FOX: ''Doesn't expect Fringe to grow in audience''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOX: ''Doesn't expect Fringe to grow in audience''

Read this recently, and it DOES sound like FOX are behind Fringe. They also stated that if the show can maintain its audience for Season 4 then it's safe for another year!

So come on Fringe fans! Keep watching LIVE if you have the box!

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/fri...expecting.html

"I don’t expect Fringe to grow,” Reilly told critics at the network’s press tour in Beverly Hills... If Fringe can do exactly what Fringe did last year, we’re going to be very happy. They’re right in the pocket creatively once again."

Only a MONTH left till Season 4 begins!

That's good news if Fringe can keep the numbers up. I agree there's not much chance of the numbers growing at this stage, It's too far into a complex story for people to pick it up unless they buy the dvd's first and catch up.
    sigpic

Comment

Yep...posted a similar story in the news thread not too long ago.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

They only need one more year for season 5 don't they ? that's all they ever said it was gonna take to finish out the story
        sigpic
        What a show !

Comment

Originally posted by VengefulSpud View Post
          They only need one more year for season 5 don't they ? that's all they ever said it was gonna take to finish out the story
          True and if they get the 5 seasons it would be great but TV execs don't care how many seasons a show needs to finish it's story, they cancel them when it suits them.
          sigpic

Comment

There's been rumours of a 7-year story. For where the story began and where it is now, I don't understand how that's doable but it would be nice. In any case, word is that the writers/producers have the series finale of the show roughly laid out/planned. So if they get cancelled, they can put together a proper series finale pretty quickly.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I want a prequel charting Walter's adventures in the 70s.
              sigpic

Comment

I always thought that the people behind this series basically meant FOX was going to bend over backwards and support it, no matter what the number are. It appears I am right.

I love the series an wish other shows would get the same kind of support, Eureka, SGU and Camelot.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  I always thought that the people behind this series basically meant FOX was going to bend over backwards and support it, no matter what the number are. It appears I am right.

I love the series an wish other shows would get the same kind of support, Eureka, SGU and Camelot.
                  I still can't forgive fox for what they did to Firefly, Human Target (execs ruined season 2 after a great first season), Lie to me( I liked that show, the numbers weren't always great but they moved it around the schedule so much). Tru Calling (they never even aired the last filmed episode), Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Cancelled just when it was getting good). And then they moved Fringe to the Friday night deathslot, I just don't trust them even with Fringe.
                  sigpic

Comment

If season four fails, I'm not really sure it's going to be Fox's fault. If they support it with a good day/timeslot, the show will have to work it's own magic.

For me, JJ Abrams' shows tend to start going losing the plot around season 3 or 4. I lost interested in Lost during the third season, I couldn't get into Alias when the fourth season started but I'm really enjoying Fringe and would hate to see it end. I think what makes Fringe stand out is that it's about investigating these bizarre events while Alias and Lost didn't really bother and just got more bizarre in an effort to build something.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      For me, JJ Abrams' shows tend to start going losing the plot around season 3 or 4. I lost interested in Lost during the third season, I couldn't get into Alias when the fourth season started but I'm really enjoying Fringe and would hate to see it end. I think what makes Fringe stand out is that it's about investigating these bizarre events while Alias and Lost didn't really bother and just got more bizarre in an effort to build something.
                      True, Lost's third season was the weakest, just plain bad. But i think Fringe has already broken the trend. Season 3 was unreal, and the setup for season 4 was amazing. I'm confident we'll see this series end properly with season 5. Hopeful anyways !
                      sigpic
                      What a show !

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
                        I want a prequel charting Walter's adventures in the 70s.
                        I'd say we'll at least get a few more flashback episodes, the opening sequence for those episodes was savage ! They could do more 70's flashbacks with Walternate !
                        sigpic
                        What a show !

Comment

Originally posted by VengefulSpud View Post
                          I'd say we'll at least get a few more flashback episodes, the opening sequence for those episodes was savage ! They could do more 70's flashbacks with Walternate !
                          Nope, I want a prequel, preferably animated and called L.S.D. They can make the letters stand for whatever they want but I want that Acronym as the title.
                          sigpic

Comment

I love the retro episodes with their unique intro, but I think using it for regular storytelling would take away from how cool they are.

Comment

I sure hope this great show can maintain its ratings numbers. We just don't want a massive drop-off at any point. Nice and steady works for me.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X