PDA

View Full Version : Grimm NEWS & General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

loserinc
July 12th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Has anyone seen much about this show? I've found a couple of trailers, but I guess it comes out this fall. It's looking rather interesting. Can't wait to check it out. Hopefully it's good and not another disappointment.

Official site here http://www.nbc.com/grimm/

Sp!der
July 12th, 2011, 08:58 PM
Yes, I watched it several times.. and I hope this could a be good replacement for shows like buffy/angel (sorry was never into supernatural!), I just hope it gets beyond season one, thats all I am asking, I dont trust NBC with new shows, the cape, the event.... all promoted but canceled after the first couple episodes! Not that they were good shows, but hell.. a scrpited show is better than reality crap!

loserinc
July 12th, 2011, 09:31 PM
I liked the first season of Supernatural, just couldn't get into it after that. And yes, it would be nice to have something other than the onslaught of "reality" programming that seems to be everywhere. I'm just gonna cross my fingers that this is good, and that it lasts.

Spimman
July 13th, 2011, 05:32 AM
I'll definitely be watching the first couple of episodes and see what it's like. The first season of most of these shows is more "monster of the week" which is alright because they have to build a character base, but if the show can survive long enough to get into some really cool stories I see some potential!

mr_kennedy
July 13th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Im going to be giving this a shot :) hope it is good, its going to have to be, being that its on NBC

LtColCarter
July 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM
Interesting...when does it come out?

Ukko
July 13th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I'll be checking it out.

loserinc
July 13th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Interesting...when does it come out?

It starts this fall, not sure on exact date, I don't think they have their fall lineup dates released yet. I'm assuming Sept/Oct.

There is so much potential for this idea, I really hope they do it correctly.

Sp!der
July 13th, 2011, 11:09 AM
It starts this fall, not sure on exact date, I don't think they have their fall lineup dates released yet. I'm assuming Sept/Oct.

There is so much potential for this idea, I really hope they do it correctly.

Yes, I can see here a four/five seasons show if they do it right! But I do not really have that much hope in NBC... but finger are crossed, the main actor seems like a good guy... he is familiar though.. but I cant place him exactly..

this other show POE.... is gone for good right? I mean the pilot was not picked up right? I am still mad, that NBC killed KINGS... it is one of my all time favorite shows! gonna watch this summer I think again!

LtColCarter
July 13th, 2011, 01:41 PM
I found out when it starts! :D Grimm Series Premiere, Friday Oct. 21 9/8c

NBC Fall Lineup (http://www.nbc.com/upcoming-shows/)

loserinc
July 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Sweet! thanks a bunch LtCol :)

LtColCarter
July 13th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Sweet! thanks a bunch LtCol :)

No problem! :D I usually find what I'm looking for when I start poking around.

the fifth man
July 14th, 2011, 05:59 PM
This does look pretty good. Sadly, it will be on NBC, and I don't see that ending too well. If it were on CW, or a channel like that, it would have a much better chance.

NerdyRaptor
July 14th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Well, it's from David Greenwalt. It can't be half bad. It looks about as interesting as The Cape. Decent plot, but can go downhill real fast after season two or three.

LtColCarter
July 14th, 2011, 06:19 PM
This does look pretty good. Sadly, it will be on NBC, and I don't see that ending too well. If it were on CW, or a channel like that, it would have a much better chance.

Unfortunately, I agree with ya...

Ekras
July 14th, 2011, 10:06 PM
NBC = Syfy's owners - no shocker there.... I swear they just buy the shows so they can cancel them and no one else can air them....

loserinc
July 14th, 2011, 10:37 PM
NBC = Syfy's owners - no shocker there.... I swear they just buy the shows so they can cancel them and no one else can air them....
:lol: that wouldn't surprise me in the least

LtColCarter
July 15th, 2011, 12:19 AM
:lol: that wouldn't surprise me in the least

Nor me...

mr_kennedy
July 15th, 2011, 12:35 AM
or me

loserinc
July 15th, 2011, 12:53 PM
:lol: I guess we all agree it's a conspiracy to stop good tv! Who needs good tv when there are 8 million "housewives" and Jersey shows anyway :p

LtColCarter
July 16th, 2011, 10:59 AM
:lol: I guess we all agree it's a conspiracy to stop good tv! Who needs good tv when there are 8 million "housewives" and Jersey shows anyway :p

Ugg...I refuse to watch either of those shows. Ya know...I almost didn't watch Teen Wolf because its on MTV. However, I watched it and I was pleasantly surprised. It was already renewed for a second season and is MTV's highest rated show. Hopefully, people will like Grimm enough and it will stay around awhile.

loserinc
July 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Have not watched Teen Wolf yet, well, because it's on MTV :lol:

the fifth man
July 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM
"Reality" TV has definitely contributed to the premature demise of many quality, scripted shows.

mr_kennedy
July 17th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Reality tv should die :mad: the only ones i will watch are talent shows like X-factor or Idol

the fifth man
July 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Reality tv should die :mad: the only ones i will watch are talent shows like X-factor or Idol

I don't even watch those. Deadliest Catch is the only show of that type I watch.

LtColCarter
July 18th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Have not watched Teen Wolf yet, well, because it's on MTV :lol:

You should...its a really good show! ;) And it has already been renewed for season 2! :D

MediaSavant
July 18th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I've seen the pilot for Grimm. It struck me as the type of show Syfy would put on, except it's on NBC.

It was merely okay. I don't know if I'll watch more.

Sp!der
July 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
I've seen the pilot for Grimm. It struck me as the type of show Syfy would put on, except it's on NBC.

you could you watch it?

the fifth man
July 19th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Merely okay does not bode well on a network like NBC. I may not even bother watching it.

LtColCarter
July 19th, 2011, 08:26 PM

Pilot or trailer? I didn't think the pilot for this show aired until this fall.

JTVaughn
July 20th, 2011, 04:08 AM
He was probably sent a pilot screener, or got one from a TV critic friend. Or took part in the testing/screening process.

Show looked kinda flat from the trailer, but I'll give it a chance.

LtColCarter
July 20th, 2011, 04:20 PM
He was probably sent a pilot screener, or got one from a TV critic friend. Or took part in the testing/screening process.

Show looked kinda flat from the trailer, but I'll give it a chance.

Interesting...I wish I could screen a pilot! :)

loserinc
July 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM
I'll still give it a chance. Will give anything scripted a chance, if for no other reason to see something not reality based.

JTVaughn
July 20th, 2011, 09:48 PM
I'll still give it a chance. Will give anything scripted a chance, if for no other reason to see something not reality based.

This, this, a thousand times this.

loserinc
July 20th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I don't think I've bothered to watch tv since the last episode of SGU...still mad about that btw, but I think that's probably another thread.

warmbeachbrat
August 21st, 2011, 06:46 PM

*sigh* I agree, too.

LtColCarter
August 21st, 2011, 07:28 PM

:indeed:

AnnieS
August 22nd, 2011, 09:42 AM
Interesting it starts the Friday before ABCs "Once Upon A Time" which stars Stargate's own Robert Carlyle. I will give it a chance as well since it does look interesting. But I have thrown my major support behind OUAT though.

Sp!der
August 23rd, 2011, 05:15 AM
I am gonna watch it because I like this supernatural stuff a la Angel, Buffy and Supernatural (although I do not like Supernatural ^^) and it gets better renewed otherwise NBCs shows are getting very slim, I only watch Community and Chuck on NBC!

VampyreWraith
August 23rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
I think both 'Grimm' and 'Once Upon a Time' look interesting, and i'm planning on checking both out. :)

LtColCarter
August 23rd, 2011, 12:48 PM
I think both 'Grimm' and 'Once Upon a Time' look interesting, and i'm planning on checking both out. :)

I agree they both look interesting, but IDK about OUAT...I've not liked any character that Robert Carlyle has portrayed (yes including Rush). But I plan on giving both a shot.

VampyreWraith
August 23rd, 2011, 02:05 PM
I agree they both look interesting, but IDK about OUAT...I've not liked any character that Robert Carlyle has portrayed (yes including Rush). But I plan on giving both a shot.

I like Robert Carlyle(and I loved Rush lol) but I would give OUAT a chance even if he wasn't in it, since I think it sounds pretty interesting.

I usually try to give most scripted shows that I hear of in the sci-fi, fantasy, or horror/supernatural genres a chance (same with movies) :)

LtColCarter
August 26th, 2011, 06:32 AM
I like Robert Carlyle(and I loved Rush lol) but I would give OUAT a chance even if he wasn't in it, since I think it sounds pretty interesting.

I usually try to give most scripted shows that I hear of in the sci-fi, fantasy, or horror/supernatural genres a chance (same with movies) :)

Oh, I like Robert Carlyle as a person...I just don't like the characters that he portrays. Like you, I always give sci-fi, fantasy, and horror/supernatural genre shows a chance when they come out.

carmencatalina
August 29th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Interesting it starts the Friday before ABCs "Once Upon A Time" which stars Stargate's own Robert Carlyle. I will give it a chance as well since it does look interesting. But I have thrown my major support behind OUAT though.

