Season 1 Episode Order: DVD vs. Showtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 1 Episode Order: DVD vs. Showtime

What's up with the first season's episode order? I'm revisiting the first season on DVD, but I've noticed it doesn't match GateWorld's episode order. I've listed the episodes below. To the left is my DVD order, to the right is GateWorld's "Showtime" episode order. I haven't noticed any discontinuity, so in the grand scheme, does it matter? Also, what's with the goof?

1/2: Children of the Gods
    3: The Enemy Within
    4: Emancipation
    5: The Broca Divide
    6: The First Commandment
    7: Brief Candle / Cold Lazarus
    8: Cold Lazarus / The Nox
    9: Thor's Hammer / Brief Candle
    10: The Torment of Tantalus / Thor's Hammer
    11: Bloodlines / The Torment of Tantalus
    12: Fire and Water / Bloodlines
    13: The Nox / Fire and Water
    14: Hathor
    15: Cor-ai / Singularity
    16: Singularity / Cor-ai
    17: Enigma
    18: Tin Man / Solitudes
    19: Solitudes / Tin Man
    20: There But for the Grace of God
    21: Politics
    22: Within the Serpent's Grasp

My guess is that the DVD order is the "official" timeline, since the DVDs were produced later.

Comment

They often change the DVD order so that certain episodes are on the same disc, like with season 8 and the Reckoning/Threads three-parter. I would assume the broadcast order to be canon over the DVD one.

Comment

I've always followed the GateWorld order when I rewatch. 99% of the time it makes no difference at all though. The only time I can think of a (minor) issue cropping up is in the R2 shuffling of Citizen Joe to after Reckoning/Threads, and that only because of the one comment that Jack's house had been broken into twice in two weeks.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
        X