PDA

View Full Version : The Miracle Day; all Humans, or all Humans on Earth?

Archaeis
August 1st, 2011, 09:15 PM
Jack stated in the first episode, "Now I'm just a regular Human" But, he also said that he returned to Earth as a result of the email mentioning Torchwood, meaning he was likely still off-world when the whole event went down. Does this mean that it is a temporal event affecting all Humans regardless of location (maybe even those time-travelling from this time? AKA AMY/Rory) Or is it a localized, planetary event that Jack just happened to be on the planet for?

General Jumper One
August 2nd, 2011, 01:18 AM
They haven't said, yet, all we have is pure speculation.

DigiFluid
August 2nd, 2011, 05:53 AM
Given Torchwood's Earth-centric mode of storytelling, I think we can safely assume that the Miracle is confined to our little blue marble.

Spimman
August 2nd, 2011, 10:08 AM
During the early 21st Century isn't this sort of a moot point?

The Doctor's companion(s) might be elsewhere and whether through time\distance or shielding from the TARDIS I don't think they'd be impacted or the Doctor would return to investigate!

P-90_177
August 2nd, 2011, 12:26 PM
Jack probably showed up before miracle day. Keep in mind that the CIA were looking into Torchwood before the Miracle happend.

morbosfist
August 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
If it's a result of a morphic field as Jack speculated, then Jack's location at the time of the miracle is irrelevant. As soon as he came to Earth, he'd fall under its influence.

DigiFluid
August 4th, 2011, 06:00 AM
That's a very good point, I hadn't considered that.

Flyboy
August 6th, 2011, 04:18 AM
Jack probably showed up before miracle day. Keep in mind that the CIA were looking into Torchwood before the Miracle happend.

You sure, I thought it all started at the same time...

Archaeis
August 15th, 2011, 04:53 PM
So think that means if Jack leaves Earth, he will return to "normal"?

And whatever has happened has to be very powerful to override something done by the time vortex itself, making him "a fixed point in space and time"