Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this why Zach was ...Spoiler thread

Spoiler:
    Memory wiped? Decreasing his role in Heroes?

According to this link from aintitcool, the actor who plays Zach has been tapped to play the young John Connor in an upcoming series by Fox. (Sounds like a terrible show to me, imo.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30910

Originally posted by somedude
    Spoiler:
    Memory wiped? Decreasing his role in Heroes?

According to this link from aintitcool, the actor who plays Zach has been tapped to play the young John Connor in an upcoming series by Fox. (Sounds like a terrible show to me, imo.)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30910
    Interesting but I think his wipe had more to do with the story at hand than his availability.

p.s. That's not really a spoiler since it involves another show that hasn't begun yet but thanks for your vigilence. It's always better to be safe than sorry =)

Comment

Originally posted by rook818
      p.s. That's not really a spoiler since it involves another show that hasn't begun yet but thanks for your vigilence.
      Dunno if the post has changed in the meanwhile, but what I see in spoiler tags is most definitely a spoiler. Spoiler policy on Gateworld states that anything in the current or upcoming season of a show is a spoiler and should be tagged appropriately. Considering that it was only in the most recent ep Fallout that
      Spoiler:
      Zach gets memory wiped
      that would definitely fit the category.

I agree with your assessment about it, though; I think it was an important part of the story, maybe even integral to whatever future decisions Claire is going to make.

EDIT: Normally, however, if a thread title warns of spoilers tags wouldn't be needed in the thread itself. Alas, somedude wasn't very specific as to which ep was being spoiled thus, as you said, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"Spoilers" on its own isn't a very exact warning. Spoilers for what? The pilot ep? The season finale? Somewhere in between? If it's for the whole season, that's good to note, too, but in this case it was specific to Fallout, which might have been nice to know if someone has seen part of the season but not the most recent ep.

Comment

Tim Kring has said they're just making Heroes up as they go along. They don't have any grand plans, no grand scheme of things. The incident that we're talking about, it probably just seemed like a good idea at the time.

As long as they don't start doing stupid things like they used to do in Alias. How many times did Sloane die?

Wait a second... how many times has Daniel Jackson died?
        sigpic

"Let's not be too quick to exclude the possibility that the woman might be, uh... what is the clinical term? Nuts?" -- Rodney McKay, PhD

What does Cat have to say today?

Comment

Yeah, about the spoiler tags, I wasn't sure if people overseas were on schedule with those in the US, so safer to put it in tags I guess.

Well, I do hope that Zach can continue to be Claire's confidant.

Comment

Originally posted by somedude
            Yeah, about the spoiler tags, I wasn't sure if people overseas were on schedule with those in the US, so safer to put it in tags I guess.

Well, I do hope that Zach can continue to be Claire's confidant.
            I don't know any show that shows at same in the rest of world as in US... at least none of those i watch.
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

At some point the story is going to take all the Heroes away from their old lives, I think. At least that's where it appears to be headed. If that's the case, there isn't a lot of need to a recurring character back in Texas if the show is going to take place elsewhere.
              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

You have to ask yourself "What secret is the Haitian going to tell Claire?" Maybe the Haitian can wipe out memories of other people but he can remember what memories people had. If that could happen, Zach can have his memory back eventually.
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                  At some point the story is going to take all the Heroes away from their old lives, I think. At least that's where it appears to be headed. If that's the case, there isn't a lot of need to a recurring character back in Texas if the show is going to take place elsewhere.
                  That may be the case. However, it would still be nice if some of our Heroes had friends and family they could stay in contact with at the very least.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                    You have to ask yourself "What secret is the Haitian going to tell Claire?" Maybe the Haitian can wipe out memories of other people but he can remember what memories people had. If that could happen, Zach can have his memory back eventually.
                    I thought the Haitian meant that can Claire keep the secret that he didn't wipe out her memory after all, and she would try to hide this fact from her father who gave the order for the Haitian to do so...

Comment

I think the sudden turn from homosexuality to heterosexuality for Zach has a lot to do with his management's fears that someone who just played gay can't turn around and play a masculine hetero in a new series.

Which is kind of dumb. Not all gay guys are effeminate. And I think that if there was going to be a transition problem for Dekker being accepted by audiences, it would have to be for him to shove off being a geek than being gay.
                      Michael Hinman
                      Airlock Alpha
                      @airlockalpha

Comment

I don't think Zach's sexual orientation had ANY bearing on ANYTHING. The actor is gonna be in another show. He won't have time (or as much time) for Heroes anymore. End of story. It's no grand conspiracy, it isn't some kind of anti-gay conspiracy, it's just a fact of life in Hollywood. Why can't people be HAPPY for the actor to land a potentially great role as a MUCH more significant character instead of languishing in obscureville as a bit character?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I don't think Zach's sexual orientation had ANY bearing on ANYTHING. The actor is gonna be in another show. He won't have time (or as much time) for Heroes anymore. End of story. It's no grand conspiracy, it isn't some kind of anti-gay conspiracy, it's just a fact of life in Hollywood. Why can't people be HAPPY for the actor to land a potentially great role as a MUCH more significant character instead of languishing in obscureville as a bit character?
                          Hmmm ... I don't know what all the posts in this forum have been talking about, but I don't think anyone is upset that Thomas Dekker is landing some potentially good roles. Congrats to him! I wish him the best! Heck, I even watched him way back when I didn't know who he was, playing Nina Webster's kid in "The Young and the Restless."

That has nothing to do with it. His suddenly being straight had nothing to do with the actual storyline. It was a last-minute change.
                          Michael Hinman
                          Airlock Alpha
                          @airlockalpha

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Hinman
                            That has nothing to do with it. His suddenly being straight had nothing to do with the actual storyline. It was a last-minute change.
                            It just affects what he said in Homecoming about being a freak. and what Jackie said which was that he was gay.
                            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

This thread is a bit old, but i wanted to give an update. I saw the pilot of the Sarah Connor Chronicles and it was pretty good. Nice to see Thomas in a bigger role.
                              Spoiler:
                              The end of the first episode has them traveling from 1999 to 2007, so i'm curious to see where the show goes from there.

As for more info on the show, you can watch a scene and the trailer here (after terminating yourself): Http://www.getterminated.com. It's set to air January 13th and 14th on FOX. Anyone planning to watch? T2 is a fantastic movie and the show is supposed to take place from where that left off.

Comment

Working...
                              X