Wraith have Hyperdrive or FTL Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith have Hyperdrive or FTL Drive

Hey guys I have a question that concerns me. The Wraith have hyperdrive or FTL drive? Because in Season 3 Episode 1 Radek said that they should upgraded their FTL drive. I thought that all races have hyperdrive except the Destiny and the seed ships have FTL drive.

Hyperdrive = FTL but FTL does not mean it's a Hyperdrive.

FTL is simply Faster Than Light which encompasses everything allowing you to travel faster than light, including Stargates, Supergates, Destiny's FTl and Hyperdrives, as well as Wormholedrives

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

SGA happened before SGU was created, so the use of FTL in SG1/SGA is just a general term. As such the Wraith have hyperspace technology (which technically speaking, is FTL) but it's not as advanced as the hyperspace used by Earth/Ancients/Asgard so could also be a term used to point out the differences, as Wraith hyperspace is much slower, is organic based technology, requires stopping to stop dangerous radiation build ups.

Destiny isn't the only ship to use a proper FTL engine. It's possible (and very likely) the Goa'uld used FTL like Destiny, as their ships could only travel 10 times the speed of light when SG1 started, but by the end of season 1 had hyperspace technology.

sigpic

Comment

My FTL questionis that for ships in SG that have the intergalactic drives,does that mean those ships have 2 drive systems or is it just a matter of how much power they pump into the drive?
          I like Sharky
          sigpic

Comment

it's never really specified, but believe it's a classification (ie, it's capable of going intergalactic), not a seperate drive. it's just a really powerful hyperdrive

Comment

Working...
            X