Can I skip season 2 for abit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I skip season 2 for abit?

My problem is that I got blurays because season 3&4 were only $15 each. Than I found season 1 for $25 so thought what they hey. I watched the first disc and decided to watch the show with my 11 year old son. Problem is once we start watching, we are going to want to keep going! I know season 2 just came out on BluRay so hoping for a sale at Christmas.

So if we find ourselves at the end of season 1, can we skip to season 3? Or should we just be patient? If that will be possible.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
    My problem is that I got blurays because season 3&4 were only $15 each. Than I found season 1 for $25 so thought what they hey. I watched the first disc and decided to watch the show with my 11 year old son. Problem is once we start watching, we are going to want to keep going! I know season 2 just came out on BluRay so hoping for a sale at Christmas.

So if we find ourselves at the end of season 1, can we skip to season 3? Or should we just be patient? If that will be possible.
    Sorry dear, but No way, S1-2 ties up the Azazel arc pretty much, to miss it would turn you into a monster worthy of being Ganked
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post

Its a Supernatural Commandment...Thou must not skip any season! All must be watched in order!

But seriously, if you skip S2...you'll be missing a lot...
      sigpic

Comment

No, it's kind of integral really. Then again I suppose it depends how much of a fan of the show you are as to whether or not you will be bothered by it but my advice is to watch it if you can.
        sigpic

Comment

Thing is also that by watching S3 first there is a lot of stuff going on in S2 you'll be spoiled with. I also wouldn't recommend it.

I am also not really sure if that show is something to share with a 11 year old. Season 3 was rated FSK 18 over here, which is equivalent to NC 17 in the States - and that for good reason. There are some scenes and concepts I consider not suitable for someone this age, and there are scenes I skip because I know what's coming, and some I wish I hadn't seen at all. But next to some very, very gory scenes there are also some concepts in the story you might not want to burden your son with.

I am sorry if I sound overly didactic with this, but I just had a case with a pupil/ student this age who was allowed to watch horror movies and it changed his personality to a degree where he wasn't able to follow class because he was too busy drawing his decapitated family and write stories where his sister was eaten alive.

In season one a lot of the gore takes place outside the screen, but that changes later. Please at least consider watching the episodes first alone before watching them with your kid. There are still a lot of episodes which are OK, but some a really difficult to cope with. Even when you're grown up.
          The cake is a lie!

Comment

I definitely would not recommend skipping Season 2. A lot goes on in that season.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I definitely would not recommend skipping Season 2. A lot goes on in that season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                I am also not really sure if that show is something to share with a 11 year old. Season 3 was rated FSK 18 over here, which is equivalent to NC 17 in the States - and that for good reason. There are some scenes and concepts I consider not suitable for someone this age, and there are scenes I skip because I know what's coming, and some I wish I hadn't seen at all. But next to some very, very gory scenes there are also some concepts in the story you might not want to burden your son with.

I am sorry if I sound overly didactic with this, but I just had a case with a pupil/ student this age who was allowed to watch horror movies and it changed his personality to a degree where he wasn't able to follow class because he was too busy drawing his decapitated family and write stories where his sister was eaten alive.

In season one a lot of the gore takes place outside the screen, but that changes later. Please at least consider watching the episodes first alone before watching them with your kid. There are still a lot of episodes which are OK, but some a really difficult to cope with. Even when you're grown up.
                So season one has been fooling me! I'm in Canada and our ratings system is slightly different in some aspects. So I went to look at the BluRay sets I bought. Rating is 14A for season 4 (next one is 18+). It's the only rating I could find. Usually a Canada sticker rating gets slapped on the Region 1 stuff and for some reason there aren't stickers on season 1 and 2. So it's a no go for him anyway. He's not allowed to watch 14A tv shows yet.

It's my niece that got him into this "horror" stuff which I like too but I'm much older than her. She's 15 now and my sister allowed her watch this stuff at a young age. She's now allowed to watch the 18+ stuff. So now I have to have a talk with her about her cousin's age and how I parent a bit differently than her mother (she's more of the let the child do whatever they want, though my niece is a pretty decent girl she still has a bit of an attitude problem sometimes). I did not want my son to see The Grudge but he saw it with her. So I though Supernatural would be a great why for him to watch stuff like this without all the over the top gore. I didn't know season 1 played it "safe" and the others do not.

Well it looks like I'm watching this by myself for a bit then! (My husband doesn't like horror) And I will hold myself back when I get to the end of season 1 and keep an eye out for season 2 on BluRay on sale. Thanks for all the input on this thread.

Comment

Problem solved! Amazon.ca lowered it price to $30 for the BluRay. So I waited and waited and watched it get lower and lower. When it reached $18 something I got twitchy and bought it!

Comment

My daughter was 12 when we started watching Spn. I always watched the episodes first and vetoed the ones I found unsuitable. But by the time she turned 14 she had seen all the eps that had aired so far. I make a point of watching them WITH my kids, though, and we talk about it afterwords. I think it's a good way to bring them back into real life and out of their fantasy world, more or less taking a step back and thinking about what they just saw.

n general, though, I find that my kids are way more hardened than me when it comes to horror and gore. I'm not a fan of that genre myself, and my kids were never permitted to watch movies or play games that were beyond their age level (which didn't always correspond to the rating). But entertainment nowadays is a lot more brutal and violent than what I grew up with, be it MTV videos or comic books, so I guess exposure is inevitable. I wouldn't stop your son from watching Spn altogether, but I'd advise some screening and discretion.

sigpic
                    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Working...
                    X