Speaking of which, do we have a thread for "Once Upon A Time" yet? I looked but couldn't find, but I'm a bit dense lately (it is a long story, sigh) and could easily have missed it.

Sp!der
August 30th, 2011, 03:00 AM
Speaking of which, do we have a thread for "Once Upon A Time" yet? I looked but couldn't find, but I'm a bit dense lately (it is a long story, sigh) and could easily have missed it.

I am not sure we have one...

Ukko
October 20th, 2011, 02:50 PM
I think this is a pretty good show.:D

"Do i need something like silver bullets?"
"What are you, an idiot" :D:p

VampyreWraith
October 21st, 2011, 04:43 AM
^That part was funny.
I thought the first ep started off a little bit blah, but got better towards the middle; I really liked it by the end though, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. :)

Callista
October 28th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I thought it didn't start until tonight. I live in Portland so I thought I'd give it a shot, but did I already miss one?

Ukko
October 28th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I thought it didn't start until tonight. I live in Portland so I thought I'd give it a shot, but did I already miss one?

They did what Once Upon a Time did with their pilot and released it early.

The pilot is still on tonight though.

Callista
October 28th, 2011, 11:07 PM
Well, I liked it. Especially for a pilot. Possible sidekick medium-sized, not-so-bad wolf is pretty funny.

I also liked it when his aunt asked him if he was seeing weird, unexplainable things. I wanted to say "It's Portland! We all see weird, unexplainable things every day!!"

Krisz
October 29th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Well, I liked it. Especially for a pilot. Possible sidekick medium-sized, not-so-bad wolf is pretty funny.

I also liked it when his aunt asked him if he was seeing weird, unexplainable things. I wanted to say "It's Portland! We all see weird, unexplainable things every day!!"

LOL! At least this show is being filmed somewhere other than Vancouver. It's your turn to see familiar places and landmarks on screen, makes a welcome change that I won't have to with this show! :P:D

I really enjoyed the pilot. I like the whole feel of it. Already like the main character and the wolf side kick! Also glad that his cop partner wasn't killed off in the first episode! I like how they got the feel of the fairy tale style of the cottage way into the deep dark woods, looking both inviting and sinister at the same time. Reminded me of the illustration of the wicked witch's cottage in Hansel & Gretel in a story book I had as a child!

I enjoyed it more than the pilot of Once Upon a Time.

Ukko
October 29th, 2011, 08:04 AM

Is there really a forest like that in Portland? Or was it enhanced with CG or completely CG?

I hope not so bad wolf becomes a regular. I loved the part where he was hanging out the car window.:D

retiredat44
October 29th, 2011, 09:18 AM

OUT was much much better than Grimm.. was grimm..

Krisz
October 29th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Is there really a forest like that in Portland? Or was it enhanced with CG or completely CG?

I hope not so bad wolf becomes a regular. I loved the part where he was hanging out the car window.:D

That is a real Pacific NW forest! The moss hanging off the trees is real, I didn't believe that they were when I first saw that moss on the trees in the Vancouver forests on Stargate back when I watched it in the UK. Seeing the trees looking like that for real after I'd moved to Vancouver was amazing as I really believed that it was special effects to make the forests look more alien!

That was a funny moment, I really like the wolf too! :)

VampyreWraith
October 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
OUT was much much better than Grimm.. was grimm..

I liked OUAT better than Grimm, but I liked Grimm too; particularly the second half of the episode, I thought it dragged a bit at the beginning, but got better as the episode went on. I liked the bad wolf character, I found him amusing. :)

VampyreWraith
October 29th, 2011, 02:21 PM
Ratings for Grimm if anyone is interested. :)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/10/29/tv-ratings-friday-word-series-dominates-chuck-starts-low-grimm-surprises/108860/

Callista
October 29th, 2011, 02:46 PM

That is a real Pacific NW forest! The moss hanging off the trees is real, I didn't believe that they were when I first saw that moss on the trees in the Vancouver forests on Stargate back when I watched it in the UK. Seeing the trees looking like that for real after I'd moved to Vancouver was amazing as I really believed that it was special effects to make the forests look more alien!

Yep, that looked just like all the forests around here with all the ferns and moss and lichens all over the trees. There are plenty of little creepy cabins and craftsman-style bungalows (like the house he lives in) around here, too.

gotthammer
October 29th, 2011, 04:57 PM
I liked the first episode. It's not great, but it definitely got me interested. :)

I hope the next one will be better.

tomstone
October 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
This could even be better than Once upon a Time. OUAT got me confused as to what the Woman is supposed to do about the curse on Storybrooke, so as a Pilot it failed me.

Blutbad was a nice change to the regular Werewolf. I just hope they wont use the German Names all the time, eventough they pronounce it right, it still goes on my nerve using a German term in the middle of a English conversation. As if it would have been that much of a difference if they translated it to Bloodbath.

mr_kennedy
October 30th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Do you think i was pissing on my fence for kicks? :lol:

Sp!der
October 30th, 2011, 12:40 PM
Do you think i was pissing on my fence for kicks? :lol:

Loved Grimm!!! This and Person of Interest are my only new shows that I liked so far this fall!!!

Krisz
October 31st, 2011, 09:17 PM
This could even be better than Once upon a Time. OUAT got me confused as to what the Woman is supposed to do about the curse on Storybrooke, so as a Pilot it failed me.

Blutbad was a nice change to the regular Werewolf. I just hope they wont use the German Names all the time, eventough they pronounce it right, it still goes on my nerve using a German term in the middle of a English conversation. As if it would have been that much of a difference if they translated it to Bloodbath.

I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! :P We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.

tomstone
November 1st, 2011, 02:23 AM
I'm tending towards your way of thinking with regards to OUAT. The jury is still out for me with that, even after the second episode, whereas I'm looking forward to this weeks episode of Grimm!

Foreign names in English shows and movies always make things sound more evil, enigmatic or exotic! What would Sci Fi be without Zarg or Zod for instance?!!!! :P We'll probably end up with more Grimm related German words in the show as a result I'm guessing.

Now after reading this, it actually sounds better. :)

AresLover452
November 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
I am really liking this series! It looks really promising and I am anxious to see what this show has to offer!!

Vashta_Nerada
November 4th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Saw the first episode yesterday, looks like its going to be a pretty decent series.
Cant wait to see more.

carmencatalina
November 4th, 2011, 12:19 PM
I had DVRed the pilot and watched it last night. I'm on the fence, but I'll definitely watch more. I have to admit that I've sort of ODed on serial killers/horrific murders/child abductions via watching too many episodes of "Criminal Minds", and the first half of the pilot felt very much like that to me.

But the second half was better, the not-so-big-not-so-bad wolf was a nice twist, and the main character and his cop partner were both engaging.

So far I like OUAT better, but that is a very different creature - apart from using fairy tales as source material, they really are completely different shows.

At least there are 2 new shows for me to try out!

Callista
November 5th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Mmmmmm. They were eating Voodoo donuts (http://voodoodoughnut.com/index.php). Yummy!!!

That would explain why girlfriend isn't in the show much. She's standing in this line (http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5013436972/) waiting for donuts.

Ukko
November 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back.:D Doing Pilates:p

Krisz
November 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Was good to see that not so bad wolf is back.:D Doing Pilates:p

Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!! :)

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round! :)

Browncoat1984
November 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?

tomstone
November 5th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Saw the first 20 minutes of Grimm online and was not impressed at all. Couldn't get interested in the characters and it just seemed like another dark sci-fi/fantasy take on the whole crime drama genre. OUAT is a much more fresh take IMO and while yes, we don't know what it is that Emma has to do to stop the curse yet, did we know everything about Lost or Battlestar Galactica from episode 1?

Somehow I tend towards OUAT myself by now and completly agree with you that this is kind of a Fantasy Cop Series.

On Emma, I think it is so obvious that nobody considers it. Henry repeated dozens of times that she will bring back the happy endings and I think that is exactly what she needs to do. Like reuniting Gepetto and Pinochio for example, after all her Job is finding People.

Vashta_Nerada
November 6th, 2011, 01:08 AM
QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.

tomstone
November 6th, 2011, 01:33 AM
QUAT?

Anyway, Episode 2 was average. Seems we are going to learn things at a very slow pace, which i don't like. Cant see this show lasting very long IMO.

OUAT = Once Upon a Time (TV Series)

Vashta_Nerada
November 6th, 2011, 01:50 AM
OH its a O, Thanks that makes sense now :D

MasySyma
November 6th, 2011, 06:50 PM
I Dvrd the first two, and it is ok so far. I hope they give the girlfriend more to do or have her move on, but I liked the wolf with the Pilates.

LtColCarter
November 7th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.

lookupwardsnshare
November 7th, 2011, 05:15 PM
I wish this was on at another time. Its bad enough to have Fringe and Supernatural on at the same time...and my DVR is maxed at that time.

