Good Goa'ulds ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Goa'ulds ?

I previously posted my thesis that the evil behavior of goa'ulds was a learned behavior. Now I realize that indeed evidence of this is the case of Jolinar of Malkshur. Now since the Tok'ra were essentially a dying race it would have made eminent sense to introduce a growing movement of new goa'ulds who were reproducing the good behavior of the dying Tok'ra. Now since the system lords were defeated one can assume an eventual reemergence of goa'uld power because they reproduced. But then why not a whole story arc of goa'uld equivalents of Teal'c only on a larger scale, perhaps under the tutelage of the dying Tok'ra?
    Maybe a possible new movie or series?

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    I previously posted my thesis that the evil behavior of goa'ulds was a learned behavior. Now I realize that indeed evidence of this is the case of Jolinar of Malkshur. Now since the Tok'ra were essentially a dying race it would have made eminent sense to introduce a growing movement of new goa'ulds who were reproducing the good behavior of the dying Tok'ra. Now since the system lords were defeated one can assume an eventual reemergence of goa'uld power because they reproduced. But then why not a whole story arc of goa'uld equivalents of Teal'c only on a larger scale, perhaps under the tutelage of the dying Tok'ra?
    Maybe a possible new movie or series?
    The first issue would be one of host for newly educated symbiotes. But the first tier would have been repentant hosted goa'ulds who then would have reformed their relationship with their hosts, and if a host wanted this goa'uld out, that goa'uld would merge with a sick host as was the practice of the Tok'ra.
    Maybe introduce populations of sick and suffering potential hosts.....Stargate continues!

Comment

The Goa'uld are what we would call 'evil' due to their parasitic nature and their abuse of the sarcophagus. And their behaviour isn't learned, it's passed down via genetic memory.

Comment

The Goa'uld do evil things, therefore they are evil. However, what kept the Tok'ra interesting and the tension constant was that they were a dying race. When Tok'ra died, there was no one to replace them. Had SG-1 continued for a long time beyond the tenth season, it's possible we might have seen some Goa'uld change their ways. However, it just wasn't a story to be told. After the fall of the Goa'uld System Lords and Jaffa freedom, the story shifted gears to the Ori. Atlantis was set in another galaxy, and Universe was set on the other side of the universe. As interesting as the story may be, it just wasn't going to be told. If there was a time to explore this, I think it would have been in the eighth season. Once SG-1 destroyed Anubis's fleet in Earth orbit, that would have been the time for a Goa'uld to switch allegiances to the Tok'ra.

Also, did we forget Tannith and the consequences that had on the Tollan?

Comment

Yeah, I'd be hard pressed to see the Tok'ra trust a "reformed" Goa'uld after Tanith.

I think the best you might get is Ba'al. He might have eventually reformed. He did seem to begin to chill quite a bit and was never someone like Cronus or Apophis... and Yu, Yu was fairly un-Goa'uld like as far as the snakes went.

Comment

Working...
          X