Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you continue Atlantis? (series finale spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you continue Atlantis? (series finale spoilers)

Beware of spoilers for the series finale, "Enemy at the Gate!"

In the finale, Atlantis relocated to Earth. Joseph Mallozzi wrote a script for an Atlantis movie titled Extinction. Unfortunately, SGU's cancellation has lead to the movie script being shelved. It also doesn't help that all of the costumes, props, set pieces, and so forth have been sold or auctioned off. This basically means that "Enemy at the Gate" serves as the end of the series. We do see Carter twice in the first season of Universe. McKay and Woolsey also appear together in an episode. Unfortunately, none of these episodes revealed what ultimately happened to Atlantis.

With no movie script and no revelations via SGU, we only have our imaginations to continue the adventures of the Atlantis Expedition. How would you continue the story? What format would you like to see continue your adventures?

For me... I'd like to imagine that Atlantis remains on Earth, left in the Pacific Ocean or relocated to Antarctica. The SGC's stargate opperations are shut down due to Atlantis's Pegasus stargate superseding Earth's Milky Way stargate. The Cheyenne Mountain Complex is maintained as a research facility and backup SGC. The stargate is kept in place as a spare should anything happen to Atlantis such as destruction or relocation. Most of the SGC personnel are transferred to Atlantis. Woolsey remains in command, but General Landry succeeds Sheppard as military commander. How do SG-1 and Sheppard's team get along? They don't, Sheppard's team's been reassigned.

What about the Pegasus galaxy? Sheppard's team gets reassigned to the Daedalus under Caldwell's command and based in the Pegasus galaxy. Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, and Ronan continue their original mission: fight the Wraith and search for ZPM's. The only difference is their base of operations is mobile and replaceable where as Atlantis was not. Well, Atlantis was mobile, but it couldn't zip around the galaxy as the Daedalus can. I'd even take this one step further... what if Todd joined the team? Why? Use your imagination!

It's your turn!

I would have Atlantis stay on Earth and become the primary SGC and Cheyenne kept for a some research and like the episode 2010 (I think) a museum. Most Atlantis personnel go back to Pegasus to a base similar to the SGC or the Alpha site. Atlantis gets fully staffed research, teams, and maybe even a pier or some buildings for family like a military base (if they don't get in the way like Teyla's people did) has assuming the program goes or went public. Then all goes on like it did before sort of.

Comment

I'm enjoying the Season 6 in fan fiction presented in sgarising.com

That's how I choose to imagine the story progressed.

Comment

I would come up with some reason for Atlantis having to go back to the PG. Some that like if it isn't in the PG somethig bad will happen.
        Like Atlantis blows up or causes some disaster that will effect not only the PG but the MWG as well.
        I like Sharky
        sigpic

Comment

I would like to see a period of time spent on earth, exploring some of the storylines that would bring up, I would then like to see either a permanant return to Pegasus or the whole wraith storyline wrapped up and they stay on earth. (Or more likely another world in the milky way) I think for example it would have been fun to see the Goauld try to take Atlantis

Above all I would like to have seen the ancients on Atlantis, particularly Janus, I think that was a wealth of stories that they never tapped into. I would also have liked to have seen a brand new threat, something more that replicators that required Atlantis to defend against, something a bit more original than replicators

Comment

I think that Atlantis base would have stayed on earth for a while to affect repairs and while the repairs were being completed SG command would have called in all of their favours to go over the atlantis data base and reverse engineer some of the tech that was available on Atlantis (i.e. those personal shields used by mckay). Then I would think that Atlantis would go back to the Pegasus galaxy because there would be no point in them staying in the milky way because the wraith may ormay not know where earth is due to that subspace message transmitted in the second last episode so it would make sense for Atlantis to go back and finish what they started. Also I think that SG command and its teams will become more prevalent in the Atlantis missions because now that Mckay and Zelenka have perfected the equations for wormhole drive the Daedelus should be able to move around more quickly and so others galaxies would be open to exploring

Comment

Relocate Atlantis to the the pacific ocean??

I think a certain betentacled great old one might get offended by the "squatters"

"Moving in on my turf eh, O' R'yleh!!"
              sigpic
              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

ok, serious mode engaged

I would like Atlantis to go back to the PG and cut off nearly all contact with Earth. One of the biggest failings (IMO of course) of both SGA and SGU is this pathalogical "need" to be in contact with Earth. Lets face it, Earth has SG-1, the quintessential hero's of the entire TV stargate franchise, Earth will be fine. I want to know about the Pegasus galaxy, what are the wraith doing?, what has happened to the rest of Michael's forces, How about the poor Genii, what are they doing besides trying to "get back" at Atlantis for some reason? Where are the Athosians at?, Did Elisabeth really go for the "cold sleep" forever after desperately wanting out of a similar position, and where are the rest ofthe SGA clones?

So many questions.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  I would like Atlantis to go back to the PG and cut off nearly all contact with Earth. One of the biggest failings (IMO of course) of both SGA and SGU is this pathalogical "need" to be in contact with Earth.
                  I agree completely.
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                  Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd take Atlantis back to Pegasus within a month of arriving back on Earth, and then wrap up the Wraith, killing Kanan (or how ever you spell his name ) in the process. (yes i'm a Teyla/John shipper ) probably bring back the replicators and maybe a new enemy or two.
                    sigpic

Comment

Since you are asking how we would "continue" Atlantis (and not how I would re-write the ending we saw!) - first, I need Atlantis off of Earth. I don't want the Ancient city floating around outside of San Francisco (with some rescued whales and Kirk and Spock) - I want it back in the Pegasus galaxy.

Now, how to do that?

I need some good reason for Atlantis to go back to Pegasus - how about a major threat that is coming from Pegasus, seeking Atlantis? So, to keep Earth safe, they go back to fight off the threat (hey, work with me here, I'm no science fiction writer, I'm just a lowly fan).

I like a threat that is going to kill off all the humans, and I want the Wraith to say "hey, you can't kill off all of our food supply, we need them!" - so, unlikely as it seems, the Wraith (led by Todd of course! and maybe some crazy kick-ass Wraith queen, as well) and the humans team up.

That's my take - probably not the most original or best, but it would be fun.
                      sigpic
                      Goodbye and Good Travels, Destiny!

Comment

why leave, screw the PG

I'm cool with doing 304 raids on hives like we did against the auroras. If for no other reason to maintain a level of respect to avoid interference in our operations.

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                          why leave, screw the PG

I'm cool with doing 304 raids on hives like we did against the auroras. If for no other reason to maintain a level of respect to avoid interference in our operations.
                          x2
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by morrismike View Post
                            why leave, screw the PG

But what would that do for the idea of SGA?
                            SGA has enough (righty deserved) comparisons to SG1 been leveled against it, why add more to it? I could see a combined SGA/SGA type show as a way forward for the franchise sure, but to continue SGA as an independant show, yeah, doubtful it would help the show mate.
                            sigpic

Comment

they shoudld kepp atlantis and SG1 seperate for sure and the only feasable way to do so is to move atlantis back to pagasus and keep atlantis's teams searching for ancient tech in pg

Comment

Working...
                              X