I agree...Watched the first episode of Grimm on demand and I have to say I actually liked it. I was singing "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of...)" all day after episode.

I also agree that OUAT is more a refreshing storytelling concept to a story we all know. Grimm just seems like the same spin on shows that have been already done over and over again, but I will still watch it. Let's see how long it stays on.

jeri
November 7th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Ok, so I watched the ep about the bears, missed the first two. Might give it a few more look sees. I kept thinking though, is this a cross between Sanctuary and the X-Files? LOL Maybe it's just me.:p

Ukko
November 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Definitely!!! I really like that character, he's so wonderfully 'normal' LOL!!! :)

I do like this show! The inventive take on 'Goldilocks and the Three Bears' was great! I also like the fact that not all the 'monsters' are evil and that Nick is tasked to "kill the bad ones."

Currie Graham who played 'Papa Bear' was the bad guy in 'The Ark of Truth' who turned into the 'Terminator Replicator'! At least he was one of the good 'monsters' this time round! :)

Pulling the guys arm off "Ok that went a little to far" :D:lol:

Krisz
November 12th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!! :eek:

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.

Callista
November 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Good to see Nana Visitor (Kira from Trek's DS9), shame she has such a small part though. Would have liked to find out more about how the 'bee' monsters were invested in looking out for the 'Grimms'.

Definitely not an episode to watch if you don't like bees!!! :eek:

Would like to know what Captain Renard is really and why Nick hasn't seen him for what he is yet.

I'm still enjoying this show, Nick is personable and I'm enjoying how he tries to balance his fight against the evil monsters and trying to keep it from his partner as if they are just normal police cases. I'm looking forward to finding out how the whole interaction between the various monsters and the Grimm's place in it all will pan out.

It was quite clever how they translated bee behaviour into a human context. They made their 'hive' in a paper mill, and they communicated with constant 'tweets'. Also the yellow and black motif in the 'drone's' shirt and cell phone, and the queen bee's outfit was a nice touch.My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.

Krisz
November 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM
My daughter pointed that out or I would have missed it.
Portland trivia: That park where the second girl got killed is where the Occupy Portland people have been camping for the last 5 weeks or so and they're supposed to be getting evicted tonight. Hopefully no bees will be involved.

Occupy Vancouver's lot are camped outside the Art Gallery, where the scene of the reporter being killed in Stargate SG-1's 'Secrets' was filmed. The court injunction is out on them too by the city council to evict them on fire safety grounds.

Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming. :)

hedwig
November 13th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Makes a nice change we can get to know another city through seeing it on a TV show. I hope to visit Portland one day when we finally do that drive down the west coast. Keep the Portland trivia coming. :)

*sniffles mightily* -- miss the Oregon Coast terribly. You will enjoy that trip immensely, I suspect.

Sp!der
November 14th, 2011, 12:46 AM
I decided to watch it only further if it gets renewed, I'm outside the us so I don't effect the ratings anyway... I don't have the time anymore investing time in shows only to find out that they are canceled... :/

RJLCyberPunk
November 14th, 2011, 03:21 AM
This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I hope both this show and once upon a time continue...

carmencatalina
November 14th, 2011, 01:35 PM

Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).

RJLCyberPunk
November 14th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Me, too. I'm not loving Grimm as much as OUAT, but I'm enjoying having interesting new TV to watch. They really are so very different, common source material aside.

But look at me, with two shows to watch right now! Crazy! I'm pretty happy (would be happier if I somehow stepped into an alternate reality where Firefly and SGU were still going on, but still, happy).

Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. :D (Joking)

Krisz
November 15th, 2011, 05:54 PM
This show reminds me more and more of Buffy the vampire slayer everyday only with the monsters based on Fairy tale characters...

I'm sure I read somewhere that some of the people who brought us 'Buffy' are part of this venture. Makes sense then. I thought it had that feel too, that's probably why I like it, I really liked the 'Buffy' and 'Angel' series'. Maybe someone has better luck than me finding something that mentions this fact.

I still like this show more than OUAT, I've felt more interested in the fates of the characters in Grimm than I do in OUAT. I'm still working on that one, Only Robert Carlyle having fun portraying Rumpelstiltskin keeps me watching at the moment.

I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

RJLCyberPunk
November 16th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I suppose there's a tendency to compare the two shows due to their use of all the fairy tales we grew up with as kids. I find it interesting that OUAT seems to focus on taking the happy ending out of the 'happy ending' fairy tales, whilst Grimm seems to be giving the dark tales of the Grimm brothers' tales a bit more hope, showing that all is not evil, there are some shades of grey.

In Grimm I'm not surprised they are heading that way, as you said some of the creative team behind Buffy is working on Grimm and in buffy/Angel not all creatures/demons were evil either. As for OUAT I think they are trying to bring the Fairy tales closer to reality and everyday life to show that they have always been part of our world to begin with which is why with Cinderella they have her fairy godmother killed by Rumpelstiltskin just so he could get his devious ways which I thought was brilliant by the way. :D

Ukko
November 17th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Maybe you could ask JellsGate these boards ratings fairy to get you there. :D (Joking)

Its catching.:D:p

Anyhow, since our ratings fairy ( :p ) hasnt ventured into the realm of Grimm, i thought i'd poke around the site he uses. Here (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/14/grimm-and-chuck-join-up-all-night-the-office-and-svu-among-top-gainers-going-from-livesame-day-to-live-7-day/110640/) or Here (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/15/nbc-how-much-lower-can-grimm-ratings-go-before-fans-need-to-worry/110567/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TvbythenumbersCancel%2FrenewNbcShows+%28NBC+RenewCancel%29) . Now, is there anyone who knows how to read this stuff can tell me if its good or bad, or do some extra poking? :D

VampyreWraith
November 19th, 2011, 06:25 AM
I really liked last night's episode. :) It kinda sucks that the next new episode isn't until Dec.

I was on imdb and I noticed that syfy will be airing the first 4 episodes on Tue(Nov22) from 7-11(so I guess NBC might be trying to try to expose the show to more viewers, which is good, I think). :)

loserinc
November 19th, 2011, 07:49 PM
I agree, last nights ep was really good. I am bummed I have to wait for more new eps though. This show has totally sucked me in. I'm really hoping it stays around.

There are a few good shows on this season, here's hoping we get to keep them, and not get more reality crap.

Callista
November 20th, 2011, 01:32 PM
To Ukko, who was wondering if Portland's forests are really that full of moss:
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/LHoffbeck/DSCN2155.jpg
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h91/LHoffbeck/DSCN2179.jpg
We took these today when we were out hiking.
Also, Portland trivia of the week: That was Multnomah Falls at the end of the last episode.

Ukko
November 22nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
Also, Portland trivia of the week: That was Multnomah Falls at the end of the last episode.

*Moves into Callista's forest* :D:p

Had to reutern just to post this good news. Grimm given a full season order. (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/21/grimm-given-a-full-season-order-by-nbc-will-get-a-thursday-trial/111489/) Yay! A full 22 episode season:D:D Lets hope it does well on Thursdays and gets a renewal. *Crosses fingers toes and all other appendages*

Now, i return to holiday obscurity. I'll try to stay there, promise.:p

carmencatalina
November 22nd, 2011, 09:32 AM
*Moves into Callista's forest* :D:p

Had to reutern just to post this good news. Grimm given a full season order. (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/11/21/grimm-given-a-full-season-order-by-nbc-will-get-a-thursday-trial/111489/) Yay! A full 22 episode season

Excellent! I want to see where this story is going.

Callista
November 22nd, 2011, 10:58 AM
Yay!

Delenn
November 26th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I loved the pilot but I was a little disappointed by the next episodes...until I watch the 1X04 which was very good! (and it was a bit funny for me to hear a lot of French sentences in the dialogues!) I'm happy to know that this first season will have 22 episodes, I think it's a good thing! It will be easier to develop the main plot!

Krisz
November 29th, 2011, 06:10 PM

Great pics! Loving the trivia, putting in my list of places to visit when we go down that way one day. :)

Aaaah, just got to love those mossy trees! The moss never ceases to fascinate me. It goes a luminous lime green around February time in Vancouver's forests!

Great news about the full season order to 22 episodes! We get to see more of Portland! :D

MasySyma
November 30th, 2011, 04:09 PM
I was not fond of an episode about lascivious goat men, but hopefully the next one is better.

Krisz
December 1st, 2011, 04:28 PM
I was not fond of an episode about lascivious goat men, but hopefully the next one is better.

It did have that shudder inducing quality! I kept trying to think what all those women fawning over that creepy guy reminded me of, and of course the awful Lucius Lavin episodes from SGA came to mind!

I loved the twist though when the creepy goat man was so upset when one of the toads were stepped on, but only because it was one less for him to eat!!! Yuk!

loserinc
December 8th, 2011, 02:21 AM
Occupy Vancouver's lot are camped outside the Art Gallery, where the scene of the reporter being killed in Stargate SG-1's 'Secrets' was filmed. The court injunction is out on them too by the city council to evict them on fire safety grounds.

