Question about Narns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Narns

Does anyone remember if we ever saw any Narn romance? I can't. According to the b5 wiki G'Kar had a daughter with a mate and also an affair with one of Londo's wives, but did we ever see any courtship rituals? Any shows of signs of affection? (I'm wondering what Narn signs of affection might be...)
    Last edited by nebulan; 11 July 2011, 09:35 AM. Reason: curse you autocorrect!

We never saw anything like that. We saw G'Kar had a thing for human women at one point, and of course he got freaky with Mollari's wife, but there was never any real Narn romance shown. I don't believe that Narn signs of affection would be any different to anyone elses.

sigpic

Comment

I don't think there was any Narn romance shown. I would of been curious to know myself. The closest thing I can think of was when G'kar suggested to Lyta about creating a baby with him by doing a 'direct mating' for her telepathic DNA, though he seemed to be interested in other things besides her DNA. He also seemed to be more interested in human females than those of his own kind. Even then I don't know if the way G'kar was acting with Lyta, is the way an average Narn male would act to a Narn female if he was looking for some.
      The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Like you, the only thing I know of G'Kar's daughter is from the B5 Wikia. He mentioned a having a mate in the pilot film The Gathering, (When he was talking to Lyta) but we never see her or hear anything more about her..
        At the end of the episode Soul Mates, he does indeed sleep with Londo's youngest wife Mariel. In fact, earlier in the episode, you might noticed that he throws a piece of fruit to her, which apparently is a custom that is part of the Narn courting ritual. I think that's the only custom/ritual we see though.
        But I do love the whole G'Kar and Lyta thing. I'd love to know what happened to them after they left, post-series.
        "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
        "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I don't believe that Narn signs of affection would be any different to anyone elses.
          Haha, I can't imagine every species enjoys kissing as much as other species! But yeah, I guess we can just guess, and G'Kar had more liberal tastes perhaps. It definately would have been interesting if we'd seen with him and Lyta.

Comment

There was never any Narn romance depicted on the screen. However, much could be inferred with G'Kar and Lyta. I remember there was that subplot with G'Leel in the Technomage books but it wasn't a romance per se; more like talking about her troubles with love in passing.
            sigpic

Comment

Like others have said, we never saw anything. Even his assistant, whose name escapes me, seemed more practical and cut and dried than romantic in any way. So i kinda see Narn mating as very much a dispassionate affair. ritualized moves (think like a mating dance, probably without the actual dance stuff) culminating in the act. For all we know, they lay eggs given that they are rather lizardy.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I was reading something on Narn Physiology on this site, which is kind of related to Narn romance.

The Narn reproduction is similar in some ways to Earth marsupials. After the female gives birth to a primitive embryo, the male carries the fetus is a pouch until developed to the point the infant can survive outside the pouch. Narns can perform physical intercourse with humans but no reproduction can occur.
                I can't remember if this mentioned in the show or any of the books.

I imagine Narn females being more aggressive, than a female human, in their courtship/mating rituals, but I don't really have much to base that on.
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

Good info. Thanks
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                    I was reading something on Narn Physiology on this site, which is kind of related to Narn romance.

I can't remember if this mentioned in the show or any of the books.

I imagine Narn females being more aggressive, than a female human, in their courtship/mating rituals, but I don't really have much to base that on.
                    In quite a few episodes, I do remember Narns referring to their "pouch brother" and other pouch siblings. With such lines of dialogue in episodes like "A Late Delivery From Avalon" it was implied that there was some connection to marsupials.
                    sigpic

Comment

The Narns remind me of the cardassians from star trek alot
                      sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

In what way? I don't see any similarities myself...
                        "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                        "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"

sigpic
                        >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Me neither, unless it's living on a desert planet.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd say the Centauri are more like Cardassians. The Narns seem to be more like the Maquis and Bajorans. Plus both sides (cardassians, maquis/bajorans and narn, centuari) also have a similar history with one another.

sigpic

Comment

Yes, I think that's more on the mark.

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Working...
                              X