
    77.27%
    Stay on Earth
    16.67%
    Don't care
    3.03%
    Other
    3.03%
    Last edited by Killdeer; 18 August 2011, 02:37 PM.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

1. Return Atlantis to Pegasus.
    2. Have Pegasus natives really hold a grudge for what we dared doing with the city (taking it away from Pegasus).
    3. Have the humans land it so badly that it's actually damaged.
    4. Have it be destroyed once and for all so we can move on. Atlantis, just like the Odyssey, is too powerful to be allowed to be in Tau'ri hands.
    The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
      POLL QUESTION: If SGA had gotten a sixth season or a movie wrapup, would you have wanted Atlantis to return to Pegasus, or would you want it to stay on Earth or somewhere close by?

I know there are a lot of people with strong opinions on both sides of the question. The thread's open for discussion on the subject, but please remember to follow forum rules about respecting other people's opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

*I will be asking the mods to turn this into a poll.
      i think i would have liked them to stay on earth, becoming the new sgc of earth.

but the earth gate could be moved to the moon, as our alternate gate/back up.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Other - I would rather it had stayed in pegasus to begin with but with it in the MW galaxy I thing it should be moved to a planet with no current gate and used as a secret Alpha type site that the rest of the galaxy doesn't know about, so that we can use it as an emergency evac site and continue to study it now.
        sigpic

Comment

The poll is now open for voting - thank you to the mods.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Return to Pegasus and and resume either neutralizing the Wraith, or making alliances with them. And before they go download an ENTIRE copy of the Ancient Database on Earth so they can figure out a way to reach Destiny safely.

Comment

Stay on Earth

we have no reason to return to Pegasus
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Tactically speaking since it has the only intergalactic hyperdrive known to that galaxy, returning it to Pegasus to become a potential Wraith invasion vector would be pretty stupid.

Considering it was basically stolen from the Pegasus natives though, their one real chance of potentially resiting the Wraith, and that on top of that Earth doesn't even really need it with all the other wanktech amassed in their horde, returning it would definitely be the right thing to do.

Best bet is to let the Wraith civil war cool off a bit while monitoring it with 304s then return it after things settle down to one of two groups depending on how diplomatic contact works out with whatever Wraith entity emerges victorious.

If the contact goes well and they're receptive to things like alternate food sources and finally dropping the whole "spacegoing hunter gather society" nonsense you return it to "the peoples of Pegasus" in general as a diplomatic gesture along with all Earth knows about the Ancients and their ancestry.

If the contact goes badly and the Wraith stay dicks give it to the Travelers, preferably with cargo holds full of naquada boosted orbit to surface capable nuclear missiles, and let them make sure the bug people don't have too many sweet dreams the next time their entire society has to go to bed at once to avoid extinction.

Comment

I think that they should stay out of Pegasus at least to begin with until the waith are dealt with but Atlantis shouldn't stay on Earth, maybe find a planet in the Milky Way to settle on.

Comment

Atlantis has a responsibility to uphold in Pegasus - so return it must.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I say return it to Pegasus because it truly belongs there, and the races in the Pegasus Galaxy need the resources of Atlantis to fight off the Wraith. Plus...keeping it on Earth would be too much of security risk especially when the people of Earth is not ready for truth.
                      sigpic
                      Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Atlantis has a responsibility to uphold in Pegasus - so return it must.
                        Agreed.

Besides, I wanted SGA to be different from SG-1. Having Atlantis on Earth just makes that distinction even fuzzier.

Comment

I vote Back to Pegasus. It just seems like the right thing to do.
                          sigpic

Comment

I agree with everybody who say return Atlantis to Pegasus.

Comment

Back to Pegasus. Atlantis belongs there.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
                              Sig & Avi by Josi
                              sigpic
                              LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
                              I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Working...
                              X