Portland is quite lovely. I always get all "OH OH OH" when I watch this show, because I grew up in Portland, and currently just live across the river. It's always fun when something is filmed that you recognize.

I remember when they filmed some early X-Files there....

Callista
December 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Oh dear. It would appear the bridge hubby commutes over every day has a bajillion rats living under it.

Also, Jaime Ray Newman sure is getting a lot of work lately! (Well, actually I don't know if she is or not, but she's been in both of the shows I still watch within the last few weeks.)

Klenotka
December 13th, 2011, 09:04 AM
So I just made a complete rewatch of all the 6 episodes and I have to say, I really like this show. There is a lots of potential for many stories so I am curious how is it going to continue.
Jamie Ray Newman was great and I think she will be back (she definitely will go after Nick - I wouldn´t be surprised if she wanted to hurt Juliette)

I am glad NBC wants the whole 1 Season, they have a chance to devepol stories and characters. Ratings seem to be pretty stable so let´s hope Grimm will continue :)

loserinc
December 17th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Tonights ep was great. Not sure where they filmed the ep exactly, but it looks a lot like Forest Park....

I hope we see more of this new wolf girl! I like having good monsters

Klenotka
December 18th, 2011, 04:25 AM
I also hope to see these three beaver guys (whatever they were :D) who stalked Nick :) I love how they are trying to establish more stories and put them into the "case of the week" format.

MasySyma
December 18th, 2011, 01:28 PM
The Rapunzel episode was well done. I hope they get renewed; we marathoned the episodes this weekend, and the show is well done. The characters are well written.

I wish the makeup were better, but I just quit watching Once upon a Time. It's soap opera is so tedious.

The Pied Piper episode is my favorite.

Klenotka
December 18th, 2011, 02:22 PM
Well, they just got a full-season pick up (22 episodes, I think) so that´s a good way to renewal. It is doing really well, even in the ungrateful Friday evening.
I wanted to start watching Once Upon a Time but I read different opinions about it - somebody loves it, others think it´s not good :)

Lythisrose
December 19th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Well, they just got a full-season pick up (22 episodes, I think) so that´s a good way to renewal. It is doing really well, even in the ungrateful Friday evening.
I wanted to start watching Once Upon a Time but I read different opinions about it - somebody loves it, others think it´s not good :)

I started off watching OUAT but haven't gotten around to the last two eps, just hasn't held my interest as much as I'd hoped. Grimm on the other hand, just keeps getting better and better! I'm becoming a huge fan. :)

carmencatalina
December 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
I'm still watching, but I hope they do more of a continuing story line, and a little less "monster of the week", which I think will get dull soon. I like the 3 guys (one of whom was the refrigerator repair guy from a previous episode) that were stalking our Grimm; that could be fun.

Loved Munroe (sp?) and his over-the-top Christmas decorations!

Lythisrose
December 20th, 2011, 09:19 AM
I'm still watching, but I hope they do more of a continuing story line, and a little less "monster of the week", which I think will get dull soon. I like the 3 guys (one of whom was the refrigerator repair guy from a previous episode) that were stalking our Grimm; that could be fun.

Loved Munroe (sp?) and his over-the-top Christmas decorations!

Loved the Christmas decorations too! :)

I think they've planned this show as a police procedural with supernatural elements so I'm assuming (I know ;) ) that we are going to be seeing the monster of the week/case of the week format as standard for the show. With the larger story arc, whatever that is, being only a portion of each episode. I did like them bringing back the repairman (someone on another site called them refrigerbeavers :P). Wonder what Renard's plans for Nick are and do like the buddy duo of Nick and Monroe.

OUAT seems more "arc" ish, I think. It's good too, in a slightly different way.

Klenotka
December 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
They can still be a cop drama and to have a story-arc, too. When you think about it, many shows that are called "story-arc" have stand-alone episodes, and deal with the story-arc in the background of the episodes - like Farscape, for example, or even Buffy - two writers of Buffy write for Grimm anyway. So I wouldn´t be surprised if thay stayed faithful to the "monster of the week" format with bigger story-arc going on in the background.
There is a big potential for those stories on Grimm - you have Captain Renard and his intentions (and there is also the question who he really is), those beaver guys, stalking Nick, will probably spread the word and it could bring more dangerous creatures to Nick. And then there is the developing "friendship" between Nick and Eddie. Grimm and a "monster". We already saw a reaction of Eddie´s exgirlfriend to Nick, so I guess we will see a reaction of other Grimms to Nick´s connections to Eddie as well.

But they need to work at Nick´s parnter Hank and his girlfriend because both of them are not very well used.
I would maybe even prefer if Nick went solo, and stayed in contact with Hank. That way, they could keep that "cop TV show with supernatural element" and still develop the story behind the police stuff.

Ogler
January 14th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Did you all watch Ogre?

Skydiver
January 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Yeah. It was very interesting.

Callista
January 15th, 2012, 04:39 PM
I liked the ogre episode. It was nice that Hank and Juliet and even the Captain had more to do this time.

Klenotka
January 16th, 2012, 03:21 PM
I liked Nick giving Monroe the key from his trailer. It was a proof that he really trusts him. It will be interesting to watch how this strange relationship develops. And how is Nick going to explain that he owns the gun that killed the Orge, if Han will keep searching.

gotthammer
January 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
somewhat related question:
I'm not familiar w/ 'elephant guns': so what's the use of the 3rd barrel that uses a seemingly much smaller calibre?
Pretty gun, tho'. :D

Oh, and great episode. :D

Krisz
January 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Another good episode, that Ogre certainly was a nasty piece of work! Inventive idea to use an Elephant gun to bring him down due to his thick skin and bones. Much like the fast moving big game the British hunters used them for in Africa back in the days when shooting animals such as elephants and rhino was a socially acceptable pastime for the wealthy, as well as supplying the ivory trade! Isn't it sad that someone invented a weapon for this purpose alone?! :(

I'm tending to think that the third smaller caliber bullet was a dramatic addition to what is a specialised 'Grimm' weapon and elephant guns were double barreled. Perhaps the two larger caliber bullets brought the prey down, the third to finish the animal off at close range if it was still alive, presuming this configuration is real and not fictional. I don't know anything about guns, but it is a weird thing and would be interesting to know if such a configuration really exists and what the small bullet's purpose was!

Monroe was pretty handy with the gun, interesting that he knew how to shoot so accurately to hit the Ogre and deliver the poison!

I wondered when the reality of what Nick does for a job starts to impact on his home life. It was inevitable that he would be injured and his girlfriend threatened in their home. Now it will be interesting to see what he does, I wonder if he'll ever tell her and will she stand by him if he does.

This show is entertaining in many ways. I really like how the supernatural creatures and their murderous or unlawful activities are explained as 'normal' cases to be investigated by the cops. It manages to work on both levels as a supernatural drama and cop show really well.

Skydiver
January 17th, 2012, 03:02 AM
I think also the fact that the police chief is a creature too has something to do with it. Don't know if he's been revealed, or is just definitely sympathetic or what he is, but he's no normal human.

gotthammer
January 17th, 2012, 04:00 AM
I think also the fact that the police chief is a creature too has something to do with it. Don't know if he's been revealed, or is just definitely sympathetic or what he is, but he's no normal human.

Yup. I just hope they don't make him out to be a straight out 'bad guy' (shades of grey being more interesting and all that).

re: the gun
re: sad
well, I dunno. Aren't we, as a species, 'predatory' to begin with? I personally don't see anything wrong w/ hunting (unless it's excessive), whether for food or sport.

re: 3rd barrel thingy (after a wee bit more searching :D )
If the guy who commented on the official site (in the flash thingy showing the trailer home and the gun itself) is right, then the gun is probably a modified version of this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M30_Luftwaffe_drilling
http://www.gunauction.com/buy/10698136/guns-for-sale-drillings/j.-p.-sauer-and-son-j.p.sauer-luftwaffe-m30-drilling-12-12-9.3-74r

In any case, pretty gun. :)

Callista
January 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM

His name means "fox" in French, right? I think it said Captain Renard on the door. So, maybe he's like the fox in the fox and the wolf tale or something like that. Foxes are usually really sneaky and tricky in fairy tales so maybe the captain is knowingly using Nick to get the other wolves and creatures for his (the Captain's) own purposes. Has Ed met the Captain yet?

Lilli
January 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Love Grimm, I hope it gets another season!

Ogler
January 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Love Grimm, I hope it gets another season!

Ditto!

Ogler
February 4th, 2012, 12:02 PM
They are putting Grimm against Supernatural!
I always watch it the day after...but still love the show~
Organ Grinder was quite good. What did you think?

Callista
February 4th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Organ Grinder was quite good. What did you think?

I liked it. I'm glad they're showing that Nick wants to tell Juliet but is afraid to. I'm starting to like him more. I'm still not too enamored of Hank, but Ed, Nick and Juliet I'm liking quite a bit.

