Sha're

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sha're

I found the appropriate area for this topic.

So I was wondering why it wasn't an option to send Sha're through Thors Hammer? To save her?

Because she was in the middle of torturing Daniel with the hand device. Daniel could have been killed at any time, and while it probably could have taken Teal'c a few extra seconds to walk up and punch on the head, that same time could have allowed Amonet to send Teal'c flying with a pulse (seen a few times in the show) then go back to frying Jackson's brain.

Realistically speaking, she was always destined to die. Being taken as a host allowed the writers an easy way to get Daniel back and to join with SG1, rather than staying on Abydos with his wife even if Skaara was taken. If she had ever been safely recovered, it would have been hard to give Daniel a reason to stay with SG1. By killing her, they closed off that story but also used it to give Daniel another reason to stay, protecting Shifu. Perhaps it's just my opinion of fathers of general, but I couldn't see Daniel staying in SG1 after rescuing Sha're just to rejoin to find some other guys kid.

sigpic

Comment

i agree, that if she lived daniel wouldn't have stayed. but yeah he will would hope skara gets rescued since he is his brother inlaw right?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
        i agree, that if she lived daniel wouldn't have stayed. but yeah he will would hope skara gets rescued since he is his brother inlaw right?
        Rescuing Skaara was something Jack wanted. Skaara gave motivation for Jack rejoin the program for good, while for Daniel it was Sha're.

sigpic

Comment

I wonder, after all daniel learned of the Gou'ald, would he have stayed behind if they HAD regained Sha're'? I feel not.

Comment

Well, they broke the Hammer to get Teal'c out so there was nothing to send Shar'e through. That's why Daniel was so torn about doing it.

I still think Teal'c could have waited a while after they killed that big Goa'ulded Unas since everyone else could come and go unharmed and brought him food, but I suppose the point of the episode was a team-building thing so Daniel had to make the choice he made for the good of the show as it were.

ETA: Although, now I don't remember if the Asgaard fixed it or not? I haven't seen that episode in literally years.

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
              Well, they broke the Hammer to get Teal'c out so there was nothing to send Shar'e through. That's why Daniel was so torn about doing it.

I still think Teal'c could have waited a while after they killed that big Goa'ulded Unas since everyone else could come and go unharmed and brought him food, but I suppose the point of the episode was a team-building thing so Daniel had to make the choice he made for the good of the show as it were.

ETA: Although, now I don't remember if the Asgaard fixed it or not? I haven't seen that episode in literally years.
              The hammer was fixed in season two, Sha're died in season three.

sigpic

Comment

Simply being sent to the Cimmeria didn't guarantee that the host would survive the process. They would still need a great deal of will to override their symbiote's urge for survival, particularly if they knew what was going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                  The hammer was fixed in season two, Sha're died in season three.
                  OK, thanks. I thought maybe they did but I couldn't recall...

Comment

Working...
                  X