VampyreWraith
February 4th, 2012, 08:17 PM
I also liked Organ Grinder a lot, and I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the people/beings behind the phone call the chief got at the end of the ep.
I'm starting to like Nick a lot more too. I still get the feeling that something bad will happen to Juliet(I hope not though).

Klenotka
February 6th, 2012, 06:40 AM
It was a great episode. Creepy, and very...grimm :D I liked how they were able to finally show Nick as a real Grimm, without him losing his human side. But I have to admit, he was really scary when he freaked that shop owner out. And David Giuntoli seemed to have fun with Nick´s "dark side" :)

Ukko
February 6th, 2012, 06:55 AM
It was a great episode. Creepy, and very...grimm :D I liked how they were able to finally show Nick as a real Grimm, without him losing his human side. But I have to admit, he was really scary when he freaked that shop owner out. And David Giuntoli seemed to have fun with Nick´s "dark side" :)

I think badass Nick was good. Would like to see more of that. Put the fear of Grimm into the bad guys.:D

Im wondering if his boss is also a Grimm but gone bad, or some kind of evil version of the Grimms. And i want to know what happened to the hamster (fridge repair man) like guy and his friends who were spying on Nick.

Callista
February 6th, 2012, 09:17 AM
One of my daughter's friends said she saw them filming at the zoo, so apparently one of the upcoming episodes will have real animal ties. (I hope it wasn't the insect house!! Maybe it's the naked mole rats! :P)
I think I'm going to have to watch next week's episode with my fingers splayed out over my eyes. We do have some very big spiders around here. (Well, I think they're big. I suppose someone who lives in the Amazon would probably disagree with me.)

Ukko
February 6th, 2012, 09:39 AM
One of my daughter's friends said she saw them filming at the zoo, so apparently one of the upcoming episodes will have real animal ties. (I hope it wasn't the insect house!! Maybe it's the naked mole rats! :P)
I think I'm going to have to watch next week's episode with my fingers splayed out over my eyes. We do have some very big spiders around here. (Well, I think they're big. I suppose someone who lives in the Amazon would probably disagree with me.)

I hear the Amazon is full of Grimm fans.:p:D

Maybe the zoo thing is about a creature who works with his animal counterparts. Like pied piper DJ kid with the rats. Ha! A Blutbad hanging around with wolves.

Angela V
February 6th, 2012, 09:42 PM
I love this show! I tried this out and Once Upon a Time. I dropped OUAT even though I liked to see Robert Caryl in something again. But his character alone couldn't contain my interest.

I hope Grimm sticks around. I enjoy the characters and all the "fairy tale" stuff in a modern world. For anyone who likes this you should check out Canadian author Charles deLint. He's been writing these kind of stories for decades. My husband introduced me to his books. He also know writes for young adult so be sure to pay attention to whom the book audience is for. He has tons of stuff out.

Sp!der
February 9th, 2012, 12:32 PM
This and Person of Interest will be the only new shows I'll get on DVD and maybe alcatraz and touch :D

mi_guard
February 11th, 2012, 05:14 AM
:eek: "Last Grimm Standing" promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2J8-Ia2-4

:eek: :eek:

Callista
February 11th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I think spider lady needs to go to finishing school and learn some table manners. Ew!!

VampyreWraith
February 11th, 2012, 03:03 PM
:eek: "Last Grimm Standing" promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij2J8-Ia2-4

:eek: :eek:

That ep looks really good, I can't wait! :)

Girlbot
February 11th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I think spider lady needs to go to finishing school and learn some table manners. Ew!!

That was a freaky ep. I have never heard of that creature before

Ogler
February 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
She was quite interesting and now her daughter will be just like her.

Girlbot
February 11th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I knew that when she stole the watch. Charlotte had said they liked shiny things.

Ogler
February 11th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yes, but then she traded it for a BIKE!

Girlbot
February 11th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Well the bike was bigger, so probably shinier:D

Ogler
February 11th, 2012, 06:28 PM

:lol:

Ukko
February 11th, 2012, 06:57 PM

Better watch out. I hear Girlbots are pretty shiny too.:p

Klenotka
February 12th, 2012, 03:52 AM
This episode was really creepy. I like that :D
Amy Acker did a great job. Also, Nick seemed to find his inner-Grimm, which is great. I like Grimm Nick :)
I am curious when will Hank say "OK, this is weird and I want some answers" because he looks like he knows something weird is going just doesn´t know the source of it. Same for Juliette.

The promo for next episode looks great, I can´t wait!

Girlbot
February 12th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Better watch out. I hear Girlbots are pretty shiny too.:p
:weiranime42:

Aeron
February 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I'm loving Grimm, can't wait to watch more episodes! I tried OUAT but got bored :/ Which is a shame, because I quite like Jennifer Morrison. Anyway, I'll probably watch more. It's a bit different than some things I've watched recently, which is always good.

I can't help think that the main man would make a perfect Clark Kent, but that's just my Superman obsession seeping into everything <_<

Girlbot
February 16th, 2012, 08:00 AM
The Police Captain has been a bit quiet lately. Is he in hiding from the Fae? In league with them? Or just keeping a low profile from Grimm.

Callista
February 16th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Aargh! They're preempting tomorrow night's episode for another (*&@$*&^ing awards show. (Seriously, Hollywood. Aren't all of your people's egos big enough already? Must you keep giving them more televised awards?) If they keep showing this show so sporadically, they're going to kill it. And then I'll be sad, because I don't have anything else to do on Friday night. And now I'm even sadder. :( :P

Ukko
February 16th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Every time they do this, the ratings go down.:( They come back up in the next episode, but still.:(

mi_guard
February 16th, 2012, 10:53 AM
The Police Captain has been a bit quiet lately. Is he in hiding from the Fae? In league with them? Or just keeping a low profile from Grimm.

my question is: why can't Nick recognize him for what he really is?

Lythisrose
February 16th, 2012, 11:09 AM

But what exactly is he? We don't yet know.

mi_guard
February 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
I thought to have understood that he is a Wesen too or did I get it wrong?

Lythisrose
February 16th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I thought to have understood that he is a Wesen too or did I get it wrong?
I think we just don't know at this point. Also, evidently Nick sees them for what they are when they lose control, I see Capt. Renard as VERY in control of his emotions. Too bad there is no new episode tomorrow so that we can learn more! :(

mi_guard
February 16th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I think we just don't know at this point. Also, evidently Nick sees them for what they are when they lose control, I see Capt. Renard as VERY in control of his emotions. Too bad there is no new episode tomorrow so that we can learn more! :(

:indeed: Capt. Renard is a very controlled person.

what? no episode this week? I was waiting to see "The Last Grimm Standing"!!!!!! :(

Lythisrose
February 16th, 2012, 11:42 AM
:indeed: Capt. Renard is a very controlled person.

what? no episode this week? I was waiting to see "The Last Grimm Standing"!!!!!! :(

Me too! They are skipping a week to air some awards show. :(

Girlbot
February 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
He can only tell what they are when they lose control of their emotions, and then they change out of human form for a second.
The Captain can keep control

Girlbot
February 16th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Aargh! They're preempting tomorrow night's episode for another (*&@$*&^ing awards show. (Seriously, Hollywood. Aren't all of your people's egos big enough already? Must you keep giving them more televised awards?) If they keep showing this show so sporadically, they're going to kill it. And then I'll be sad, because I don't have anything else to do on Friday night. And now I'm even sadder. :( :P
*shoots Oscars* :(

VampyreWraith
February 16th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Eww the Oscars, and I was really looking forward to a new episode tomorrow. :(

Lythisrose
February 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Eww the Oscars, and I was really looking forward to a new episode tomorrow. :(

Well, it's not actually the Oscars, it's the 43rd NAACP Image awards.

Decsription of the episode from an article at TVByTheNumbers:

NICK AND HANK’S INVESTIGATION OF A TRAGIC MURDER LEADS TO A FIGHT CLUB UNLIKE ANY OTHER—A bizarre double homicide leads Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) to a boxing gym, which Nick discovers is a supplier for a darker, ritualistic fight club in the creature world. When Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) lends a hand and gets in over his head, Nick must dig deep and find his inner "Grimm" to defend him. Bitsie Tulloch, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

VampyreWraith
February 16th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Well, it's not actually the Oscars, it's the 43rd NAACP Image awards.

Ahh ok, still not something I want to watch lol. :P

Girlbot
February 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Why do we need a preview of the Oscars?
* raises eyeshields melts all oscars *

Klenotka
February 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Decsription of the episode from an article at TVByTheNumbers:

NICK AND HANK’S INVESTIGATION OF A TRAGIC MURDER LEADS TO A FIGHT CLUB UNLIKE ANY OTHER—A bizarre double homicide leads Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) to a boxing gym, which Nick discovers is a supplier for a darker, ritualistic fight club in the creature world. When Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) lends a hand and gets in over his head, Nick must dig deep and find his inner "Grimm" to defend him. Bitsie Tulloch, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

Inner Grimm? Sounds great! I don´t want to wait another week :( NBC will kill the show with these breaks :(

Sp!der
February 18th, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'm just catching up ( I'm up to Episode 3... and I love it!!! ) I hope this show deserve its chance to reach its full potential :D it reminds me more of Angel, then of Buffy actually. How many episodes will there be essentialy ? 20 ? or 12 ?

Klenotka
February 19th, 2012, 02:49 AM
They got 22 episodes. So hopefully, they will get a chance to develop a story and characters properly...and I hope there will be Season 2.

Sp!der
February 19th, 2012, 03:06 AM
They got 22 episodes. So hopefully, they will get a chance to develop a story and characters properly...and I hope there will be Season 2.

Yeah I'll hope with you as well!

mi_guard
February 19th, 2012, 04:26 AM
one of the next episodes will be: ""THREE COINS IN A FUCHSBAU"

here the preview: THE SEARCH FOR A MURDER SUSPECT LEADS TO POWERFUL RARE COINS AND ANSWERS TO NICK’S PAST – TITUS WELLIVER GUEST STARS –A failed jewelry store robbery results in a murder that finds Nick and Hank immersed in a hunt for rare coins. Nick soon learns that these coins have an unsettling effect on whoever possesses them, as Hank and Captain Renard begin to exhibit unusual behavior. Meanwhile, a mysterious old friend of Aunt Marie’s comes to Nick with information about his family and what led to his parent’s death.
this may be interesting as Cap Renard seems to be more involved in this episode

Ukko
February 19th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Everyone in here needs to go here
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/84127-I-d-Love-To-See-A-Dedicated-Folder-For
and vote for Grimm.

mi_guard
February 20th, 2012, 01:52 AM
preview for a future episode called "PLUMED SERPENT"

NICK’S LATEST CASE THREATENS HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH JULIETTE – DANIEL BALDWIN ( "HOMICIDE" ) AND DANIELLE PANABAKER ("FRIDAY THE 13TH") GUEST STAR -- While investigating an arson-related homicide with Hank, Nick finds himself in the heated world of Portland fire-dancing where he meets a woman who might just be too hot to handle. With Monroe’s help, Nick will have to find out if he can investigate the case without getting himself or those close to him burned.
from www.imdb.com

Callista
February 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Portland fire-dancing? Why haven't I heard of this!?!?!? (Off to check last Friday's "Things to do over the week-end" section of the newspaper.....:P)

ETA: Well, whataya know. We do have fire dancers. Several of them!

Lythisrose
February 22nd, 2012, 04:56 PM
From EW, the Sneak Peak vid for Last Grimm Standing 1:12:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/22/grimm-fight-club-exclusive-clip/

and some photos:
http://chevronone.com/tv/grimm-episode-1-12-last-grimm-standing-promotional-pictures/

mi_guard
February 22nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
^ :eek: have you seen the first picture? I can't wait any longer, I need to see this episode :D

Sharra
February 23rd, 2012, 07:47 AM
I've been watching this show and enjoying it a great deal. I'm surprised it doesn't have a forum of its own here.

mi_guard
February 25th, 2012, 11:30 AM
preview for next week's episode: Three Coins in a Fuchsbau

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/three-coins-in-a-fuchsbau/1387403/

mi_guard
February 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM
so anyone watched "The Last Grimm Standing"?

still wondering what Cap. Renard represents

At one point Cap. Renard speak sabout his 'canton'. The defintion of 'canton' is: 'a small territorial division of a country'.
He says that a Wesen has 'lost respect' and 'no longer fears the sword'.
One of the Wesen addresses him as "your Highness" which is normally referred to a royal person.
So he seems to have a high position within the Wesen world. He must be a Wesen. I cannot imagine that Wesen would otherwise follow his word.
anyone else saw any other detail which could clarify his position?

Krisz
February 26th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Everyone in here needs to go here
http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/84127-I-d-Love-To-See-A-Dedicated-Folder-For
and vote for Grimm.

Done! :)

Last Grimm Standing: Great episode,

Loved the whole thing of the Gladitorial games surviving into the 21st century as illegal underground entertainment. You could really imagine it being like that if it was still something acceptable today as entertainment for the masses! Funny moment with the 'Daniel in the Lion's den' thing with Monroe pulling out the nail from his future opponent's hand, but not being spared in gratitude when they faced eachother in the arena!

I still don't know what Captain Renard is up to and what his position is in this group working in the background. Is he one of many who are preserving an ancient balance of the human and non human creatures? Since the Grimms are part of this I think he's only looking out for Nick as part of some ultimate plan. The mystery only deepens with his being addressed as a 'Royal' with responsibilities for his 'domain'.

I'm intrigued though about the scope of a Grimm's abilities. If Nick has them what are they apart from being able to see the creatures for what they are and they see him in a certain way? I wonder if we'll ever see what a Grimm looks like to the creatures!

Callista
February 27th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Done! :)

Last Grimm Standing: Great episode,

Loved the whole thing of the Gladitorial games surviving into the 21st century as illegal underground entertainment. You could really imagine it being like that if it was still something acceptable today as entertainment for the masses! Funny moment with the 'Daniel in the Lion's den' thing with Monroe pulling out the nail from his future opponent's hand, but not being spared in gratitude when they faced eachother in the arena!

I still don't know what Captain Renard is up to and what his position is in this group working in the background. Is he one of many who are preserving an ancient balance of the human and non human creatures? Since the Grimms are part of this I think he's only looking out for Nick as part of some ultimate plan. The mystery only deepens with his being addressed as a 'Royal' with responsibilities for his 'domain'.

I'm intrigued though about the scope of a Grimm's abilities. If Nick has them what are they apart from being able to see the creatures for what they are and they see him in a certain way? I wonder if we'll ever see what a Grimm looks like to the creatures! Yes, I'd like to know what Nick looks like to the creatures, too. He must look a lot scarier to them than he does to us.

Krisz
February 29th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Yes, I'd like to know what Nick looks like to the creatures, too. He must look a lot scarier to them than he does to us.

Maybe the cuter a Grimm is, the more scary they look to the creatures! :P

Reminds me of that story arc in 'Angel' where the 'Grusalaag' was a monster in the eyes of the creatures of another dimension Cordelia ended up in, but he was a good looking human hunk of a man! :D

Klenotka
March 3rd, 2012, 03:34 AM
Three Coins in a Fuchsbau was another strong episode. One of the best. Again :)
We finally know something about Nick´s past, he added something into his trailer (the coins) and both of these storylines are far from over. I am sure people will keep looking for the coins and there is still so much we don´t know about Nick´s family. So...his parents were also grimms? Or just his mum? If it runs in the blood (and in the family) then it would make sense.

Girlbot
March 3rd, 2012, 07:13 AM
Three Coins in a Fuchsbau was another strong episode. One of the best. Again :)
We finally know something about Nick´s past, he added something into his trailer (the coins) and both of these storylines are far from over. I am sure people will keep looking for the coins and there is still so much we don´t know about Nick´s family. So...his parents were also grimms? Or just his mum? If it runs in the blood (and in the family) then it would make sense.

Loved this ep.

mi_guard
March 3rd, 2012, 12:06 PM
I had hoped that the coins would make Cap. Renard lose control, so that we could see who/what he really is.

Skydiver
March 3rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
the captain seems to be

a local warlord of a sort. he's in charge of a section of territory and seems to be in control of the local Wessen. Managing them and keeping them under control of a sort.
but seems to be just as vulnerable as the others to the draw of the coins. I wonder...did Nick feel the craving too? or was he just aware enough of it to lock it away?

Girlbot
March 3rd, 2012, 02:40 PM
I don't think he had them in his possession long enough

Ukko
March 3rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
So, Hitler was a Wessen. That guy really was a monster.:p

Klenotka
March 4th, 2012, 10:57 AM
the captain seems to be

a local warlord of a sort. he's in charge of a section of territory and seems to be in control of the local Wessen. Managing them and keeping them under control of a sort.
but seems to be just as vulnerable as the others to the draw of the coins. I wonder...did Nick feel the craving too? or was he just aware enough of it to lock it away?

They said that Grimms are stronger so they are not so easily affected. I think the Captain is some Grimm royalty so he is involved with all parties and wessen and Grimm reapers respect him.

mi_guard
March 4th, 2012, 11:40 AM
promo for next episode - Plumed Serpent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mv3A6IE9rU "I'm not liking the plan so far" :D

looks interesting

mi_guard
March 4th, 2012, 11:42 AM
and upcoming episode titles

Episode 15 Island of Dreams (16 March 2012)
Episode 16 The Thing with Feathers
Episode 17 Love Sick
Episode 18 Cat and Mouse

Krisz
March 4th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Three Coins in a Fuchsbau is my favourite episode to date. It was so fascinating to see.....

....the effect the coins had on everyone, the negative sides of their egos coming out. All seeing different ways of dealing with the evil and injustice they perceive around them. The image of Hitler on that movie Nick watched said it all really about that personification of evil, LOL!

I loved how Captain Renard dreamed of how he would save the world from the criminals and appeared as a dictatorial 'saviour' on the balcony to his multitude of followers below in a Nazi style political rally. The next day he turns up in his uniform and looks worryingly like a 'dictator' in it, and rants on about how he will save everyone from the evil criminals. It's these clever little moments I love in this show.

This show just gets better and better! :)

mi_guard
March 5th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Quote from Three Coins in a Fuchsbau

"Probably thought he was safe...in the safe."
:)

mi_guard
March 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
just saw a sneak peek for the ep "Plumed Serpent" and apparently the reapers have killed another Grimm :eek:

mi_guard
March 9th, 2012, 01:20 AM
here two sneak peeks for 'Plumed Serpent'

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/grimm-episode-114-plumed-serpent-new.html

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/03/grimm-episode-114-plumed-serpent-sneak.html

Skydiver
March 9th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I'm going to have to catch this one off on demand since my local station has decided that basketball is more important than anything else :rolleyes:

mi_guard
March 9th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I'm going to have to catch this one off on demand since my local station has decided that basketball is more important than anything else :rolleyes:

:eek: and they just skip an episode? :(

Skydiver
March 9th, 2012, 06:41 AM
they're either skipping it or they're going to air it at 4am or something. And I don't have a second NBC affiliate in the area so I'm stuck.
On the upside NBC does have an iPad app that I can stream the episode on, or my cable's on demand.

Girlbot
March 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM

Don't you just hate March Madness :(

mi_guard
March 9th, 2012, 01:10 PM
article about 'Grimm'

'Grimm': David Giuntoli talks about Nick's future; Sasha Roiz focuses on Renard's past
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/03/grimm-david-giuntoli-talks-about-nicks-future-sasha-roiz-focuses-on-renards-past.html

Easter Lily
March 9th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the tip people.
It's a terriic show... really enjoying it. Much more intriguing than Once Upon a Time. Went through nine episodes in two days. Love the whole police procedural cum fantasy elements. Looking at Nick is like looking at Chris Reeve or Brandon Routh's younger brother.
Reminds me of the early days of Fringe.

Girlbot
March 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
"Plumed Serpent" I put it in spoilers in case :
this was a great epeisode. I loved the copper covered house, and the concept that the daemonfeur (sp) had to vomit to produce the fire :eek:
They never said exactly what caused the fire that killed the Mother did they?
I wonder if his guilt had something to do with his being responsible for the fire.
And finally Nick's fiance gets to meet the werewolf friend

Skydiver
March 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Don't you just hate March Madness :(
marchmadness hasn't even started yet. That's on cbs. This is local MIAA Basketball messing up my shows.

Not all of us worship at the altar of sports, wish they'd think of that.

mi_guard
March 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
promo for next episode "The Island of Dreams*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc74kPYDjo8

mi_guard
March 11th, 2012, 09:06 AM
really? next episode is only airing on 30.3.12? please tell me that's not correct :S :(

and about the last episode 'Plumed Serpent', I so liked following quote from Monroe :)

Eddie: Hey, I'm just glad to be here, to you know, help rescue a woman I've never met before. Or been introduced to. But, you know, hey, I don't take it personally...
Nick: Are you really going to bring that up right now?

Lythisrose
March 11th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Yeah, next new ep is the 30th. They supposedly are showing repeats the next two weeks. Someone on another board suggested it's to catch up with the post production schedule .

Klenotka
March 12th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Bitsie Tulloch said in an interview they just wrapped 19th episode so it is possible.

I can imagine that random viewers must be confused but the repeats.
But then we should get the rest of the season without breaks.

NBC should also decide if they are going to renew the show. It has a stable fanbase, and gets better with each episode, so I hope they will renew it.

mi_guard
March 13th, 2012, 02:52 AM
I would have a question about the actor playing Monroe, Silas Weir Mitchell. Does anyone know his age? Even only approximately? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Lythisrose
March 13th, 2012, 03:18 AM
I would have a question about the actor playing Monroe, Silas Weir Mitchell. Does anyone know his age? Even only approximately? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks.

Not sure if it's accurate (IMDb doesn't list an age) but this site http://www.fanmail.biz/91738.html says he was born October 28, 1972.

mi_guard
March 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Not sure if it's accurate (IMDb doesn't list an age) but this site http://www.fanmail.biz/91738.html says he was born October 28, 1972.

thanks :) I had checked IMBd and Wiki but it wasn't indicated :)

Sp!der
March 16th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Good news finally from NBC, Grimm fans can cheer up, NBC renewed it for a second season:
http://tv.ign.com/articles/122/1220952p1.html

VampyreWraith
March 16th, 2012, 11:03 AM
YAY! I'm really happy it got renewed! :D

Callista
March 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
YAY! I'm really happy it got renewed! :D

I second your "Yay!"!

Easter Lily
March 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
It is good news.
The last thing I wanted was is to get into a show only for it to be left hanging in limbo about what it could have been.
I am so looking forward to the next episode.

Lythisrose
March 16th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Great news!

Klenotka
March 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
It really cheered me up when I heard about the renewal. NBC finally got something right :)

mi_guard
March 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
a very big spoiler for the episode "Love Sick" - so follow the link only at your own risk

http://www.ksitetv.com/grimm/grimm-episode-17-love-sick-spoiler-description/12963

mi_guard
March 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
and good news for German speaking Grimm fans: finally a German channel has bought the rights on 'Grimm', i.e. VOX

http://www.cinefacts.de/tv-news/29308-vox-sichert-sich-rechte-an-neuer-us-serie-grimm.html

Callista
March 30th, 2012, 09:09 PM
The drama of this show gets ruined when my husband keeps calling the blond girl a wildebeest instead of a hexenbiest :P.
I wonder why Juliette is such a good shot?

mi_guard
March 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
The drama of this show gets ruined when my husband keeps calling the blond girl a wildebeest instead of a hexenbiest :P.
I wonder why Juliette is such a good shot?
:lol:
loved this episode - but it was a little bit frightening - poor Wu! and I so far really like Rosaleen (?)

and here the promo for next week's episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpKVTBo59WI

mi_guard
March 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM
I have a question regarding the "Island of Dreams" episode: to which fairy tale does it relate? Does anyone know?

Callista
March 31st, 2012, 10:16 PM
I don't know which fairy tale it was.

I have my own question, though: Why was Wu eating his couch cushions?

tomstone
March 31st, 2012, 10:48 PM
I don't know which fairy tale it was.

I have my own question, though: Why was Wu eating his couch cushions?

A sideeffect from the Zaubertrank, he will now have a craving that nothing can fill. It was kind of disturbing though what a satisfied look he had eating that. He will be dead by the next ep if he keeps that up.

And just a sidenote, the way they use german at times goes on my nerves. Zaubertrank? Really? Wouldnt it have made more sense if they would have called it by what it was? Its not like Potions originated in Germany, like many of these Monsters seem to be, going by their names.

mi_guard
April 2nd, 2012, 12:26 AM
I am still wondering what exactly Renard represents and after the 'Island of Dreams' episode I would say that he is a descendant of the French Kings, specifically of the Bourbon dinasty.
He speaks French. When he had the coins he informed someone in Paris. And speaking of the painting, he mentions that it pertained to his family but it was lost during the Revolution along with some heads. As Louis XVI and Marie-Antoinette did effectively 'lose their heads' during the French Revolution, I would bet that Renard is from their royal lineage. what do you think?

Klenotka
April 2nd, 2012, 02:42 AM
Grimm gets better with each episode (I think I said that already but I believe it´s truth :)) Rosaleen is a great addition, I love the relationship between Nick and Monroe so this will be a nice change of a dynamics. Grimm also gets creepier which I like. Wu eating that "couch" was really creepy, as was the bite in the beginning. I am glad there won´t be any breaks and we will get 8 more episodes :)

Callista
April 2nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
By the way, that painting was "La Bella" or "Woman wearing a blue dress" or something like that by Titian. It was in Portland's art museum a few months ago. (My daughter informed me of that fact while we were watching because they talked about it in art class.)

mi_guard
April 2nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
By the way, that painting was "La Bella" or "Woman wearing a blue dress" or something like that by Titian. It was in Portland's art museum a few months ago. (My daughter informed me of that fact while we were watching because they talked about it in art class.)

so they may have effectively shot that part in Portland's art museum and filmed the original painting? :)

Callista
April 2nd, 2012, 12:29 PM
so they may have effectively shot that part in Portland's art museum and filmed the original painting? :)

Yep.

Also, this is what NBC has to say about the inspiration for "Island of Dreams":

"Soon he was so in love with the witch's daughter that he could think of nothing else. He
lived by the light of her eyes and gladly did whatever she asked." - Donkey Cabbages

"Island of Dreams" is loosely based on a Grimm tale called "Donkey Cabbages" or "The
Donkey Cabbage." In the story, a huntsman goes out into the world and comes across a
castle where an old witch lives with her beautiful daughter. He quickly falls in love with
the young witch, who deceives him and abuses his love to steal his fortune. (He then
ends up stranded in a magic cabbage field and turns into a donkey, but that portion of
the story proves irrelevant to the episode.) Hank clearly parallels the huntsman, and
Adalind is the witch's daughter. With her sexual prowess and her love potion, Adalind
intends to manipulate Hank's affections to get what she needs.

mi_guard
April 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Yep.

Also, this is what NBC has to say about the inspiration for "Island of Dreams":

"Soon he was so in love with the witch's daughter that he could think of nothing else. He
lived by the light of her eyes and gladly did whatever she asked." - Donkey Cabbages

"Island of Dreams" is loosely based on a Grimm tale called "Donkey Cabbages" or "The
Donkey Cabbage." In the story, a huntsman goes out into the world and comes across a
castle where an old witch lives with her beautiful daughter. He quickly falls in love with
the young witch, who deceives him and abuses his love to steal his fortune. (He then
ends up stranded in a magic cabbage field and turns into a donkey, but that portion of
the story proves irrelevant to the episode.) Hank clearly parallels the huntsman, and
Adalind is the witch's daughter. With her sexual prowess and her love potion, Adalind
intends to manipulate Hank's affections to get what she needs.

okay, thank you very much - that Grimm tale is completely new to me

but I think we will see more to it in one of the next episodes based on the spoilers I already read .....

really looking forward to the next ep :D

Lythisrose
April 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
Still really enjoying this show. I liked Rosalee a lot and am looking forward to the next episode. Several of the actors/writers have tweeted that there will be no more breaks till the end of the season - I really hope they are right! :)

I miss Grimm when it's not on. :(

mi_guard
April 2nd, 2012, 01:16 PM
Press release for episode 18 - Cat and Mouse

do not open if you don't want to be spoiled
NICK MUST CHOOSE SIDES WHEN HIS DUTY AS A GRIMM CONFLICTS WITH HIS DUTY AS A DETECTIVE - While investigating a string of murders, Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) learn that their suspect’s crime wave began overseas. When Nick discovers the suspect (guest star Neil Hopkins) is being harbored by none other than Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (guest star Bree Turner), he realizes he’s hunting the hunted, a freedom fighter trying desperately to escape the clutches of a creature bounty hunter (guest star Sebastian Roche)

mi_guard
April 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
spoilers for episode 19 - Leave it to the Beavers

An investigation into a construction worker's death leads Nick into a conflict in the creature world; Juliette makes Nick invite Monroe to dinner

:eek: the second sentence :D I am so looking forward to see that, I am sure that will be really funny or extremely awkward :D

Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
April 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
i have to ask: is this better than once upon a time?

mi_guard
April 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM

well depends on your own taste - the two shows are different; maybe this link can give you some hints http://tv.nytimes.com/2011/10/22/arts/television/grimm-on-nbc-and-once-upon-a-time-on-abc-review.html it was written short after the start of both shows, but might help you understand the difference

even if I am a huge fan of Robert Carlyle who plays Rumpel in OUAT, after 3-4 episodes I stopped watching 'Once Upon A Time' - I personally prefer Grimm

Callista
April 4th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry, I've never seen OUAT so I can't say. The only reason I started watching Grimm is because I live in Portland and our local paper had several articles about it so I gave it a shot. I think it was a little slow at the beginning, but I'm loving it now!

VampyreWraith
April 4th, 2012, 08:31 AM
I like both Grimm and OUAT, sometimes I'll like an episode of one over an episode of the other. They're similar in that they both focus on a different fairy tale/fairy tale character each week. OUAT is more serial though, Grimm has an overall arc, but the episodes can stand alone better. OUAT is also more of a fantasy series, while Grimm is more of a supernatual crime drama.

Klenotka
April 5th, 2012, 01:38 AM
I don´t watch OUAT (and how people keep comparing it, I don´t even think I want to) but I know few people who watch both and they say that Grimm is better. As said, it is a little slow in the beginning but has a bigger arc and gets better with each episode.

mi_guard
April 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Sorry, I've never seen OUAT so I can't say. The only reason I started watching Grimm is because I live in Portland and our local paper had several articles about it so I gave it a shot. I think it was a little slow at the beginning, but I'm loving it now!

as you live in Portland, has it happened to you to see them filming or to see some of the cast?

Callista
April 5th, 2012, 08:20 PM
as you live in Portland, has it happened to you to see them filming or to see some of the cast?

Nope, I haven't seen them. My daughter's friend said she saw them once, but that's as close as I can get. :P

mi_guard
April 6th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Nope, I haven't seen them. My daughter's friend said she saw them once, but that's as close as I can get. :P
good that I do not live there, I think I would become a stalker :o

mi_guard
April 6th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Grimm - Casting News - Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio to Guest

Former Law & Order: Criminal Intent captain Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio has signed on to guest star in the season finale of Grimm, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress — a 1987 Oscar nominee for her supporting role in The Color of Money — will play the intriguingly-monikered Woman in Black, the latest obstacle for Nick and Hank.

mi_guard
April 7th, 2012, 12:10 PM
The Thing with Feathers - oh, that has again been a creepy episode :eek: and poor poor Nick, I felt so sad for him at the end.

and when he helped the girl it was like he was getting instructions by phone for helping delivering a child

Looking forward to the next episode ...

mi_guard
April 7th, 2012, 12:18 PM
promo for "Love Sick" :eek:

spoilers spoilers spoilers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdbPsWvHCEY

and here is a sneak peek of the same episode - couldn't find it on youtube so I am posting this link:

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-117-love-sick-sneak-peek.html

Klenotka
April 8th, 2012, 07:48 AM
The Thing with Feathers - oh, that has again been a creepy episode :eek: and poor poor Nick, I felt so sad for him at the end.

Yes, it was creepy. That feeding was very disgusting but I think it is exactly what makes Grimm that good - Grimm stories were never fairy tales, but darker stories and they just took it and added even more horror elements.

I also like captain more and more, because in every episode, I have no idea what to think about him, which makes him very interesting. And Sasha Roiz is great.

And we finally get the rest of the Season 1 without any breaks :)

mi_guard
April 8th, 2012, 10:08 AM
an actor who played in "Dexter" will soon be a reaper in "Grimm"

http://lawtechworld.com/tv/2012/03/grimm-season-1-casting-spoiler-david-zayas-as-sal-burrel/

and a "True Blood" actress will play Adalind's mother

http://lawtechworld.com/tv/2012/02/grimm-season-1-casting-spoiler-jessica-tuck-as-catherine/

can't remember seeing these details earlier, so I am posting the links

Ukko
April 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Tried to do some Grimm sigs. But its really hard to find good pictures of the Wesen. Only did two. I'll attempt more when i can find better pictures and some patience.:p

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/Folksky/ziegevolk.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/Folksky/fuchsbau.jpg

Ukko
April 10th, 2012, 12:14 PM
One Two more.:p

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/Folksky/reinigen.jpg

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss184/Folksky/blutbad.jpg

mi_guard
April 12th, 2012, 01:39 PM
and here another 'Love Sick' sneak peek

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-117-love-sick-sneak-peek_11.html

Klenotka
April 13th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Photos from episode 1x18 - "Cat and Mouse"
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-118-cat-and-mouse.html

Episode 1x20 - "Happily Ever After" short synopsis
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-120-happily-ever.html

mi_guard
April 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Photos from episode 1x18 - "Cat and Mouse"
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-118-cat-and-mouse.html

Episode 1x20 - "Happily Ever After" short synopsis
http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/04/grimm-episode-120-happily-ever.html

about the pictures for "Cat and Mouse", wondering what the last one means; is Nick surrendering? :eek:

Klenotka
April 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I am more curious about the picture with Nick in Rosalee´s shop. Who is the other guy with a gun? I read something about a "monster hunter", could it be him?

Ukko
April 14th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Wu spat bits of carpet at Rosalee when he woke up.:lol: Her face.:lol:

MasySyma
April 14th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Last night's episode was wonderful. I liked that they made us feel sorry for the Hexen beast. I appreciate the addition of Rosalee as well.

mi_guard
April 14th, 2012, 12:59 PM
well, assume that now Nick won't have any more objections if Hank and Adalind stay together

and Monroe was so worried about Nick, so sweet, I think he really considers him a friend

tomstone
April 14th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I laughed out loud when Nick asked Monroe, why they keep calling it Zaubertrank. :)

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/81976-Grimm?p=13265947&viewfull=1#post13265947
As if they where reading my posts. :P

mi_guard
April 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
promo for next week's "Cat and Mouse" episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-8pEn8O5PE

mi_guard
April 14th, 2012, 02:12 PM
and a sneak peek for "Cat and Mouse"

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/conflict-of-interests/1396548